Tournaments with nobles rewarding horses most of the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Most if not all tournaments with nobles reward horses that can not be used before midgame.

Can tournaments stop rewarding horses all the time, and start rewarding bows too btw?

Also the recent tournament frequency change has really reduced the number of tournaments for non-imperial factions.

(on the beta branch here)

I'm playing 1.6.5 beta and I've noticed the same thing. I played three tournaments in a row with 4 or more nobles, and all three times the reward was a camel.

90 riding - light xbow, no need for focus there just headshoot two groups of looters and probably you have 90 skills if you have some focuses in riding. Those headshots ofc have to be from long range, it is wasting looters to shot them from close. I would really welcome some armor for camels besides easier leveling of recruits.

Most if not all tournaments with nobles reward horses that can not be used before midgame.

Can tournaments stop rewarding horses all the time, and start rewarding bows too btw?
You will probably be surprised, but the rewards are not only for you to put them on immediately, start with the fact that you get experience, but you can also profitably sell this equipment where it is valuable.

You will probably be surprised, but the rewards are not only for you to put them on immediately, start with the fact that you get experience, but you can also profitably sell this equipment where it is valuable.
With small investment to roguery and double-betting each tournament even in mid-game would yield you around 1,350 gold + 1,000-ish reward. Regular tournament-rounding in the lands while you're a merc helps offset the rate of funds burning when there are no wars. So yeah, the rewards are still useful imo.

really? you have tips to increase this fast?
90 riding - light xbow, no need for focus there just headshoot two groups of looters and probably you have 90 skills if you have some focuses in riding. Those headshots ofc have to be from long range, it is wasting looters to shot them from close. I would really welcome some armor for camels besides easier leveling of recruits.
^This, but you can of course use bow instead, but if you don't want/have bow just a light xbow is fine, you get a massive ridding skill gain for long range shots and high damage shots so just fire into approaching enemies every battle and riding will shoot up super fast.

^This, but you can of course use bow instead, but if you don't want/have bow just a light xbow is fine, you get a massive ridding skill gain for long range shots and high damage shots so just fire into approaching enemies every battle and riding will shoot up super fast.
oh, i didn't know that, i always trained on the common way, you know fighting as cavalry and fighting mounted

oh, i didn't know that, i always trained on the common way, you know fighting as cavalry and fighting mounted

the poster before you gave you a very bad advice. Use Crossbow, make headshots from as long range as possible. I hope you wont explode from laughs when you see the results. Its been that way since BL EA came out. Crossbow from horse = pure profit :smile: Bow is comparably a waste of time.

for athletics, stabbing is also the way to do it, not hacking.

Last edited:
the poster before you gave you a very bad advice.
Are you saying your suggesting for a player with Bow FP invested, who wants to use a bow, would be to not use it and use a light X bow instead to gain riding skill from long shots and then to return Bow at...???... some later time? You stand by this as such superior advice to call mine bad? I rapidly reach 90 riding doing the exact thing with a bow every game I start, it still works even if the raw damage and ease of light X bow might be an advantage too.

yeah, I hope they could make the stab and thrusts attack a button for it, i sometimes gets ffrustrated moving the movie in directions
Yeah I'd like some option to set a short cut or to lock out certain angles or chain attacks too. Some situations you're gonna just attack 1 way for a loooooong time and tbh I basically never want a chain attack with some weapons.

more importantly, the tournaments are not rewarding enough to make me come back for more in the mid-game/late game. Need more interesting rewards. I agree with you.

The amount of horses and camels I've gotten from tournaments is a huge turn-off for me as well. Money can be made easily in other ways, I don't find the horses to be particularly valuable. Even just compared to the money you can make from bets in the beginning. I don't even want to use the horses, maybe it's just me but I don't even think their that good, apart from the Tyal horse maybe. From mid-game onwards tournaments are just a bit of a change of pace. Rewards are not worth it and betting is not worth it since I won too many already, or however that's calculated. Still like doing them for training though.

On a side-note, tournaments get way too easy anyway. I play on realistic damage and apart from projectiles or me being overwhelmed it's a breeze.

I love noble horses as a reward. They're hard to get otherwise. Since this last patch I've actually gotten my own crafted swords back as rewards more often than horses. I prefer the horses.

Back
Top Bottom