Tournament in EU [brainstorming]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if my name is still familiar with you guys, but I have been part of the community for ~10 years. It’s fun to see that with the Bannerlord release and the lockdown due to Coronavirus that so many people come back to this franchise.
I want to use the momentum the (fading) lockdown creates and want to get rolling the first European Bannerlord Tournament. For that I want to gather teams and staff members who can help me administer the tournament. I’m an active player in the game, officer and one of three clan leader of my clan so I have other responsibilities as well and sadly cannot dedicate all the necessary attention to this tournament myself and I am in need of help. If you just read this and thought: “well this is a job for me to do!” then go ahead and fill out the form for staff and I will get into contact with you. If more people are helping – from different teams, communities etc. – this tournament will also draw more attention.

The current idea would be either Best of Three or Best of Five in case we will not get servers by TW for the tournament. I would like to let this be decided by the signed-up teams. The other stuff – the tournament bracket etc – will have to be designed by the numbers of teams joining.
Depending on the team number I thought of one group phase + knockout with a looser bracket to get as many matches and as much possible playtime and fun for everyone involved.

Preliminary Rules
1. No use of the map glitches. We will provide a list of known glitches.
2. Be polite and friendly all the time! We do not tolerate unfriendly behaviour in this tournament. Be respectful always and do not insult your opponents or other players/teams in the tournament.
3. Each team must submit a roster with exact player names + steam profile. You may not change player’s profile-names during the tournament. The roster limit is 12 players.
4. Substitutions are allowed, maximum of two per substitution day (each Sunday). Removed players must be linked with steam profile while added players must as well be linked with steam profile. Substitution deadline is each Sunday 23.00 UTC and each substitution must be sanctioned by the tournament administration.
4a. A player nominated by any team may not be part of another team. If this is the case, the substitution will be rejected.
4b. A player substituted may be added again into the roster of his former team.
5. Players must be online to participate in the tournament, invisible is disallowed.
6. In case we get private servers for this tournament, the old system of spawn switch will be used. In case this is not possible we will play Best of Three skirmishes, the third one acting as a tie breaker.
7. The winner of a matchup is determined by the amount of won skirmishes. If there is a tie, won rounds will be used as tie breaker. If there is still a tie, the amount of gold left in the last round of each spawn/single skirmish is the next tie breaker.
8. Sunday 19.00 UTC shall act as def date. Matchups may appoint any time in their consent to play the match. If no common ground can be found to appoint a match, the Def Date shall apply. The party which is not able to play on the def date will automatically be declared the loser. If both parties cannot play, a second def date may be assigned by the tournament administration. The same rules apply for the second def date. If both parties cannot play on the second def date, the match will be nullified.
9. To claim a match screenshots for each skirmish with time stamp must be presented to the tournament administration. In addition, each team is required to stream the match.
10. If a team breaks a rule in a match, please take screenshots to prove it, so we can act!
11. The tournament administration is the final authority.
12. To adress multiclanning: each player can only be in one team at a time. If multiclanning is detected, the case will be judged individually. The player will be suspended regardless, if only temporary. If a player is listed in a roster, then substituted and then is added into another roster, the substitution will be granted on the third substitution day after the deadline.

Teamname:
Contact persons:
Roster (with Steam links) (max 12 players):

Nickname TW/Steam
References in Warband (if you have any)
Clan membership (if you are member of a clan)
Steam:

Disclaimer:
This is just a concept so far, I'm very open to feedback. What I have in mind right now is to have class restrictions and the game mode (best of three, best of five skirmishes) to be decided by the teams.

Tournament staff (so far):
Aeronwen
TheBard
Reaper_Dares
Ikea Knight

Sincerely,
TheBard

Last edited:
Isnt it this sunday? might wanna add a short abstract with the most important infos

Probably better to wait with tourneys till TW fixes the combat and balance to some extent.

