SP - General Tournament & Arena Crowdpleasers

Users who are viewing this thread

So, i play a wandering merchant, going from town to town, bringing the joys of capitalism to the masses, and joining tourneys whenever my purse-tearing equipment and betting capacity allows it, honestly : it's FUN, at first !
Tourneys feels very good when you start the game, your equipment is paper-thin, couple of hits and you die, it's nice to win against heavy armored dudes, but as time went on,i became a litteral arrow sponge, even in realistic difficulty, thanks to tank-like armor and experience, no way i can loose one now, except if my partners are really suicidal.

So now the only challenging thing i can do is the arena survival where my stuff is a flimsy shirt and boxer shorts, but even then, give a bow to my archer and it's a piece of cake.

Glad-pic-29-YouTube-696x720.jpg

Here's my suggestion : could you guys make the arena less about killing the next couple of guys, and more about pleasing the crowd? Like an invisible multiplier that gets triggered along with your most spectacular actions in the arena?
Actions such as, as an exemple :

- Voluntarily dropping your shield before a 1v1 to prove you are better than the opponent, even with a handicap
- Cheering to the crowd after a kill?
- 1-shoting the enemy horse while being on foot
- Arrow headshot from the entire arena length
- Throwing main weapon into the opponent's face then going at it with your fists before he can recover his footing?
- Winning against overwhelming odds
Each of these actions would triggers crowd cheers and the multiplier...

I'm sure everyone reading must have a number of sick moves he pulled off in the arena that warranted a little more than betting gains and the agreed reward item, and a lot of crowd pleasing ideas of their own, after all, bread and games where for the people back in the day, not only for the gladiators to pick up yet another T4 helmet :grin:
Hell, players could become actual crowd favourites, we can imagine running gladiator ecuries, selling fans banners and doing tours, right?

So, i play a wandering merchant, going from town to town, bringing the joys of capitalism to the masses, and joining tourneys whenever my purse-tearing equipment and betting capacity allows it, honestly : it's FUN, at first !
Tourneys feels very good when you start the game, your equipment is paper-thin, couple of hits and you die, it's nice to win against heavy armored dudes, but as time went on,i became a litteral arrow sponge, even in realistic difficulty, thanks to tank-like armor and experience, no way i can loose one now, except if my partners are really suicidal.

So now the only challenging thing i can do is the arena survival where my stuff is a flimsy shirt and boxer shorts, but even then, give a bow to my archer and it's a piece of cake.

Glad-pic-29-YouTube-696x720.jpg

Here's my suggestion : could you guys make the arena less about killing the next couple of guys, and more about pleasing the crowd? Like an invisible multiplier that gets triggered along with your most spectacular actions in the arena?
Actions such as, as an exemple :

- Voluntarily dropping your shield before a 1v1 to prove you are better than the opponent, even with a handicap
- Cheering to the crowd after a kill?
- 1-shoting the enemy horse while being on foot
- Arrow headshot from the entire arena length
- Throwing main weapon into the opponent's face then going at it with your fists before he can recover his footing?
- Winning against overwhelming odds
Each of these actions would triggers crowd cheers and the multiplier...

I'm sure everyone reading must have a number of sick moves he pulled off in the arena that warranted a little more than betting gains and the agreed reward item, and a lot of crowd pleasing ideas of their own, after all, bread and games where for the people back in the day, not only for the gladiators to pick up yet another T4 helmet :grin:
Hell, players could become actual crowd favourites, we can imagine running gladiator ecuries, selling fans banners and doing tours, right?

I like these ideas a lot, I'd like to just add that we need better rewards. I think tournaments should have unique rewards, high-power equipment/mounts and unique, named weapons. I don't need more helmets! Let me earn that crazy-powerful "Dawncleaver" sword of whatever nonsense, that's the jam.

Back
Top Bottom