OSP Kit QoL Tournament Play Enhancements 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

trying to add to my mod. I have looked at the last 6 pages to see if i could find the error. But too no avail.
I did all the things that were instructed, just not:

TOURNAMENT_TROOPS
Copy everything from tournament_troops into your main module_troops.py file.  This improves save game compatibility for future revisions to your mod otherwise modmerger will insert them at the end of the “troops list” each compile.

as i didn't find a 
tournament_troops
in the download. I am trying to add TPE 1.5d - TPE+CC+PBOD

here is the error:

Code:
modmerge__(modcomp_name,var_dict)
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\modmerger
.py", line 239, in modmerge__
    _temp.__dict__[mergefn_name](var_dict)
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\trees_scr
ipts.py", line 486, in modmerge
    modmerge_scripts(orig_scripts)
ipts.py", line 473, in modmerge_scripts
    add_scripts(orig_scripts, scripts, True)
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\util_scri
pts.py", line 128, in add_scripts
    return add_objects(orig_scripts, add_scripts, addmode)
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\util_comm
on.py", line 65, in add_objects
    find_index = list_find_first_match_i(dst_objects, add_objects[i][0]);
on.py", line 44, in list_find_first_match_i
    if (object[0].lower() == object_id_lowercase):
TypeError: 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
    from process_operations import *
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\process_o
perations.py", line 20, in <module>
    from module_scripts import *
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\module_sc
ripts.py", line 63637, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
.py", line 297, in modmerge
  File "process_tableau_materials.py", line 8, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
  File "process_presentations.py", line 4, in <module>
    from module_presentations import *
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\module_pr
esentations.py", line 14566, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
.py", line 237, in modmerge__
    _temp = __import__( src_module_name ,{} , {}, [mergefn_name],-1)
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\tournamen
t_presentations.py", line 2422, in <module>
    (agent_set_slot, ":agent_no", slot_agent_hp_bar_overlay_id, 0),
NameError: name 'slot_agent_hp_bar_overlay_id' is not defined
Exporting party_template data...
  File "process_parties.py", line 6, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
  File "process_scripts.py", line 4, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
  File "process_mission_tmps.py", line 5, in <module>
    from module_mission_templates import *
  File "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Module_system 1.153 Perisno&diplomacy\module_mi
ssion_templates.py", line 1227, in <module>
    WP_TPE_weapon_ai, # <--- PUT IT HERE.
NameError: name 'WP_TPE_weapon_ai' is not defined
  File "process_game_menus.py", line 8, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
  File "process_simple_triggers.py", line 5, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
  File "process_dialogs.py", line 9, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
  File "process_global_variables_unused.py", line 3, in <module>
    modmerge(var_set)
Exporting postfx_params...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

Hello and thanks for a great kit Windyplains, I've been able to get v1.5 (TPE+PBOD) working properly with just an exception of one small annoying issue.

Somehow all of the tournament npcs use the first name in the list, "Adam", with the exception of the game's Lords/Rulers, and never use any other of the available names in the list. What might be causing this?

Hey.
I wanted to change the number of rounds in a tournament. Can someone direct me to the right module and file?
(have never worked with python so, my current search is progressing very slow)

EDIT: So I have looked through all the src files looking for some sort of round variable, initialisation, or anything that might seem to be associated. And have found nothing. :sad:

Look for the constant wp_tpe_max_tournament_tiers in file tournament_constants.py.  There are minor tweaks that would need to be made afterwards so that the correct description of rounds are displaced (such as which is last), but that's the main setting to alter this and where to begin.

I'm a real noob at anything for coding. The tutorial that was given in the 1.5 TPE was extremely confusing and hard to follow. I felt like a majority of the files that were asked for weren't even there in the first place. If you could help me walk through it or post a video, that would be great.

MrRichards said:
I'm a real noob at anything for coding. The tutorial that was given in the 1.5 TPE was extremely confusing and hard to follow. I felt like a majority of the files that were asked for weren't even there in the first place. If you could help me walk through it or post a video, that would be great.
Since nobody else is responding I guess it is up to me...
Are you even using the Module System? If you do not even know what the "Module System" is then you migth as well give up on any complicated modding or learn about it.

Hey

I am relatively new to M&B, but kinda hooked. I would like to merge this mod to PoP, but when I use the modmerger I still get numerous errors, even after following the installation instructions to the letter. Is anybody still active on this topic to help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks!

Somebody said:
Prophesy of Pendor is closed source (download gives you the
Code:
txt
files) which means you can't use mod-merger with it (it needs the
Code:
py
files).

So I'm assuming I can't merge it to ACOK either? I'm not at all happy with the ACOK 1.3 tournament changes and this sounds exactly what I'm looking for.

That's correct.  ACOK uses this kit's tournament system, but uses a heavily altered version of it using options not normally turned on such as using your own gear.

Windyplains said:
That's correct.  ACOK uses this kit's tournament system, but uses a heavily altered version of it using options not normally turned on such as using your own gear.

Not anymore it doesn't, that's the problem. It's a lot closer to vanilla tournaments now but with heavy imbalance.

This Mod is beyond epic, I'm having so much fun with it!

Every Mod should have this included. Thank you Windyplains and contributors, astounding work!

Here's hoping that someone out there knows what is going on because I have no clue.
I'm attempting to merge TPE and Tocan's Calradia (Which has Diplomacy and a few other mods included) and I'm getting the following output. There's a lot more but too much that isn't all getting displayed.
Code:
  File "process_scene_props.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "C:\download\Tocans Calradia v1_6 Source Code-3916-1-6\process_operations.py", line 14, in <module>
    from module_troops import *
  File "C:\download\Tocans Calradia v1_6 Source Code-3916-1-6\module_troops.py", line 2115
    ["tpe_presobj",                  "{!}Local Merchant","{!}Local Merchant",0,0,0, fac_commoners,

[

],def_attrib|level(5),wp(40),knows_power_strike_1, 0],
    ^
IndentationError: unexpected indent

Code:
[quote="CountBane"]
],def_attrib|level(5),wp(40),knows_power_strike_1, 0],
    ^
IndentationError: unexpected indent
[/quote]

Indentation error -> see the little arrow (^) up there, find that line on your file (module_troops.py) and fix it. You need to follow the syntax.

If you can't figure out your issue copy the 10 lines above it + 10 lines below that and post on Q&A thread (Forge)

Theoren said:
Hello and thanks for a great kit Windyplains, I've been able to get v1.5 (TPE+PBOD) working properly with just an exception of one small annoying issue.

Somehow all of the tournament npcs use the first name in the list, "Adam", with the exception of the game's Lords/Rulers, and never use any other of the available names in the list. What might be causing this?

Sorry for necroing but I spent whole weekend trying to resolve the above without success.
Please HELP

Back
Top Bottom