Isnt it this sunday? might wanna add a short abstract with the most important infos
It's still a concept and not set to begin in the next days. In short it's a draft for a Skirmish based tournament, not really much else to abbreviate there.
I'd happily pass this along to see if we can get a server to host this event, though there's also the idea to launch it via the BBH discord and coordinate 6-stack-queues.

The main problem with running a tourney now, and why experienced admins have not yet started one, is that factions can be very imbalanced and atm we don't have a way of ensuring that teams can play a faction swap.

Afaik there will be no way of ensuring that any 2 teams enter the same match, no way of setting the map and no way of setting the factions.

The main problem with running a tourney now, and why experienced admins have not yet started one, is that factions can be very imbalanced and atm we don't have a way of ensuring that teams can play a faction swap.

Afaik there will be no way of ensuring that any 2 teams enter the same match, no way of setting the map and no way of setting the factions.
You're right. That's why I doubt anyone would take this tourney too seriously so why don't we have some fun at least

Huge amount of RNG with unbalanced factions right now, but I suppose nothing wrong with having something for fun. I'd like to see at least a BO5 though. Also please no class restrictions.

for sure if teams are happy that they will play random map and faction and not get a chance for a reversed factions then it will be fine.
If we were to get a server, and since there was one for a reddit event the chances are fairly decent we'd get one as well, we could arrange for the reversed factions to counter in game imbalance.
Eitherway we shouldn't wait around until proper matches are possible before we get anything going. Imo a fun event for everyone willing to participate is a good enough start to get the community engaged.

for sure if teams are happy that they will play random map and faction and not get a chance for a reversed factions then it will be fine.
well, teams have been doing scrims for a month now, so I think everyone understands the situation

Also, huge + for BO5 instead of BO3

I think that you would do best if you contacted some of the experienced tournament hosts who hosted tournaments in the past so you actually have a full grasp of what it requires. People like Scar, Deacon, Calamity etcetera have all hosted very successful tournaments in the past and some of them very likely wait for the opportunity to host Bannerlord tournament once they have the option. It is not that I discourage you from hosting it, but I think that first Bannerlord tournament should set the bar for tournaments to come after and it should be thought out properly. Taking in random, even if kind of known, people based on applications isn't the best way to do this particular thing.

I think that you would do best if you contacted some of the experienced tournament hosts who hosted tournaments in the past so you actually have a full grasp of what it requires. People like Scar, Deacon, Calamity etcetera have all hosted very successful tournaments in the past and some of them very likely wait for the opportunity to host Bannerlord tournament once they have the option. It is not that I discourage you from hosting it, but I think that first Bannerlord tournament should set the bar for tournaments to come after and it should be thought out properly. Taking in random, even if kind of known, people based on applications isn't the best way to do this particular thing.
you cant set a bar with the current infrastructure, the first one isnt the one that sets bars for the future aswell. Its a pioneer for testing.

you cant set a bar with the current infrastructure, the first one isnt the one that sets bars for the future aswell. Its a pioneer for testing.
You set a bar and you go up from there with each successful tournament... You can't really host a tournament with the current infrastructure, can you? What I am saying is, cooperate with people who have the experience so people actually have an enjoyable experience, even if it is a pioneer for testing, that's no argument against setting a bar, the bar can go up anytime.

You set a bar and you go up from there with each successful tournament... You can't really host a tournament with the current infrastructure, can you? What I am saying is, cooperate with people who have the experience so people actually have an enjoyable experience, even if it is a pioneer for testing, that's no argument against setting a bar, the bar can go up anytime.
with this mindset you will never start anything, the showmatch and the NA tourney proves that you can host some sort of tournament at the moment

with this mindset you will never start anything, the showmatch and the NA tourney proves that you can host some sort of tournament at the moment

The only thing you can seriously host is a duel tournament. Good luck to anyone hosting a tournament in Skirmish matchmaking, you can't host a serious tournament.

Back
Top Bottom