Tournament vote?

What should be the next warband Native tournament that you want to play in?

• WNL (6 vs 6)

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • WNL (8 vs 8)

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Native Fantasy League (6 vs 6)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • NFL ^ (8 vs 8)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Nations Cup (May struggle)

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • Warband Winter Cup

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Warband 5-aside League

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Scramble League

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • WPL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Precisely why a faster, league based system where every 2-3 weeks there's new additions, trades and drafts its the (only) way to do a fantasy, people would keep interested in roster changes or where are they landing x players.

In addition to that you if we were to make it and you didnt land in the team you wanted to, or have no friends to play you may just leave using the "free agent" system 1, or maybe 2 seasons afterwards depending on how its implemented.

E:

Yeah that's also the problem. In fantasy leagues some captains pick their friends instead of good players

Yeah, and they usually get bid on multiple times usually resulting on terrible teams due to that, and again, with trades being supervised and/or restricted it would be clear that draft day is very important and should not be treated slightly.

Last time I ran a fantasy league I had to kick people who refused to play for the team they were picked on and attempted to force transfers to other teams. I wouldn't bother. They always end up as a complete mess where half the teams completely lose interest and fall apart after 1-2 weeks. They're also significantly more work than running a regular tournament. I guess Aleck's proposal negates a decent amount of those problems but I have to ask if it's really worth the additional effort compared to running a normal one.

Do one of these 6 vs 6s everyone keep saying will have 6 amazing teams competing for silverware in.

There is little to no surprise as to why there is a blatant lack of people willing to take over the next tournament. We got so used to quality events for the past years that we don't even realise how lucky we got to have people maintaining high standards despite the undeniable decline of the scene.

If someone hosts a tournament without having the proper skills required for it, there is a chance he/she gets burned at the stakes for doing bad (won't be by everybody though, not trying to make this a generality) whereas if a good host / admin team shows-up and get the job done, most people won't even bother showing the slightest of appreciation. Just look at the ECS4 conclusion thread, usually, these would get at least a dozen of comments in no time whereas this one got 3-4 people taking the time to thank the admins at best. Just a tad sad.

I know most of these people don't host tournaments for the praises but at the same time, it's not hard to write a little 'gg, thank you' if you played and enjoyed the competition and from the perspective of those who dedicated their time to give you a good time, these comments do go a long way. Just food for thoughts. I imagine someone will eventually step-up at some point after the vacations, maybe there is already a group of people working on it, but it won't get better if we keep acting like spoiled children, expecting everything to be spoon-fed to us while being ready to give only very little in return.

However I agree with most of what you said, Tardet, I also think it is related to the new format of the forums. I, for example didn't take a look at the ECS sub forum since the finals were played, and didn't even see the closure thread until you mentioned it. Being an admin, moderator or the slightest responsible for the tournament is always a hard work and should always be appreciated. I believe most of the people don't want to put themselves under such a task as they might get a backfire from the community, since most of the current players are not experienced admins. Best way to initiate a new tournament would be to get experienced admins with the volunteers for hosting.

I would be up for helping out on administrative stuff for the next tournament admin team if anyone has plans.

However I agree with most of what you said, Tardet, I also think it is related to the new format of the forums. I, for example didn't take a look at the ECS sub forum since the finals were played, and didn't even see the closure thread until you mentioned it.
Also this, tournament groups instead of boards suck but sadly it's never coming back.

I feel like the groups hurt participation too, people interested in the game would visit the forums and see tournament sections and boards. Now they're squirreled away in groups and only the occasional announcement thread. I guess the calendar helps a little.

I feel like the groups hurt participation too, people interested in the game would visit the forums and see tournament sections and boards. Now they're squirreled away in groups and only the occasional announcement thread. I guess the calendar helps a little.

Squirreled away; the tournaments board is 'squirreled' away deep into the MP section, neither way is ideal, if you have any suggestions for improvements which isn't just 'bring back the MP board', then I'll be happy to hear it, otherwise it's going to be groups.

Squirreled away; the tournaments board is 'squirreled' away deep into the MP section, neither way is ideal, if you have any suggestions for improvements which isn't just 'bring back the MP board', then I'll be happy to hear it, otherwise it's going to be groups.

Sorry to insult your unpaying overlords. I'd love to see the data for visitors to the tournament boards in the old forums vs the visitors to the individual groups currently, perhaps it would prove me wrong (doubt it).

Sorry to insult your unpaying overlords. I'd love to see the data for visitors to the tournament boards in the old forums vs the visitors to the individual groups currently, perhaps it would prove me wrong (doubt it).

If you've got a way to develop on current tournament boards, then I'm sure we can sort something out, but as it stands, the tournament boards aren't good (not that groups are 'great' either, but there's extra features which makes them more manageable for both administrators and tournament organisers). I understand that they don't seem to get enough attention, which is why we'd love to take suggestions. Formulate something cool.

If you've got a way to develop on current tournament boards, then I'm sure we can sort something out, but as it stands, the tournament boards aren't good (not that groups are 'great' either, but there's extra features which makes them more manageable for both administrators and tournament organisers). I understand that they don't seem to get enough attention, which is why we'd love to take suggestions. Formulate something cool.

Subboards to the multiplayer section worked perfectly fine for years and generated good interest without cluttering the rest of the forums. Ruling them out just because someone decided to reinvent the wheel is just silly and a laughable starting point if you're actually being serious (in reality you have 0 power to do anything about it so who cares). As with every change implemented recently, there is apparently never any onus on the changers to justify or present the positives of the change, and only ever the demand that we explain the obvious, meanwhile population and interaction drops off.

I guess you could recreate it by linking from the multiplayer section to the groups in an obvious Tournament This Way manner, but really that's just making the same thing really. I mean in the BL section there are individual sections for each map and class, I don't see how a few boards for running tournaments is a hassle.

Subboards to the multiplayer section worked perfectly fine for years and generated good interest without cluttering the rest of the forums. Ruling them out just because someone decided to reinvent the wheel is just silly and a laughable starting point if you're actually being serious (in reality you have 0 power to do anything about it so who cares). As with every change implemented recently, there is apparently never any onus on the changers to justify or present the positives of the change, and only ever the demand that we explain the obvious, meanwhile population and interaction drops off.

I guess you could recreate it by linking from the multiplayer section to the groups in an obvious Tournament This Way manner, but really that's just making the same thing really. I mean in the BL section there are individual sections for each map and class, I don't see how a few boards for running tournaments is a hassle.
it took them 8 years to release a broken game. what did you expect? :lol:

8f37cf8f07821fee88fcfb6ceba1c583.png

Nothing hidden about the multiplayer section, it would still work fine for tournaments if it were allowed to. Literally anyone who clicks on the section for "Warband Discussion" is met with the subboard for Multiplayer. What's actually kind of funny and sad is that tournaments were even more obvious on the old forums:

97b433c7399ff511607a690f0a9dd473.png

On the old forums you didn't even need to go into a "Multiplayer" section to find tournaments, they were out on the front where it was almost impossible to miss them for anyone that clicked on the "Warband Discussion" area. 3 of the 4 subboards were MP related, so I really don't see how there was any problem whatsoever with the visibility of tournaments or multiplayer activities. The groups section is hidden away and heavily cluttered, while the old format advertised tournaments in front of anyone interested in Warband on the forums.

Changing away from the old system was pointless and detrimental to the visibility of MP activities.

Back
Top Bottom