Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
DanAngleland said:
But that would be at least 100 towns and 500 villages, wouldn't it?

modder is free to set his own rules about world design. You can create the entire world and put one town for small country (capital), plus a few villages and one fort or two (a example), and add 50 countries in the world. Or go crazy and have 500 towns. Just don't let Native rules define or limit your own vision.

I suppose so. But most historical mods that I've seen for Warband tend to go the other way and have lots of towns for each faction, to the extent that the map size affects performance quite significantly for some players.

Varrak said:
DanAngleland said:
But that would be...

There are already 12th mod for Warband, so no need to guess possibilities since it already does exist. I just want to Bannerlord version of that.

The 12th century isn't the issue, it's the full Asia-Europe thing that is the issue- but if you've played such a thing in Warband and were satisfied, then that's fine.

DanAngleland said:
The 12th century isn't the issue....

I am not talking about a mod in 12th century, i am talking about mod's itself. There is a mod called 12th in Warband, which i want to see in Bannerlord. "12th" is a name of the mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/12th1

Yabloko said:
A Pike&Shot mod. Sayazn, Fire&Sword and Deluge covered that theme in Warband, but because the AI is rather incompetent with long pointy weapons it feels a little sluggish. Hopefully in Bannerlord we can get real, functioning pike squares and macedonian phalanxes.

A with fire and sword mod (single player) but with the armour and weapons of the deluge mod.
Also i wouldn't mind a mod based a little earlier in the late 1500s with Stefan Batory as king and Ivan the terrible as tsar.

Am I the only one who hopes for a Brytenwalda remake...that only has Ireland and Britain? Or even better, a version with just Ireland and a version with just Britain, then a full version.
Obviously we need a GOT/Asoiaf mod
And hopefully this time we can get the ball rolling on a good LOTR mod.

Light and darkness!! It's the best mod I have aver played by far, the broken English just makes it better.

I had a hard time coming back to regular M&B mods after I spent a loooong time with that one, such amazing mechanics the devs came up with.

I sincerely hope the devs consider making the sequel for bannerlord.

As for ideas for actual brand new mods, it's hard to imagine anything that'd actually not have been done before to be honest

I personally would love to see a Viking Conquest expansion for Bannerlord. This time, the engine won't be **** and it will allow a lot of changes that will make the expansion shine.

Multiplayer wise, Persistent world and Mercenaries for me.

Hopefully we get the quintessential Roman/Antiquitious mod we never got in Bannerlord. I would prefer late republic but empire era is good too. Want is for the mod to be a staple for that time period like what Gekokujo, 1257AD and Totsok/L'aigle did for their respective time periods.

Oh and an Old Republic era Star Wars mod.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Funny that, no major Roman SP mods for Warband, or even generally sword and sandal mods. The modding community is not all it's cracked up to be.

It's still one of the biggest modding communities I've seen. In Nexus, the number of mods for the original are up there with the Elder Scrolls and the Fallout series, and Taleworlds says Bannerlord will be even more moddable. What we lacked in the original and Warband we may very well see in Bannerlord as the M&B series catches the attention of more people and more modders.

I would like to see a Post-Western Roman Empire Mod.  It would cover Western Europe and North Africa a few years-decades after the Western Roman Empire collapsed.  Would have various Germanic Tribes (Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, Burgundians, Langobards Etc.) as well as some native Briton/Celtic/Italian/Spanish/Gallic.  The Eastern Map would just touch some of the major Eastern Roman Territories in Greece so the Eastern Empire (Byzantines) would still have a presence and could 'Reconquer' the old empire.  You could work to expand one of the Germanic Tribes now ruling, help the Eastern Empire take over, reform the Western Empire yourself, or help a local tribe/culture assert themselves for the first time since the Romans took over. If there is an invasion mechanic, could even have Islamic Expansion come into North Africa after a certain point.

RoboSenshi said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Funny that, no major Roman SP mods for Warband, or even generally sword and sandal mods.
I always found that odd as well.

It's a mammoth task if you want to have appropriate looking villages and towns for each faction and even just for the Romans. Then there's all the scripting for legion recruitment, ideally a different shield animation for the scutum, lots of things- while a few modders have the will and ability to do these, finding the huge amount of time and/or organisation of a lot of helpers to make all the different scenes as well is bound to be a rare combination.

Hegemony lumbered on for a few years but it was mainly a one man job with, if I remember rightly, some modelling and texture contributions, and it was never completely finished (though I think there were some playable versions for M&B). About seven years back an old time modder named RR_Raptor65 started Ghost Soldiers with some great looking models, correctly held scutum, but nothing more came of that (he did say from the very start that he wasn't sure if he'd stick with it, he'd been away from modding the game for a long time before that). I don't know of any 'finished' Roman mods that have done anything more adventurous than a map of Europe and reskins of native factions (I remember one like this), though there have been a few simple multiplayer mods.

Kazzan said:
RoboSenshi said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Funny that, no major Roman SP mods for Warband, or even generally sword and sandal mods.
I always found that odd as well.

Bellum Imperii
Romae Bellum
Rome at War
Those and the series of Roman MP mods were pretty sad, afaik. Especially the MP ones, always started by few teens that ended up imploding in pathetic teen drama.

DanAngleland said:
It's a mammoth task if you want to have appropriate looking villages and towns for each faction and even just for the Romans. Then there's all the scripting for legion recruitment, ideally a different shield animation for the scutum, lots of things- while a few modders have the will and ability to do these, finding the huge amount of time and/or organisation of a lot of helpers to make all the different scenes as well is bound to be a rare combination.
It's as big a task as for any major mod. Plus you have some ready equipment OSPs and even city buildings. Any sensible crew could have done it in a year or so, yet no one took it on. The major work would have been scening anyway, though you could save time with duplicate scenes. (Also you don't produce a large number of scenes by crowdscening, that would end in poor quality, you find that one dedicated scener that knows his stuff.)

Back
Top Bottom