Tournament suggestions V2

What should be the next warband Native tournament format be that you want to play in?

• WNL 8 vs 8 or 6 vs 6

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Native Fantasy League (NFL)

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • 6 vs 6 Again

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • WSC (Warband Summer cup) 6 vs 6

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • WSC (Warband Summer cup) 8 v 8

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Nations Cup 8 vs 8

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • Nations Cup 6 vs 6

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Scramble League

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • ENL (European Native League) 8 vs 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NPL (Native Pro League) 8 vs 8

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You are delusional ONeil.
what other reason do you have for coming on this forum other than trying to get accepted back into the community, its cringe and shows you have nothing else other than warband in life

please dont post again and keep it entirely based on tourney suggestions, dont forget, you wont be playing in the next one regardless of what it is

what other reason do you have for coming on this forum other than trying to get accepted back into the community, its cringe and shows you have nothing else other than warband in life

please dont post again and keep it entirely based on tourney suggestions, dont forget, you wont be playing in the next one regardless of what it is

If I were so desperate to play, I'd just take another key and do so, that's how easy it is. It's funny how the most toxic community member moralizes me. What I have and what I do not have in my life is none of your business. I post here because I still care even if I can't play, that is why I hosted tournaments and why I made graphics for free. Either way, last time I checked, I wasn't banned from engaging with the community on TaleWorlds forums.

Has there ever been a fantasy league that managed to get from start to finish without a lot of teams dropping out?

People are only ever interested in either how much they go for or what tier they've been placed in, past that is irrelevant. It's been like this for years.
I proved in the last mercs fantasy league that you do not need a tier system to have a good FL, the community is small enough everyone knows how good everyone else is and captains can buy well balanced teams without needing a tier system showing them who is worth more. It avoids a lot of drama aswell.

Alright, you're going to stop that, you've derailed the thread and randomly started flaming.

I proved in the last mercs fantasy league that you do not need a tier system to have a good FL, the community is small enough everyone knows how good everyone else is and captains can buy well balanced teams without needing a tier system showing them who is worth more. It avoids a lot of drama aswell.

Most people sign-up to see how much they're worth and if they've been bought for trash money, they'd simply just stop playing or lose interest, that's how it's always been. I'm unsure how it would pan out in the current state of Native (as there's numerous new players from all sorts of modules), so potentially it could work, especially if it's the sole tournament.

Just a genuine question: other than the finals, how exactly was NA disadvantaged throughout the tourney if the home-away system was in place?
West coast players, but we also had Turkish players with the same issue, there was very little 'disadvantage', you could even argue that it was even in most cases, but just because it's an even playing field, doesn't in any sense mean it's a fair test of skill. If two teams had to play with 300ping, yeah it's an even playing field, but defeats the purpose of competition. Playing with high ping is always limiting and lowers the skill cap greatly.

Home having a 3 - 0 stomp each time is a clear indication that neither home or away is a true test of skill, rounds are won by throwing, getting annoyed or just simply outplayed on a single round. One round shouldn't determine the skill of a match, you should have all rounds show exactly what you're capable of.

I never advocated for home and away because it's simply just unfair on both sides (since neither home and away is a 'fair' test of skill), I'd rather make it more fair for the majority continent rather than potentially having boring games because you want a couple of nations to join. Yeah it's controversial, but you have to make sacrifices to make tournaments more enjoyable and more skilful. A top EU team getting knocked out because they lost a set, even though they could've easily won all the other rounds if it was a fair test of skill, is simply tragic, ruins the competition.

It's why EU tournaments force NA teams (if any sign-up) to play on EU turf, they very rarely get that far and will never be a top team (because of the ping issues), but that means at top level we have more exciting teams face each other as there's no real ping disadvantage. If we had home and away in EU tournaments, imagine how tragic top-level would be, it's the same for Nation's cup.

Last edited:
I never advocated for home and away because it's simply just unfair on both sides (since neither home and away is a 'fair' test of skill), I'd rather make it more fair for the majority continent rather than potentially having boring games because you want a couple of nations to join. Yeah it's controversial, but you have to make sacrifices to make tournaments more enjoyable and more skilful. A top EU team getting knocked out because they lost a set, even though they could've easily won all the other rounds if it was a fair test of skill, is simply tragic, ruins the competition.
So your only issue is that the EU team lost and not the NA team. Thanks for confirming.

