Town Relation, any use?

Users who are viewing this thread

original

Knight
Hey all,

I'm not sure what benefits you get for having high relation with a town. I checked the scripts file, and the only role town relation plays, is that you get a trade penalty if it is negative. Otherwise I cannot find any benefits you get for having high relation with a town.

That's not fair. How come there are zero benefits for helping the town? At least the merchants should give some discount.

I would think that things like having the villagers start a fire for you should get easier/harder (cost of bribe up/down). Among other examples.
Sounds like a valid suggestion for a patch or a mini mod.

What about getting more recruits? I'm not sure if it's just normal but when I rescued a village from raiders I got the relation to rise and 10 recruits, when I normally only get 1-5 recruits.

pasisti said:
What about getting more recruits? I'm not sure if it's just normal but when I rescued a village from raiders I got the relation to rise and 10 recruits, when I normally only get 1-5 recruits.

No I mean the relation for towns.

pasisti said:
Towns, not Villages.

original said:
That's not fair. How come there are zero benefits for helping the town? At least the merchants should give some discount.
They do give you a discount, at least I think so.

original said:
I think trade penalty is always negative(You cannot buy and sell at the same price.). So you will get your discount and it helps a lot when trading, but I kind of agree that it should do something else too.

0.05% per relation point discount, adds to trade skill, never reach 100% soo you cant sell for same price anyway.

SharpXe said:
0.05% per relation point discount, adds to trade skill, never reach 100% soo you cant sell for same price anyway.

Hey I cannot find the part where the relation gives a discount. I've checked the script but it was never added to the trade skill.
Where did you get this from?

I would like if a positive relationship with the village helped lessen the amount of money lost due to tax inefficiency. I think that makes sense. The more the town likes you the less likley money is to be lost in the shuffle or mishandled.

Back
Top Bottom