Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
Yaver said:
like the Hittites and Celtic peoples, have mastered iron working, giving stronger weapons and armor, while peoples like the Greeks and the Egyptians still use Bronze

I would visit the subforum https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,43.0.html to discuss this in more detail, as just putting iron weapons as better/superior to bronze would break any sense of historical value, it would just be a gameplay gimmick. You are better off with a simplistic version of iron weapons = big armies, bronze weapons = stronger and smaller armies, then go from there and implement features like new tech discoveries, etc to enhance the game progress. It also makes for a interesting element on trade wars and the requirements for conquering/keeping trade alliances with areas with resources (copper and tin) for the bronze factions.

Having looked up why the transition actually happened I see what you are getting at. It also further encourages bringing in outlying places like Britannia so that the value of its tin mines can weigh in on the global economy.

I'll probably have a dozen more but:

We had a really outstanding mod for the early middle ages (I hesitate to even use a term like "Dark Ages" as we now know what nonce that is), but set in Britain, for Warband. I'd like to see a decent mod for Bannerlord that was set in Europe, as a whole, including Slavic and Baltic areas, for 480 CE to, roughly, 800 CE.

That would be nice.

Auldman said:

We had a really outstanding mod for the early middle ages (I hesitate to even use a term like "Dark Ages" as we now know what nonce that is), but set in Britain, for Warband. I'd like to see a decent mod for Bannerlord that was set in Europe, as a whole, including Slavic and Baltic areas, for 480 CE to, roughly, 800 CE.

That would be nice.

That wouldn't happen to be Brytenwalda would it? The inspiration for the Viking Conquest DLC? Another poster and I were just talking about taking it and expanding the scope so you're not alone here.

Yaver said:
Auldman said:

That would be nice.

That wouldn't happen to be Brytenwalda would it? The inspiration for the Viking Conquest DLC? Another poster and I were just talking about taking it and expanding the scope so you're not alone here.

Yep. That's the mod I was thinking of.  :grin:

Am i the only one thinking it will take tons of work to do a proper mod? the graphics, scenes etc. Look so much more detailed! Just imagine the time it will take to make good looking models, scenes etc.
However i do wish to have a game of thrones mod with Bannerlords engine and graphics! Hopefully mixed with some much better vassal and diplomacy system :smile:

Though the editor video already showed some speed ups for time consuming things like adding grass in. The few scenes I made I tried to put down grass and you'd have to just spam click in an area to get a good amount, and then you'd inevitably end up with floating grass all over the place that had to be pushed down. And if you needed to adjust the terrain mesh under it, you were totally ****ed.  Already they have just painting on and auto generated grass and are able to stick objects to the ground in that video.  It might be easier to create comparable scenes now, but I guess there are more options too which could take a lot of time as well.

Do we know what language mods will be using for scripting or anything like that?

On topic, really want to se the usual suspects in there, the roman mod, the game of thrones mod, prophecy of pendor, lord of the rings, etc.

I'm really excited though for the small mods that add to the gameplay. I've in my head kicked around the idea of doing an arena mod of some sort that would involve an arena league around the world, financing a team, buying gear, paying them out, participating in different events etc.  Will have to see how tournaments work and what we can do moding but I pretty much am sure I want to look into doing something like that.

Reapy said:
Do we know what language mods will be using for scripting or anything like that?

Will the game be moddable?
Modding has always been a huge part of the Mount & Blade series. We have greatly expanded the modding possibilities in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, allowing greater freedom for modders and the potential for multiple mods to be combined together. Instead of a proprietary programming language, such as the one used in Mount & Blade: Warband, Bannerlord allows modders to work in C#, an industry-standard language that will make modding much more accessible. Beyond that, we’re making our development tools for working with our custom made engine available to everyone at release. This means no workarounds or compromises but real modding support, in earnest.

I guess I should read the FAQ once every 4 years instead of asking the same questions over and over again :wink:

Also guess I need to brush up! A few years ago I did some XNA thingys for a month but that's it. Though currently am having to learn GO for work, arg.  C# good choice though, I think unity also is going full C# now too.

my wishlist for mods are

1257 ad
Gekokujo
Gabbys Musket Era Mods (I liked 1755 and 1860 more)
and some fantasy mods with dragons and magic and ****.

Wonder if we can do an rpg mod.  Something that comes out like rogue or diablo where you clear rooms, loot.  Maybe some kind of loot pooling/division interface.  I could see players dividing into 30 man mobs running into their own dungeons.

On that note, maybe some more interactive map features.  Possibly some kind of platformer puzzles or just constant regeneration of enemies until you kill the leader.

I don't know, happy to think loudly on suggestions, maybe someone can take this further or propose an alternative.

The Anglo Spaniard said:
the 1257ad mod. a better engine would make a mod like that run a million times better
IIRC, DrThomas said he wouldn't be doing another 1257 for Bannerlord, but would most likely have a mod focusing on a smaller, regional conflict. (Presumably a medieval mod, as he didn't say otherwise.) That doesn't that someone won't be doing it, just that it may not be exactly like the last one.

Yaver said:
Horik6697 said:
Well, i would love to see a Skyrim mod, but not focused on the Dragonborn lore, and getting into the Stormcloak rebellion.  (here comes a little Skyrim spoiler)
After playing the game in both sides of the rebellion, I was expecting a huge battle between the Imperials and Stormcloaks in the siege of Whiterun.

After this [information on the spoiler above], I was just wondering how great it would be if we had a Skyrim mod that pictures the momment of the civil war in Skyrim, representing all the great cities, the Jarl's, the Forsworn, the Imperials, the Thalmor and some minor factions, giving the possibility of resolving the conflict by joining Ulfric and conquering Skyrim, the Imperials and crushing the rebellion, even the Forsworn and try to take back Skyrim to the old roots. Or maybe rebell and try to take Skyrim by yourself... And NO dragons!

You're on to something with an elder scrolls mod, but imperial vs stormcloaks, plus forsworn and maybe vampires, feels like too small a focus when there is also Bretons, Khajiit, Argonians, and all the Mer races. What I'm saying is that Skyrim is nice but a mod that envelops all of Tamriel, maybe toss in Akavir while we're at it, could be even better. (I too was dismayed by the small armies at the sieges)

Yeah dude! I think that all races should be present, but I had and idea for a Skyrim mod. What you just said could fit in a Tamriel mod, what is very nice too. While a Skyrim mod would focus on the real lore, a Tamriel mod could set a huge conflict. Just like in Warband and Bannerlord when we have a huge scenario and some kingdoms fighting each other, the Tamriel mod could set a war between Skyrim,  Morrowind, Vallenwood and etc...

Back
Top Bottom