So your only issue is that the EU team lost and not the NA team. Thanks for confirming.

Why do you nit-pick and take it out of context and completely disregard my statement, if you want to join in the conversation, do it, if not, stop creating piss-poor baiting attempts. How about you tell me why home and away is great and why we should allow it going forward for competition? Or are you only capable of picking out comments and making terrible replies?

As I've written I've NEVER advocated for home and away, I've made this complaint numerous times in numerous NCs, Poland losing to NA has nothing to do with it. If NA want to create an NC fine, I wouldn't want home and away there either, but at the moment it's EU creating the NC.

Why do you nit-pick and take it out of context and completely disregard my statement, if you want to join in the conversation, do it, if not, stop creating piss-poor baiting attempts. How about you tell me why home and away is great and why we should allow it going forward for competition? Or are you only capable of picking out comments and making terrible replies?

As I've written I've NEVER advocated for home and away, I've made this complaint numerous times in numerous NCs, Poland losing to NA has nothing to do with it. If NA want to create an NC fine, I wouldn't want home and away there either, but at the moment it's EU creating the NC.
Don't call it a Nations Cup if you want to exclude any nation but EUs. Home away was fair for the NCs because those NCs were international tournaments, not EU tournaments. No one would complain about you crying cuz a EU team got rekt by NA with home away if it were a EU tournament. But it wasn't a EU tournament so deal with the fact that home away is the only fair option for a tournament that wants to be international. The fact that a EU player is host of the NC doesn't make it a EU tournament, especially if this admin (Watly) made it clear that it was a international tourney.

Don't call it a Nations Cup if you want to exclude any nation but EUs. Home away was fair for the NCs because those NCs were international tournaments, not EU tournaments. No one would complain about you crying cuz a EU team got rekt by NA with home away if it were a EU tournament. But it wasn't a EU tournament so deal with the fact that home away is the only fair option for a tournament that wants to be international. The fact that a EU player is host of the NC doesn't make it a EU tournament, especially if this admin (Watly) made it clear that it was a international tourney.

Ok fine, currently NC seems unlikely to happen anyways, especially 8v8. WNL 6v6 would be good though.

Judging by what people are saying on the post, and I do apologise for not speaking or replying to comments I should have. I could make a fantasy or Scramble league happily but would take time.

Absolutely right on that. It was the first NC that included both a team from Asia and three teams from South America. It even sparked a brief surge in the SA community for competitive with the, to them new, EU/NA rule set.

It was also the first NC where the US had a reasonably fair shot due to better German infrastructure and the US central/east players stepping up. That's why I would say that this argument

NA had worse average ping against every team they faced on both home and away servers.

couldn't be reasonably made anymore for NA and vice versa. As a consequence, NA got far by being a better team overall than the teams they faced. It was a hard pill to swallow for a lot of teams, so the 'waaaa ping' argument came up many times and will continue to come up many more times by people who just can't let it go.

The tournament wasn't without its flaws and it would have been a disaster if NA met China. However, I was proud of that tournament and am still proud of it. I would set it up again that way if the situation were more favourable for both me and the game at large.

We are talking through some of our options at the minute. Unless somebody else has something very concrete that they are about to launch, expect an update in the next few weeks.

Also: For those who are still waiting on the WRC closing thread, we are waiting for Roudrac to finish the medals (which are quite a few this time around), he does amazing work which obviously takes time. Once we have those we can properly end that tournament as well.

... is better idea than NC. Unless u want to make it in boring 6v6 format, so nations like czech republic, austria&switzerland, sweden&norway maybe could get enough players to take part in it.

Even in 6v6, austria/Switzerland wont be able to field enough players. They were hardly able in the past tournaments and always recruited some rl friends with 10hours experience.

Also for germany, except there's a new change compared to the former NC system, most people won't participate because the skill gap is way too high.

NC, at such a stage, is a terrible idea, you should rather just do a quick TR/POL/FRA/NA tournament. Lots of players wont'/Can't participate due to the region-restrictions or the big skillgap. NC is nothing what benefits the small community in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom