Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Kharille said:
I really like Phantasy Calradia.  Wonder whether 'magic' effects, area effects (fire bombs, explosives?) could be expanded upon.  Since it’s a new game engine maybe theres more room for star wars battlefront 2 style grenades and maybe more siege weapons.  Or Vehicles.  How about a swimming mechanic?  Or a wall climbing mechanic?

Swimming in Warband requires flying technology, as underwater swimming in Warband is really a special case of flying.
  I have a simple working flight in Phantasy Calradia 2017 now, so whether they add swimming/flying as a simple capability or it needs kludging as before, I'm ready.  I'll do a Bannerlord port if I ever get a developer's kit; until its in my hands its sort of talk.

I'd still like to see more than 16 skins in game, so I can have lots of different skeletons  for rigging (snakes, insects, fish, dragons that aren't horses, etc)

I'd like to not have to burn a second skin if I want to expand a skin by some fixed magnification; right now Warband can have a giant be defined as a human with a high magnification of the base skin, but to get that you have to declare a second skin.  I would need a third skin to declare a "child" with a less than 1.0 magnification.  I'd rather have a range of values instead of declaring each step a new "skin type".

I expect Phantasy 2017 will have more utility spells shortly, which can carry across to Bannerlord.  Mainly when you wrote this, Phantasy 2017 had just finished its second week, and by now has 2 more months of rapid development.  I expect it will have something that can be shown by November 2017, as evidence of non-vaporware.  If nothing else I'll have it streamed to prove it exists.  Guspav codes really slow; at the moment I'm leaving his magic as it was and just replacing the rest of the mod's code to bring it to "modern" features (Diplomacy, formations, crafting, deeper economy,  correct prejudice between races,  meaningful alignment changes to honor system, etc).  Guspav will continue to add to the mod as well, but I can't force him to write quickly, so I'll probably match him 12:1 so long as I can drop out of a day job and work full time on this.  Otherwise eventually I have to slow down and do something that pays instead.

I'm concerned Bannerlord needs new graphics, complete rewrite of every line of Warband code, and likely different organization of code driving a mod.  On the plus side, a mod no longer has to tinker with every last aspect of Bannerlord native -- total conversion made more sense in Warband because it was all or nothing, 1 mod only could run; now there are layered mods (good luck debugging user reports with that).  Perhaps the huge linking and integration of so many OSPs that each mod had with Warband is made easier for Bannerlord.  it sounds neat at first but I think it makes for headaches down the road, after some 3rd party mod I didn't even ask for gets added into the chain of linked mods just before me and suddenly my mod "breaks".

Total Conversion are the crown jewels of the M&B modding community. Floris served as a TCM that lumped the best of the regular mods into one TCM, it would be great to see it again but with a menu that allows you to turn off or on participating mods as well as show you what the mod contributes to the Floris experience.

I truly believe Bannerlord holds grand potential on the future multiplayer mod scene, game genres that exist and are popular now could be altered in a corresponding way. There could also be the possibility of new unforeseen genres to arise. Of course, it's way too early to describe the way it delivers and how active the modding community becomes. 

That being said and on topic, I first played Warband in 2012 and my favorite mods are as it follows:

Persistent World : Nexus, Oasis, Phoenix and Bohemia Event servers...  all of them really enjoyed, even some of the miscellaneous servers and mods that came from it. Battle Royales with siege equipment or a castle building system like an RTS.
2D Example could look this:

Mercenaries  : I liked the progression on this and how it was done.

Full Invasion: Zulu

Mount & Musket : Obvious, who knows what  it could come to. (Napoleon Wars/ North & South / War of 1812 etc.)

March of Rome, VikingR: Even Native organized line battles were a lot fun.

GIIQs5L.gif
Thoughts? 

The Anglo Spaniard said:
the 1257ad mod. a better engine would make a mod like that run a million times better

Signed. One thing 1257ad (and 1200 too) didn´t have  was a nice map with lots of forests. Europe will look beautiful with the new engine.

Maybe something like the Aztec empire and surroundings before the Spanish came? Would be somewhat interesting and feel kinda alien but I think there isn't much information to build on.

Edit: Also a 30 years war mod

What Warband lacked most, in my opinion, was better control of "state affairs" (diplomacy, logistics, fief management, politics...) so a mod that introduces CK2-like mechanics and a european map would be very welcome. Might even seriously learn C# to try and make it.

I'm not sure it could be done, but maybe a persistent world mod with elements from survival games like DayZ (not zombies) but bandits and smaller parties with full loot drop. I would love for something like that, even if it was only single-player.

I'd love to see an ancient middle-eastern setting, like Babylon, Assyria, Egypt, etc.

The primitive hunter-gatherer thing also seems like it needs to be revisited with all of the newer program's capabilities.

Mainly, I'd be interested in building up a culture from the ground up, taking a tribe of nomads, establishing a camp, and gradually creating a civilization.  "Custom Settlements" for original M&B had the right basic idea, but had several serious flaws and was never completed.

I was also intrigued by one original M&B "historical" sub-mod for 1257AD: "Middle Europe", which revolved around Russia, Poland, Bohemia, Hungary, and the Holy Roman Empire (Austria).  The map was ginormous (or bigger), and my biggest problem with the mod was that it was sometimes impossible to find my faction's wandering war leader in that vast expense when called to war: such as last sighted near Prague, but somewhere off in the depths of Russia by the time I get to Prague.  If they'd have just stayed put for 3 days while the lords were assembling, it would have been awesome.

Honved said:
I'd love to see an ancient middle-eastern setting, like Babylon, Assyria, Egypt, etc.

The primitive hunter-gatherer thing also seems like it needs to be revisited with all of the newer program's capabilities.

Mainly, I'd be interested in building up a culture from the ground up, taking a tribe of nomads, establishing a camp, and gradually creating a civilization.  "Custom Settlements" for original M&B had the right basic idea, but had several serious flaws and was never completed.

I was also intrigued by one original M&B "historical" sub-mod for 1257AD: "Middle Europe", which revolved around Russia, Poland, Bohemia, Hungary, and the Holy Roman Empire (Austria).  The map was ginormous (or bigger), and my biggest problem with the mod was that it was sometimes impossible to find my faction's wandering war leader in that vast expense when called to war: such as last sighted near Prague, but somewhere off in the depths of Russia by the time I get to Prague.  If they'd have just stayed put for 3 days while the lords were assembling, it would have been awesome.
We just do the Middle East when we can also do the Mediterranean as well? That would also include the Hittites, Greeks, Etruscans, Gauls and other Celts, and Early Balkan Peoples, We can expand outward from their over time to include peoples like the Nubians, Germanicans, and Scythians.

Plus ancient China/India

Yaver said:
Honved said:

We just do the Middle East when we can also do the Mediterranean as well? That would also include the Hittites, Greeks, Etruscans, Gauls and other Celts, and Early Balkan Peoples, We can expand outward from their over time to include peoples like the Nubians, Germanicans, and Scythians.

leovi said:
Plus ancient China/India

Yaver said:
Honved said:

It really could go to that length, but I say baby steps first, start with the Mediterranean area and work our way out from there with updates one civilization at a time. It could essentially be Bannerlord's equivalent of 1200/1257 for Warband.

Yes, start with a smaller area, and work up from there.  Question is: start date?  I'd opt for about 500BC or earlier in the Middle East, although 200BC might be more interesting if you're looking further to the west (Greece, Macedonia, Persia, Republican Rome, Carthage).

Back
Top Bottom