Tournament fighting does not level fighting skills, why? - Poll Yes or No

Do you want to level fighting skills in tournament?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Simple question, why? It was possible to raise skills during tournament in previous games and it makes sense.

Considering you will fight a potential considerable amount of tournaments (i am up to 34 wins currently), why dont you earn even a single point in fighting skill? My character is spending more time fighting in those tournaments than actually fighting looters and other bandits...

You also do not level athletic or horse riding.

Since it is a sandbox game, you should be able to define yourself your play style. Be a merchant, you will level trading and it works here. Be a warlord and fight battle, you will level. Be a gladiator and a tournament fighter, you wont level anything at all.

So what do you all think of this?

-----

edit : seems some mod is doing this

but

Yeah a mod that crashes your game because it also increases the experience of other companions that you haven't recruited.

Not sure it is related to this mod, just be cautious then :wink:

-----

Related thread in the Suggestion sub-forum :

Last edited:
Arena combat should give a cap to that (something like max 40) while tournament should be like battle since tournament can't be played 100 times without time passing.
In warband you had a penalty to XP but proficiency gain was the same of battle.

after all, they used Tounaments and hunting as training for war...so yeah, please bring the XP gain back.
I am waiting to see if that mod's author will update it to avoid non-combat XP, like leadership, when he will, I will surely use that mod.

Maybe give XP in tournaments but if you lose the tournament you also lose some or all health, to make it less spammable (unless you're good :wink: )

Maybe give XP in tournaments but if you lose the tournament you also lose some or all health, to make it less spammable (unless you're good :wink: )

The tournament is not that spammable anyway, training arena is on the contrary.
But i agree with you it makes sense if health status would be kept round after round (but this is another topic).

I voted no because the vote implied either full xp or no xp (I think?).
I can understand why there's no xp from tournaments, you're not "risking" anyhing, and thus no experience is awarded, and I agree wih this. But maybe we could have a tiny amount of xp? Like 10% of what we normally get or something like that?

It's painfully obvious that proficiency should increase during tournament fighting. Possibly not as much as in "real" combat, but there should be sommething

Oh, to add to my initial op post, i forgot to mention that after fighting close to 60-70 tournaments, around 40 wins, my one handed skill is only at 9, same for athletic (made a social oriented character at start)...
Because i just leveled those in battles, and if you are not trying to solo looters you wont level anything much because your troops are also killing your training targets...

edit : typos

you got mod out for this allredy

Yeah a mod that crashes your game because it also increases the experience of other companions that you haven't recruited.

Why would they disable it for tournaments? Leveling is already painfully slow and all the fighting you do in tournaments gains you nothing? Terrible decision.

Back
Top Bottom