Torchlight

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.torchlightgame.com/

Very fun action-rpg. It's an obvious Diablo clone (in fact, part of the development team is made of people who worked on said game, and Matt Uelmen composed the music) but it's very well done, haven't enjoyed a game of this genre so much since Diablo II. Also it's very moddable and there are already plenty of mods out there, from simple reskins of the characters, to new classes, dungeons, items, etc.
And no, I'm not being paid for this  :razz:, I sincerely enjoy the game (and runs like a breeze on my outdated PC)

Looks interesting. Any ideas of the cheapest price or am I going to have to go digging through Steam, G2Play et al?

Was/is $19.95 regular price on Gamer's Gate.  I can't remember seeing it discounted, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been.

If you liked D2 and are looking forward to D3 then Torchlight might appeal.  I enjoyed it, albeit briefly.  Considering the relatively low price, I don't regret getting it.

Instead of, say, doing their work/job and while they were supposed to be working on a TF2 update, last year VALVe decided to post a Steam news update showing off their Torchlight characters.

At least I think it was Torchlight.

Togakure said:
Was/is $19.95 regular price on Gamer's Gate.  I can't remember seeing it discounted, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been.

If you liked D2 and are looking forward to D3 then Torchlight might appeal.  I enjoyed it, albeit briefly.  Considering the relatively low price, I don't regret getting it.

Try Sacred as well. It was a decent game when it came out.

Gothic Knight said:
Togakure said:

Try Sacred as well. It was a decent game when it came out.

Sacred was incredibly boring, and that's coming from a huge fan of action rpgs.

Woo! Skinning is so easy it's awesome.

Here's my wench.
Torchlight2010-03-0823-51-26-87.jpg
As soon as I get a jacket and a good tricorn hat I'll make her a highwayman skin.

Funny how no one even bothered to change the Tristram theme.

Apparently a console version is being worked on.

Not my thing, and I struggle to see how it will work nearly as well as it does on PC, but might interest some of you.

Haha, the next Torchlight's gonna be an MMO last I read. :lol:

Aside from that, Torchlight right now is an awesome game.

I didn't know there were mods for it though, can anyone link me to a repository of sorts?

Tuckles said:

Aside from that, Torchlight right now is an awesome game.

I didn't know there were mods for it though, can anyone link me to a repository of sorts?

Yeah, the current Torchlight was developed to fund the MMO they're working on long-term, but they're porting it to console as well. It's not a new game, just an adaptation.

Tuckles said:
Yeah that sucks. At least they released mod tools, so that might help in keeping the game interesting for those of us that despise MMOs.

Check their forums, theres a mod section right there.

I guess Diablo II can't really be called an MMO, but if it'll be anything like that, I'll like it. I think it'd be a lot better with a Multiplayer option. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom