Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
I'm one of the total conversion guys. I have been very interested for a while now in being able to control the armour being used by the various participants. I am aware that there are many other members of the community at large who wish for this as well.
Tournaments as they are at this point are very imbalanced with Lords/Ladies joining with high tier and heavy duty armour compared to say a militiaman who have generally lower tier armour. The issue here is that when a player is pitted against a lord is incredibly difficult for the player to actually win (unless that have cheats active). I find that tournaments are a good source of early game gold if they are won which then helps the player establish and maintain their army. It is my personal belief that if the modders are able to control this function (The tournament armour) it would create a more fair and balanced environment in mods that have some very high tier troops with powerful armour.
I don't know if this is something you are planning to bring in or even if you are planning to make tournaments more like warband but i hope you at least discuss and consider this thought!

TheREALHayster - The Kingdoms of Alantia Mod

I'm pretty sure you can control which units (and hence their armor) are spawned in your Cultures.xml:

XML:
<tournament_team_templates_one_participant>
      <template name="NPCCharacter.man" />
    </tournament_team_templates_one_participant>
    <tournament_team_templates_two_participant>
    </tournament_team_templates_two_participant>
    <tournament_team_templates_four_participant>
    </tournament_team_templates_four_participant>

I'm pretty sure you can control which units (and hence their armor) are spawned in your Cultures.xml:

XML:
<tournament_team_templates_one_participant>
    </tournament_team_templates_one_participant>
    <tournament_team_templates_two_participant>
    </tournament_team_templates_two_participant>
    <tournament_team_templates_four_participant>
    </tournament_team_templates_four_participant>
I'll have to try it but i recall people mentioning a while back it didn't work putting the armor into those templates

Have you managed to work this out? Is it still an issue? @TheREALHayster
@Jance Okay so i managed to fix the issue and had a test. Simply put it does work and yet doesn't.
You can indeed apply certain items to a fighter in a tournament but not replace the pre-existing equipment like in warband. Just use what i did to test as an example
<NPCCharacter id="tournament_template_alantian_one_participant_set_v1" default_group="Infantry" level="6" name="{=!}tournament_template_alantian_one_participant_set_v1" culture="Culture.alantian" skill_template="SkillSet.infantry_heavyinfantry_level6_template_skills"> <face> <face_key_template value="BodyProperty.fighter_battania" /> </face> <skills></skills> <upgrade_targets></upgrade_targets> <Equipments> <EquipmentRoster> <equipment slot="Item0" id="Item.ala_1h_sword_t2" /> <equipment slot="Item1" id="Item.ala_wood_heater" /> <equipment slot="Head" id="Item.ala_knight_helm_a" /> </EquipmentRoster> <EquipmentSet id="npc_wanderer_equipment_template_battania_civilian" civilian="true" /> </Equipments> </NPCCharacter>
I added a helmet to the 1 v 1 tournament round. My character who didn't have a helm on was given the specified helmet. My opponent (A mercenary crossbowman i believe) already had a helmet on and was not given the specified equipment.
If it is something you can do that'd be fantastic :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom