Tournament Item Rewards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there anything that controls how these are awarded?  Such as you get it if you knock out X people over the course of the Tourney?  Or is it just a pure random chance?

If you Cluck like a chicken everytime you take an opponent out in the arena your % increases by 1% each time to get an reward if you win.

Go lay an egg, tbj28.

It should be random. There´s a couple of threads covering it, some are pretty ancient and some rumor you have to knock out a Lord in the final battleround to get the chance for the item...

Whatever it is, it´s a rare occasion. But it´s worth it.

the one that really sucked was as a male knight... and winning Lordly Azure Plate... for a female model.  At least one of my companions got it.  But still haven't gotten something comparable for myself.

sorry coulden resist noosers!

Dulahan its total random what you get, i tent to get the ebony plate armor alot.

You can wear female armor as a male, it looks pretty goofy but hey whatever.  At least I can...

Regarding the tourney, yeah don't get your hopes up for regular town tournies giving you too many items, the chance is something like 5% or so, I've gotten maybe 3 items and I'm well past the 50 tournaments won achieve, if you really want to get a nice bonus from tournies, go visit the Noldor city, and what you won't seem to find on these boards is that on the 1st of the month(every month)to the 4th of the month, the Noldor hold tournies.  Each time you win you get a piece of armor/weapons or even a Qualis stone, it may depend on what day you go, I dunno about that part though.  These are also considerably better than regular tourney items, obviously, my second one was a lordly noldor helmet with something like 62 head defence, second was a balanced runesword, third Qualis gem, etc.  Regular tournies have given me one or two barclay armor pieces and some basic armor like a surcoat worth 2k or something, meh. 

Also, it says you gain relation each time you win the tourney, but I never actually checked to see if that raises Noldor relations, it says your relations with the city increase but the city itself doesn't actually display it's attitude towards you, I just assume that the towns' affection for you is still there but not displayed like other towns, and with that assumption comes the guess that the Noldor shop is still influenced by the relations of the city, even though you may not be able to see it. 

Anywho, I hope this helps you a bit, just remember to always have an inventory slot open when doing any tournies, missing out on some nice loot because of the games lack of an overfill window can be sad =(

dulahan said:
the one that really sucked was as a male knight...

You definetly want to edit that, especially since you´re peciular about not wearing female armor, yet the male knight got it beeing a talented one.

tycho- ´s got the proper attitude! You can wear anything you like as long as it´s sexy :wink: Though female armors and helmets on male bodies does look stupid.

Nonetheless, thank you two for making my day.

I'm not complaining too much, my female companions need awesome armor too! (just wish I'd gotten it with one of my female characters :p )

And I've not yet found the Noldor city.  No clue when or how I will.  I've gotten positive relations a couple times but never gotten a quest from Quigfen as I understood the FAQ to say.  I tend to get bored and start over (Or a new, uncompatible version was released in the most recent case).

Ah, yeah you need about +25 or +30 relations with them and he chucks you the quest, it's definitely worth it to check the city out, you get options to buy Noldor gear(refreshes like a regular shop, not like Quig), ability to recruit Noldor troops(better quality than Quig)for Qualis gems, and you can train with some lady and each time you succeed you get a proficiency raise.  Also theres a lore npc that tells you a bit about the Noldor, and also offers another option I haven't unlocked yet, as in you ask him for more info about the Noldor and he's all "yeah we're done talking I'm bored come back when we like you more" and I'm almost at +50 so I guess there IS a quest there, but no idea what it is/what it rewards, could be fun!

On top of all these options you can decide to be deliciously evil and launch a surprise assault, the surprise is that 1000 Noldor kick your ass.

Excuse me while I go whimper in a corner at the days it will take to get Noldor Relations that high.  :shock:

Hard enough with the prisoner release trick.  but Kiting like that?  *sobs*    (I have the problem that when they'll chase me, they aren't fast enough to catch anything but a Lord's army who will beat them or a Caravan which will then overload them with Prisoners so they have an even harder time catching stuff.  And getting anything to them is even harder...  I REALLY wish there were a Quest to increase relations)

I actually never once released any prisoners, I find kiting them into other armies/lords is the easiest. Even if they attack your OWN empire, you can help out the Noldor, gain relations with them (+3 or +4 every time you help them win)and lose a small amount of relation with your empire(like 5 or 10?  pretty insignificant imo)  The thing is with Noldor, is that even the smaller parties will actively seek out much bigger armies, and usually win, it's when other armies jump in that they get wiped pretty fast, a single army though?  Pfft, nah the Noldor lord npcs can't be taken by that, I've seen Jatu armies run away from Noldor haha, and for good reason!

IIRC one of the rumors is that those guys called themselves Singalians to remember that their ancestors refused to live in Singal. Nomad pride!

After many tries, I've finally gotten a noble against me in the final round... no prize.

It really does seem to be random.  I rather painstakingly took a tournament I can almost always win (Ravenstern) and kept doing it over and over again until a noble was against me in the final round.  And no luck, no item.  That said a different time I actually got one with a normal sort of troop against me (A Knightly Order type, I think), the only thing I can remember being unusual in that tourney was I'm pretty sure I knocked out 3-4 nobles personally in earlier rounds.  So it really does seem to be random as near I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom