SP - General Tournaments and Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah that's why I said I am not good at dueling, I just can't do that reliably :lol: . I probably could eventually if I try often enough but honestly that isn't something I particularly enjoy doing.

Sure- that situational fight can be tough but different tournament locations fight different styles of tournaments. You can go to Vlandia and fight Tournaments were the final is always on horses and a champion has no advantage at all that I can tell (the AI bots are particularly bad with lances right now- that might not last).

The main thing is to eliminate the only threatening competition before that final round- if you can do that even 50% of the time the AI champion will randomly get defeated 20% of the time without you doing anything so that puts your odds of winning already around 70%

As you play more that 70% rises until it is above 90% and you will start telling people, Tournaments are easy! lol

I've found smarts, a bit of ability and some intelligence can usually win you the tournament.

I tend to stay away from big scrums, easiest way to take a shot in the back. In these situations I try to protect my partner/partners, that's really it. When I'm using a ranged weapon I try to angle myself to hit the opponents in the back. Sure it's dirty. Why not? Victory smells the same! When it comes down to 1-1 situations, well... Aim for the head and hope for the best. Also I try to angle myself constantly away from their sword arm... Makes it more difficult for the AI to hit me. When I'm stuck with a weapon I don't usually use... Well that's when I die lol. 2 handed polearms on foot? Really? lol.

There also seems to be too many tournaments. Almost every town I go to, there's a tournament when I arrive. I remember them being a little harder to find in Warband. I'm all decked out in tournament gear after only visiting a few towns.

There also seems to be too many tournaments. Almost every town I go to, there's a tournament when I arrive. I remember them being a little harder to find in Warband. I'm all decked out in tournament gear after only visiting a few towns.

Rewards from tournaments really aren't that impressive though so I don't see it as a problem. In Warband tournaments were rarer but also more meaningful.

Wow, great. Just did another tournament where a full plated hero curb stomped me.
Warband really did do this better - I have no idea who decided it was a good call to allow armor like that in fights.
I shouldn't have to "cheese" a tournament. :xf-cry:

Rewards from tournaments really aren't that impressive though so I don't see it as a problem. In Warband tournaments were rarer but also more meaningful.
Gear in general isn't that impressive. I'm very disappointed with the armor in this game compared to Warband. I know it's based on an earlier time period but it's so uninspiring and boring. There are many different kinds of armor that all look more or less the same with the around the same stats. Can I ever be a knight in full plate and plumed armet in Bannerlord? Not until mods I fear.

Don't care about the uninspired tournament rewards. I play them for the fun and little bit of coin when I'm stopping at a town.

Wow, great. Just did another tournament where a full plated hero curb stomped me.
Warband really did do this better - I have no idea who decided it was a good call to allow armor like that in fights.
I shouldn't have to "cheese" a tournament. :xf-cry:
Go to nexusmods there is a mod for this, fair armors mod or something

I just think it makes tournaments absolutely trivial in late game, when you also have strong armour and the only thing that can kill you now is a Headshot by a javelin.

Make different Tournaments:
Regular tournament: As they are now in Cities and everybody gets a medium armour of the town culture whith more varied faction equipment as a reward
Royal tournaments: Hosted by nobles in Castles at special occasions, marriages or Peace Treaties for example. These would last a Week and be the gathering of high society and could include special Quests given by rivaling Nobles, like sabotaging the opponents gear or abducting their Rivals Daughter.
The player can convert Money into Renown and Influence this way if he were to host one himself (50 000 denars --) 10 Influence and 5 Renown per attending Noble and 50 if you were to win such a tournament ; Only Nobles and named Characters are allowed to attend, Stronger weapons and everybody gets to bring their own armour. With special tornament types like jousting or Archery Contests.

The player would need to pay a decent sum of money (5000 Denars?) and be at least clan tier 2-3 in order to attend and the reward can be a decorated piece of armour or masterwork weapons. This would also give opportunity to strenghten Relations with nobles of the Realm or make new enemies.

Back
Top Bottom