Tournament vote?

What should be the next warband Native tournament that you want to play in?

• WNL (6 vs 6)

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • WNL (8 vs 8)

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Native Fantasy League (6 vs 6)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • NFL ^ (8 vs 8)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Nations Cup (May struggle)

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • Warband Winter Cup

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Warband 5-aside League

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Scramble League

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • WPL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ask taleworld if they want to invest some shekels into a great game with a somewhat alive comp scene after 10 years that would spice it up a bit.....they should have some spare thousand after they huge bannerlord "successes" :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

EDIT: did they invest money into Bannerlord esports?

As far as I know, Taleworlds only invested direct money (as in, that money was for the prizepool and therefore went directly in the players's pockets) for the LAN at Bucharest. They supported certain warband tournaments (only on native) through promotion and/or BL keys though but most of the prizepool you saw for certain events were funded by generous individuals of the scene. It doesn't hurt asking them, but I'm not certain it would be coherent for them to continue supporting a scene with hundred of players who don't (or barely) play Bannerlord. Plus, with their most regular way of supporting warband tournaments being a free key for a game none of us care to play atm (or we wouldn't be there actively looking for warband tournaments) it's not like it would be very useful.

Your best shot would probably be try contacting wealthy individuals and see if they are interested into injecting a few euros into the next tournament but the it's not really worth the effort as the amount you'd potentially be able to collect wouldn't be sufficient to get people not interested in the first play to suddently tryhard the game. I had argue it's more important to find the right people to host a good tournament and enjoy playing the game for what it is because that's really all we got left at this point.

5-6 is ambitious but you could definitely get 3 teams with a good chance of winning in a 6v6 tourney
If there is a roster limit teams will have to split. This could mean there would be Unity, FT, OIDA (Dopey), Malta?, FT 2, Turkish Team and maybe AE if they would sign up which I doubt

6v6 with 8 man roster caps seems good to me
I fully understand the reasoning and I have been a huge advocate of small rosters for competitive events but having only two subs with the current activity in the scene would put a high number of team at a risk of dropping out. Not every teams can afford 8 very active players, some will always need to juggle between several players with different availabilities.

I like the idea but eventually I feel it should have been enforced way before and could do more bad than good in our current scene.

I fully understand the reasoning and I have been a huge advocate of small rosters for competitive events but having only two subs with the current activity in the scene would put a high number of team at a risk of dropping out. Not every teams can afford 8 very active players, some will always need to juggle between several players with different availabilities.

I like the idea but eventually I feel it should have been enforced way before and could do more bad than good in our current scene.
But if we don't have roster caps we will see the same teams sign up again and the tournament will most likely end with the same 2 teams playing eachother in the finals.

Yeah it maybe wasn't clear in my post but I wasn't arguing against a roster cap, just about the fact Fietta suggested such cap to be at 8. Increasing it only slightly (10 seems like the perfect number) for Div B & C would actually be a smart move, no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom