SP - Battles & Sieges Tournaments and Feasts

Users who are viewing this thread

IBFRAGGINU

Recruit
Feasts were a feature I believe a lot of people expected to return in Bannerlord and a lot of people ended up disappointed at their exclusion. I have to admit however they never really provided much reason to exist outside of role playing or the increased chance of a lord you need to find being at one. I think Bannerlord presents a lot more potential for fiefs to be valuable and if properly implemented could shake up the repetitiveness of the mid game.

My suggestion would be to bring feasts back, have them become slightly more rare occurrences possibly that trigger more often after your faction Declares peace in favorable conditions. As it stands now tournaments are very good for the early game, but by mid game, both the rewards, and wagers you place are simply not worth the time.

The feast impacts the settlement it is hosted in, boosting the prosperity, and income, but also lowering the food in the market.

Lords that attend the fief receive an amount of influence depending on how many actually show up. More lords attending will give more influence. the lord that hosted the feast will receive a much larger influence boost (player included) as they would have to pay for the feast.

Add special tournaments that only run during the feast. These tournaments will be exclusive to lords, no regular soldiers or companions.

Instead of a series of larger groups battling, the tournament will be a variety of 1v1 bouts. Possibly single elimination, or a round robin points based system.

Since the fighters will be lords, the prize pools increase offering better loot, more influence and renown for winning, and will allow you to place higher bets increasing the reward further.

Tried the feast mod. Never really saw the point as gaining relation and keeping it is way too easy in vanila.
If feast are implemented. They should be with a reason. Childbirth, wedding, death of a clan member.
But before that it´s better they fix traits and relations. It´s just aburd that a child is born with negative relation with the father.

Tried the feast mod. Never really saw the point as gaining relation and keeping it is way too easy in vanila.
If feast are implemented. They should be with a reason. Childbirth, wedding, death of a clan member.
But before that it´s better they fix traits and relations. It´s just aburd that a child is born with negative relation with the father.
I think that adding feasts would be a good opportunity to revise how easy it is to get and keep relations.
idk; add a couple stats to clothing that give the game a sense of what your wearing.
how formal is it?
how flashy is it?
what culture does it evoke?

add some behaviors to your companions or clan members who might accompany you or be sent off in your absence.

if the player doesn't come from nobility the more meritocratic lords should be warm with welcoming you, whereas some lords should be increasingly cold and "forgetting" to invite you to the post-tournament feast.

maybe add some of the elaborate courtship stuff from warband, rival suitors.. etc.

idk; it would make more sense if the clan system actually made sense. or the old "lord-based" system was somehow able to integrate with it decently enough.

Apparently the bard "Taliesin" was at the feast, and sang a poem of mirth.

"In days of old,
when knights were bold,
and barons held their sway,
A warrior bold,
with spurs of gold,
sang merrily his lay,
sang merrily his lay,
My Love is young and fair,
my love hath golden hair,
and eye's of blue and heart so true,
that none else compare.
Queen Derthert was her name .."

The bard then quickly grabbed his stuff and exited out a side door .. closely followed by Vlandian knights.

The king of Vlandia had his reputation destroyed that night, which eventually led to civil war .. (maybe)

Last edited:
rhythm-game-based dancing segments where your agility matters! (and your ability to walk straight gradually decreases with every dance as you drink more and more wine)

Back
Top Bottom