SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

Users who are viewing this thread

xavire94

Recruit
As many others i think tournaments didnt needed a nerf, in fact they deserved a buff. I know you can cheese the AI to win tournaments easy, but that is an AI problem, not a tournament balance issue. So, try to improve AI to make tournaments harder instead of nerfing them to the point there is no reason to participate. Please think about this suggestions to increase tournament viability:

-Increase renown gain to at least 5. It doesn't make sense that killing a bunch of looters gives you an equal ammount of renown as winning a tournament and just have to compare the effort required to do both things. In one hand, the click of a button (simulation), less than a minute of your time gives you 3 renown. On the other hand, winning a tournament where you fight against the finnest men on the realm, you can lose, and it will cost between 10-20 minutes to do a tournament, not to mention finding one.

-Increase maximum bets to 500. 300 wasn't great to begin with, 150 it's a joke.

-Increase the ammount of % you gain from betting. I think it's needed to do a fair comparison with warband at this point: In WB you could get 10x times your investment in your first round, while you get less and less the more you win rounds. I think it should function in a similar way in Bannerlord, with a few numbers tweaks. So, with that in mind a good ammount will be 4x times 1st round, 2x times 2nd round, 50% increase the 3rd and 25% the final round.
Now, let's do quick math, shall we? Betting 500 per round will give you (2000+1000+250+125) 3375 gold, minus 2000 from your bets that is 1375 gold won in this tournament for bets. 1375 is not a crazy ammount, it's frankly not a lot of money if you think about it, a single trade trip gives you more than that in less time and with lesser risks (you could lose 2000 in tournament).

-Better equipment rewards and culture based: I recently won a tournament in a Batannian town, they give me a crappy sarranid helmet worth 200 gold, why? First of all, this item was crap, like i can buy a much better helmet for 500 gold. Second and most important, why they give a sarranid helmet in a battanian town? It doesn't make any sense. Make tournament rewards culture dependent, so: Falxes, Long bows and Batannian armor for battania; Horse chargers, Knight lances for Vlandia, etc.

So, my thinking is not making tournaments as overpowered as they were in warband, but to give them some utility as right now there is no reason to participate in them.

LeyJo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think tournaments are fine as they are, only that the reward should indeed be cultural.

They are a very good way to start out as they let you earn some gold, train your fighting skills in a safe environment and lets you gather some good starting equipment

I think tournaments are fine as they are, only that the reward should indeed be cultural.

They are a very good way to start out as they let you earn some gold, train your fighting skills in a safe environment and lets you gather some good starting equipment
They are not usefull and that is because there are much better ways to do those things that you mention.
If you want XP, go to the practice fights: They're easier, unlimited attempts and overall more fighting wich means more XP.
For money, just trade: No risks, more money, no reason to not trade at this point.
Equipment wise: Before you could get good equipment, but now you can get crappy items.
Renown: Just kill bandits, it's instant, no loses, just boring.

I agree.

They are not usefull and that is because there are much better ways to do those things that you mention.
If you want XP, go to the practice fights: They're easier, unlimited attempts and overall more fighting wich means more XP.
For money, just trade: No risks, more money, no reason to not trade at this point.
Equipment wise: Before you could get good equipment, but now you can get crappy items.

They are very useful because they are the jack of all trades of what you listed up there.
There is zero reason for tornaments to be the best in any of those points as long as they are working as they do now.

I mean tournaments are free money and free items.

First you let npcs kill each other till you have a 1v1 and then you keep walking around the opponent while swinging at his back. Even if you deal 1 damage he will die eventually and he cant hit you.

The reward is riculous.
you can bet 600 , and you gain 680 , with a NET GAIN of 80. not 680

tournament are a waste of time as of 1.0.7
Exactly, you gain 80 in that time if you were trading you will make easily 1000 denars for trading just grain.

I mean tournaments are free money and free items.

First you let npcs kill each other till you have a 1v1 and then you keep walking around the opponent while swinging at his back. Even if you deal 1 damage he will die eventually and he cant hit you.
They're not free, they require more time and effort that most things in the game, and the reward is so crap it really is a waste of time.

They're not free, they require more time and effort that most things in the game, and the reward is so crap it really is a waste of time.

I disagree. The named items are already a good enough reward. They are usually better than whatever else you can find. Money is just a nice bonus. And you get it in safety of city walls. It's comparable to the tavern board game money making.

If you ONLY place a bet in the last round, you bet 150 for a net gain of 150 :grin: :grin: :grin:...

x896kYg.png
Very balanced. To those that say tournaments are fine as they are, check them out with new patch 1.0.7
You will see things like that,
I disagree. The named items are already a good enough reward. They are usually better than whatever else you can find. Money is just a nice bonus. And you get it in safety of city walls. It's comparable to the tavern board game money making.
Before you get good items but now it could be anything, a crappy sarranid helmet which is literraly clothing worth 200 gold is what i've got from a tournameent in battania
They are pretty useless atm.

I know you can cheese the AI to win tournaments easy, but that is an AI problem, not a tournament balance issue. So, try to improve AI to make tournaments harder instead of nerfing them to the point there is no reason to participate.

Thats a problem with practice fights. They should not give XP.

Thats a problem with practice fights. They should not give XP.

They SHOULD give XP, the only issue is unlimited attemps due to your lost health not being saved, as long as that gets saved player will have to wait instead of farming it non stop.

What is the point of "Practice" if your character ain't going to get better...

What is the point of "Practice" if your character ain't going to get better...
+1 That's the hole reason of a practice fight, i agree on lost health should be saved to a certain point (maybe 10% max health, which is not enough to fight again inmediately)

Back
Top Bottom