Tournament in EU [brainstorming]

Users who are viewing this thread

The only thing you can seriously host is a duel tournament. Good luck to anyone hosting a tournament in Skirmish matchmaking, you can't host a serious tournament.
No one was talking about a super serious tournament, that was perfectly balanced, which we all know isnt possible in the current state of the game. For example nation cups, people still hosted them and they were fun little community events. So idk why you are so opposed to that tournament now, obviously it would be better if they wait till we get more balance updates, since AVRC said they actually started working on mp balance. Servers would be nice aswell, but it will still take most likely a very long time till we get them.

If someone more "worthy" than me wants to take this into their competent hands, I'm more than willing to hand it all over. So far nobody had the idea and I thought I'll light the torch before nobody does.

Last edited:
If someone more "worthy" than me wants to take this into their competent hands, I'm more than willing to hand it all over. So far nobody had the idea and I thought I'll light the torch before nobody does.
first come first serve! The more competition for tournament hosts the better the tournaments will be thats exactly what kern wants anyways.

Its better aswell to have multiple people so they cant influence brackets too much etc.

Dear developers. Sorry for bad english. If you will be dedicating a server, please also make it possible to watch competitive games on behalf of the viewer - I would like to try to stream as a commentator and I'm sure other youtuber too.

for sure if teams are happy that they will play random map and faction and not get a chance for a reversed factions then it will be fine.
I didn't have a totally competitive tournament in mind when I started thinking about this. It's just for having a good time so far because of the already mentioned issues. One of the reasons I thought of Best of Five Skirmishes to eliminate RNG as much as we can humanely.

first come first serve! The more competition for tournament hosts the better the tournaments will be thats exactly what kern wants anyways.

Its better aswell to have multiple people so they cant influence brackets too much etc.
Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm the best person to do it but certainly I have my fair share of experience in playing in tournaments etc, I was also ref already for stuff like this. It's not that I'm a bloody noob, but nobody so far was up for the idea.

I didn't have a totally competitive tournament in mind when I started thinking about this. It's just for having a good time so far because of the already mentioned issues. One of the reasons I thought of Best of Five Skirmishes to eliminate RNG as much as we can humanely.
That would work, would most teams be up for 5 matches in a row though?

One thing we did in a different beta was a 'winner stays on' tourney. It only works with a limited no of teams ofc basically 2 teams play and whoever wins plays the next team in line and the loser goes to the end of the queue.

Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm the best person to do it but certainly I have my fair share of experience in playing in tournaments etc, I was also ref already for stuff like this. It's not that I'm a bloody noob, but nobody so far was up for the idea.
ye, without being able to set maps and factions a serious tourney is out of the window. Doing it this way there are a lot of issues that will crop up which are obvious to people who have dealt with them before. Pretty sure you would get a lot help from experienced admins though.

One thing we did in a different beta was a 'winner stays on' tourney. It only works with a limited no of teams ofc basically 2 teams play and whoever wins plays the next team in line and the loser goes to the end of the queue.

This would probably work better, more like a Gauntlet that teams can run. If a team gets fed up playing because they are constantly winning then they can cede it. 1 scrim happening at a time means that adminstrators can rotate a bit more freely.

The main problem with running a tourney now, and why experienced admins have not yet started one, is that factions can be very imbalanced and atm we don't have a way of ensuring that teams can play a faction swap.

Afaik there will be no way of ensuring that any 2 teams enter the same match, no way of setting the map and no way of setting the factions.
Agreed.

This would probably work better, more like a Gauntlet that teams can run. If a team gets fed up playing because they are constantly winning then they can cede it. 1 scrim happening at a time means that adminstrators can rotate a bit more freely.
Had a simmilar idea a month or so ago, the tournament would basically only need a single server to run smoothly but as far as we know skirmish cant be hosted outside of matchmaking. I figured we'd have passworded Skirmish servers by now ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom