tourney's still fubar

Users who are viewing this thread

hey guys, so my old post seems to have disappeared but still getting royally screwed over in tourney's. heck last round block seems to have been disabled entirely. previous tourney i still won, but who was the most difficult guy in the whole match? some wanderer that didnt even have single handed skills but who was somehow nastier then the king of valdia?

why is this this both trying to cheat you and why are the npc's involved inconsistent to the point of not reflecting their traits whatsoever?

hey guys, so my old post seems to have disappeared but still getting royally screwed over in tourney's. heck last round block seems to have been disabled entirely. previous tourney i still won, but who was the most difficult guy in the whole match? some wanderer that didnt even have single handed skills but who was somehow nastier then the king of valdia?

why is this this both trying to cheat you and why are the npc's involved inconsistent to the point of not reflecting their traits whatsoever?
it's because armor is useless in this game. Lords are super easy to beat in tournaments.

Veteran militia are actually the hardest fights in the arena.

I seem to swing like a rusty gate despite having high one handed and athletics skills. It makes it hard to get hits on the faster opponents.

Whomever makes it to the final round seems to get a boost to their skills. You can take down someone easily in early rounds, but if you face them again in the final round, they seem to fight with extraordinary skill.

Armor does make some difference in the arena. It's just a very small difference. I can one-hit opponents in rags. It usually takes more than one hit to fell someone in top tier armor.

hell tourneys for me are so bad this last one my character literally just didnt follow commands. i would press block he would stand there and take a hit. i swing my sword it goes right through them. i physically dodge his next shot, but when he gets his retaliatory strike (which came up twice as fast as anything im ever able to do) it went right through my block a second time.

it doesnt happen every time, but ya tourney's are straight up fubar. i mean holy crap.

just had yet another tourney where my newest companion who has no skills in single hand just tried to rapid fire me. if i didnt have shield bash there would have been nothing i could do because even when he was making slow attacks and me fast attacks he still could get them off faster then i could with high skills. this is awful.

I have occasionally noticed when fighting the same characters that sometimes they'll not try to block at all and let me 2-3 hit them, and other times they'll actually block pretty well and even feint sometimes. Usually my only issue with tournaments is that on the first exchange during a round, their hit will go directly through my shield's block. I've never noticed it happen during a battle but pretty often during tournaments and it's a pain if I'm doing the tourney at low health to begin with.

it's because armor is useless in this game. Lords are super easy to beat in tournaments.
Blunt weapons makes it even worse, ignore almost all of what little defense anyone has.

just had yet another tourney where my newest companion who has no skills in single hand just tried to rapid fire me
Yeah they **** the bed on making skills for melle weapons matter. It probably has to do with making MP units plausibly close in performance and then the absurdity of using that same type of setup for single player units.

That said, just move right and swing right to left, you'll usually win.

Another issue is the chamber-block-hit-you-all-in-one-swing maneuver. I can see no way that the player can replicate that move. It gets used against me at least once a tournament when there are sword fights.

Sometimes the top edge of my shield seems to be rather porous. I have been hit right through the top of the shield at least a dozen times in my current campaign. This might be a case of the collision mesh not being quite the same size as the shield itself.

Another issue is the chamber-block-hit-you-all-in-one-swing maneuver. I can see no way that the player can replicate that move. It gets used against me at least once a tournament when there are sword fights.
I dont experience this. The AI only seems to chamber block by accident. If you are playing on Challenging I recommend that you turn it off. The AI is unreasonably tough in challenging.
Sometimes the top edge of my shield seems to be rather porous. I have been hit right through the top of the shield at least a dozen times in my current campaign. This might be a case of the collision mesh not being quite the same size as the shield itself.
Yes, this is a problem I have had ever since release - the players shield has broken hitboxes or collision and AI have enormous shield hitboxes that you simply cannot hit around.

ya run into that before, but didnt realize it was limited to the top part of the shield, maybe ill just try and raise up a bit...

the point of introducing blunt weapons is to make lords not insanely op. i remember one patch they had a swing timer boost for 1h skills. and there's this kid with 300 1h swinging fast like lightning, that was a challenge to beat lol he would literally cut through my shield block cause of how fast he swings.

It sounds to me as though you're exaggerating somewhat. Yes, there do seem to be times when I 'get hit through my shield,' and feel that it was a bug rather than my screw-up. I'm not 100% certain that it isn't something I did wrong, though, as I haven't recorded myself and watched the video in slow motion, which would be necessary to tell for sure.

And, yes, sometimes the AI will do the 'chamber block' (which I agree is bull****) so fast there's nothing I can do. But this isn't at all a common occurrence, even though I do play on absolute maximum difficulty (and am only average in unmounted melee skill, judging from my multiplayer experience in Warband). It certainly doesn't happen every tournament I play, not even close.

It sounds to me as though you're exaggerating somewhat. Yes, there do seem to be times when I 'get hit through my shield,' and feel that it was a bug rather than my screw-up.
One thing that's new in Bannerlord is that an attack can still hurt you if it doesn't hit your shield. For example, an attack coming from the right at a sufficient angle won't get blocked if your shield's move movement is to the left. It's pretty cool in my opinion.

What is an issue, however, is how the protection goes off the instant you let go of your right click. I find myself making this mistake quite often. Let go of shield cuz I see an opportunity -> a split second later realizes it's a mistake -> immediately clicks right click again -> enemy's attack gets through even though the shield is still physically there. This only happens against melee attacks. Projectile still gets properly blocked.

Yeah, I'm aware of both of these player-errors, and most of the time when I 'get hit through my shield,' it's due to me making one of these errors. But there are a small number of times when I feel pretty sure I didn't make an error. But, in the past, I've found that I need to slow-motion a video to be sure the error wasn't mine.

For example, in Warband, there were times I was sure I'd parried with my sword in the correct direction and was hit anyway, but when I watched a video of myself in slow motion, I saw the camera moving up a tiny bit before I corrected to the side where the swing was coming from, showing what I couldn't see in real-time: I made a little error.

I suspect the OP is mostly getting hit due to his errors, like I am, and doesn't yet realize it.

Back
Top Bottom