Torchlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Bugmanina said:
Ok, either I'm missing something, or he doesn't.

He does. They're the first two items in his inventory and they're unlimited. It's the general merchant, fat guy who sells fish and potions. Not to be confused with the woman opposite who sells maps, spells and essence. He's got a bag icon over his head.

Failing that, you usually buy the identify spell from the woman.

EDIT - If you're looking at scrolls you're at the wrong merchant. AFAIK the only scrolls the general merchant stocks is the identify and town portal scrolls. From the sound of it, you're talking to the woman opposite him.

Meh, it's too much of a grindfest to me and I like Action RPGs.
It never feels like it changes.

It makes me want to play titan quest though, but I am so tired of my character and don't want to start over.

Revilo said:
Anywhere where you can just download the game, like a demo up to a certain level then you have to enter the key to unlock the full game? I ask because the CD key on G2Play is only like £10 or something which is the cheapest I've found it.

http://www.torchlightgame.com/

There's the main site, you can download the game and I think play up to a certain level for free, just like M&B.

I got it. I definitely recommend the mod for better merchant prices, it makes it all a lot more believable. Since when have health potions sold for more than armour?

Killed Ordrak and now I'm pretty much out of motivation to keep playing. Seriously, the frigging palace was the one of most annoying thing I've seen in a while.
But it was great as long as it lasted.

Oh and if you're going to play with the destroyer, check out these:
Madman Destroyer
Destroyer Dark Armors
[only about looks, but they make it look oh so awesome]

Mandatory if you're playing with a dog IMO:
size-boosted Dog

Edit:
spelling

Since I don't like using bigger health potions than the stack I currently have need for. So I'd sell any Big Health Potions I got when I was using the Medium Health Potions. Maybe better to stash them but hey, I don't ever use that.

played on hard with the alchemist, a few hours in the game and anything and I mean ANYTHING that stands in front of me get fried by Ubber damaging laser. and no freaking monster come my way when I have two robots, a dog,two skeletons, three skeleton archers and numerous little midget creatures goes spartans on every killable thing. at that point I got bored of marching my army and pointing my laser. maybe I will try very hard with the melee guy.

halloll said:
played on hard with the alchemist, a few hours in the game and anything and I mean ANYTHING that stands in front of me get fried by Ubber damaging laser. and no freaking monster come my way when I have two robots, a dog,two skeletons, three skeleton archers and numerous little midget creatures goes spartans on every killable thing. at that point I got bored of marching my army and pointing my laser. maybe I will try very hard with the melee guy.
So true, I just have 1 golem and my pet, and yet all I need is shield spell and spam chain lighting, tabbing to Ember shock when I'm surrounded.

Are you just going along the "main" halls? Try one of the extra dungeons, they're harder :smile:
Mainly The "Through the portal" quests and the extra maps you can buy or get as a reward from the ember guy.

Edit:
yeah...

Wellenbrecher said:
Are you just going along the "main" halls? Try one of the extra dungeons, they're harder :smile:
Mainly The "Through the portal" quests and the extra maps you can buy or get as a reward from the ember guy.

Edit:
yeah...

tried above my level and still Lazer to the face and count till 3, anything infront of you die before you say 2. Alchemist is would've been  a bug hero if there was a multiplayer

Yeah I've died only because there are too many things in the screen to actually see what's happening, and didn't have time to react. Not to forget that stairs+ranged attack don't work, died several times thanks to that too. Really, I barely care about what wand I'm using, all I want is bonuses for fire damage, armor or magic attribute.

halloll said:
tried above my level and still Lazer to the face and count till 3, anything infront of you die before you say 2. Alchemist is would've been  a bug hero if there was a multiplayer
Really? Cool, now I need to play the Alchemist to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom