Tournament in EU [brainstorming]

Users who are viewing this thread

Right, I will take all Teams which applied for the tournament into a list and set hereby the deadline for signups the 28th May 2020 so I can use the weekend to review this. Anyone willing to help me get this rolling, please add me on steam or make contact with me here @ TW. I just returned to work so I have a bit more on the table atm.

@azakhi @Callum

Is there any small chance that we might get a dedicated server for this tourney?
It would surly improve the fairness and it might give some more feedback concerning the balance in competetiv play.

(Also wouldn't it be fun if the devs join with a team aswell? Only if they do find the time of course)

I like both ideas (although I am not good at all) but it is not up to me, sorry. I asked before and the answer was no.

In the absence of being able to have a server that 2 specific team can enter we could still try to make a winner stay in type test tourney if the teams involved cooperate with each other.

It isn't a great solution but if ONLY the 2 teams who are next up, queue for a match and other teams do not queue they should get in togather. But if there are non tourney 6 man teams who choose to play and a tourney team is placed in with them I guess the tourney team needs to leave and try again. Thats not going to be fun for either team that dont get the match they want :sad:

But if there are non tourney 6 man teams who choose to play and a tourney team is placed in with them I guess the tourney team needs to leave and try again. Thats not going to be fun for either team that dont get the match they want :sad:

I guess that has been the reality for all planed clan matches so far. Atleast now stacks a prioritized against each other.
It surly isn't optimal but I suppose that is the solution all clans were expecting.
Another solution could be to use the Multiplayer of the EA-Beta version, which is probably a lot less crowded.

We can't really dictate when to play for non-tourney players. Especially on the weekend.

Imagine not giving the competitive community 1 server to play despite the fact that they support your franchise for years yet you suck up to reddit users and giving them a calradic campaign server when they ask.

Good luck with the tournament guys

Imagine not giving the competitive community 1 server to play despite the fact that they support your franchise for years yet you suck up to reddit users and giving them a calradic campaign server when they ask.

Good luck with the tournament guys
That is bit unfair. That reddit event lasted for 2 hours, while the tournament itself will take at least few weeks with multiple days needed for matches.
It's not as simple as TW just giving the server for event. Someone has to admin it, because as TW said there is no proper admin panel in game yet.
On top of that missing, reddit event revealed many more problems in organizing. Main one being how password was shared. And who could tell that if TW provides servers and even admins full matches in their spare time, that it would be worth the effort and would be enjoyable for everyone involved.
Multiple matches could take hours, and that is in perfect scenario where both teams have players ready to play at arranged times (which is rarely the case for some teams). Then there are many other problems that could happen: How the password is shared? What if we get a troll in the match (would mean restarting server, banning player, bringing server back up)?

Don't get me wrong I would love to be able to organize and play in tournaments. Been doing it for years, but atm in my opinion we (nor TW most likely) don't have the resources to run proper tournaments.
Some kind of fun, testing tourney would be in order and as long as everyone is aware how it may work out, it could be fun and enjoyable experience.

PS. DoF will most likely sign up with up to 2 teams! It is nice initiative. Best of luck in hosting this tourney :smile:
If you need help you know where to find me:p

The easy solution is to create and provide an admin panel, which one modder did within one day before the ability to host servers was removed.

Of course there is a certain element of organisation and work involved, but a paltry amount ultimately, and the majority of the work is willingly offered to be done by the community.

Teamname:
a9Is8Un.png
Ullrs-Bane
a9Is8Un.png

Contact persons: Zebaad Peritz, Baldwin Agardth and Luc Peritz
Roster (with Steam links) (max 12 players):

Back
Top Bottom