tournaments suck (3.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rock paper scissors isn't how I describe tournaments in Gekokujo. Native has a bit of random generation that makes you go "well, this one was unfair". Gekokujo looks at you, smiles, and wonders what stick'll best go in your arse!

You can only stab with a spear, and it's very weak, so spawning with one's almost always a loss
It really is way too rock/paper scisors with weapons.  The archer sidearm is too fast but can't block for no discernable reason, The kanebo relies on the chance it'll go through a block, and is otherwise much worse, The swords and naginata realy depend on if your opponents wanna hug you or not. 

Because you'll never get horses, you'll never get moments where you can compensate for inept allies with skill.
Because the corner folks spawn from is randomized,  an archer could get only one shot, two shots, or three shots in.

Overall, I just feel like most of my losses are bull**** "i got handed X when the enemy had Y" and it's really frustrating. The character ain't weak, with 6 power draw/strike and relevant weapon skills at over a hundred (maybe athletics at 4 is a bit low, and I've used a stronger character who had similar frustrations, though i can't remember the stats for that one, and it was pre 3.1 so they didn't have the spear problem))

Lastly, we're missing out on cultures having different tournaments.  Takeda tournies should be all horse, the central regions with their more peasant (and monk) armies should favour such weapons, The fellows on the end favour samurai and maybe the mori/chosekabe might have more to do with bows (this is all guesswork, but it would add flavour)

Back
Top Bottom