Top Teams of All Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Wonwokie is OP, they've been around and played at top level for too long, of course they've never got first or second, but on their way they've done an insane job and even more so recently by beating Unity.

Condemned Bas said:
Guy Fawkes said:
Charlini said:
WSC1 WNL6

Pretty much undeniable if you consider Unity Castellan AE GWB.

No offense, but Unity, Castellan and GWB are not on the same level that KURWA and F were. They did not have the same chances of winning as AE and FT had. Anyway, this subjective, no need to go further.
Unity beat KURWA
Wonwokie beat F
Unity beat Wonwokie
FT beat Unity
hello?

so? :grin:

Unity beat Kurwa
F beat Unity
Kurwa beat AE
AE beat Kurwa
AE beat F
F beat Kurwa and AE

As you can see single matches are not important in general

What Napo said is right maybe Unity at their prime  time was  close to ECS2 Kurwa AE and Freelancers level. Others cannot even compared. It is really hard to choose top 4. FT had a good opponents aswell but it cant be compared to ECS2 etc. But still they won a lot and dominated a lot and we should respect it.

I see you guys discuss about not losing a set during group stage in WNL etc. As i remember Freelancers only lost 2 rounds until the final with AE. Opponents werent that hard tho but still it is something.

Gibby Jr said:
I definitely considered adding 22nd and still might, as they actually have some medals in major tournaments and were around for a couple of years, but most of the other notable very old teams either don't have any medals or only played 1 or 2 tournaments.
That's because there were only 1 or 2 clan-tournaments per year then. :grin: That's why we were arranging custom official matches. I remeber for example RN's 18-0-0 victory run until they got beaten by 22nd in first ENL (11-9 or sth) and preserving their spot as "undefeated" for more than 2 years in Turkish community. But at the moment we have tournaments one right after another. So that may explain why those "ancient" clans don't have medals, but it's true that every top clan (or team) shed a new light on the metas and I don't think after some point (probably around 2015) not many game-changing meta adaptations happened.

The lists need to be factual and not here-say otherwise the moderators might have a problem with it, that's why all the list makers need to back up everything with evidence if they don't they will be in trouble so that's why the older teams might not be added.

people get so upset over if a team is ranked 4th best of all time or 3rd best etc seems odd :grin:

the debate over player skill levels is interesting but possibly better for another thread (list of best warband years perhaps^^ )

All you guys have to remember is the golden rules of debates like this :grin: My prime > your prime. Whenever you were most active or most hyped for/about something is usually when you consider that something to be the best. I would say back in my day A was better and you say no A is better now while im extremely active and into it  :fruity:  Then you list of reasons and we can either come to a conclusion or it gets nasty. I am hoping we avoid the nasty flaming **** that got this shut down in the first place and enjoy some cool  debates.

Gibbrah im still waiting for IG roster! I have to have my name on some list at least right <3

Have made a few position swaps.

_Osiris_ said:
Gibbrah im still waiting for IG roster! I have to have my name on some list at least right <3

I did start doing the IG one, but I was having to use ancient screenshots of 10v10 matches and look at the kill feed to work out who was playing which class, nevermind me having absolutely no idea which country those people were from. I'm probably going to have to skip over filling out IG's roster just because it's way too big for me to actually do accurately. I will try and get around to filling out the rosters for the other teams, but don't expect that to be done too soon.

What is this? You are trying to match all the teams over the entire game existance? It look pathetic if you came after 2013 or you hadn't been playing from beta/premiere. You can't match team, for example, from 2010 with team which was found in 2017. There was so many teams and players who stopped play before actually top clans achieved its rank.
If you put here clans like Wonwokie, IR, RNGD or IG why there is no REF? It was the only clan which was one-nationed (polish players only) and achieved top3 2 times in a row in first Warband tournaments. There wasn't and propably won't be clan like this one in this game. If you want to talk about "top teams of all time" there should be REF at some place. Teams like 22nd battalion or WV should be mentioned too. Gain more knowledge or don't talk about "all time of warband".

Dominique19 said:
What is this? You are trying to match all the teams over the entire game existance? It look pathetic if you came after 2013 or you hadn't been playing from beta/premiere. You can't match team, for example, from 2010 with team which was found in 2017. There was so many teams and players who stopped play before actually top clans achieved its rank.
If you put here clans like Wonwokie, IR, RNGD or IG why there is no REF? It was the only clan which was one-nationed (polish players only) and achieved top3 2 times in a row in first Warband tournaments. There wasn't and propably won't be clan like this one in this game. If you want to talk about "top teams of all time" there should be REF at some place. Teams like 22nd battalion or WV should be mentioned too. Gain more knowledge or don't talk about "all time of warband".

If we use Dyktator's data, REF got 2 bronze medals, the same as Wonwokie did. The difference is, Wonwokie played for many more years than your REF did, and actually defeated some of the best teams of all time in official matches (Freelancers) and contended with teams like IR, Unity, AE, KURWA.

Find it funny how there are people that played 2 or 3 years of competitive Warband somewhere in the period of 2010 - 2013 and think they know everything about the game. Even I've played double that with almost 6 years, 5 years of which has been Native. Read my explanation of positions on the OP if you want to understand the positions better. Primarily it's based on medals / tournaments won, but I also account for the level of competition at that time.

I respect top players from every era, and I understand that high level competition has existed throughout the game, but don't insult me about top players when I could literally beat you in every class using my toes.

pfft i once beat maximou in a duel using an xbox 360 controller!
I challange you to a toes duel gibby

Footage of me vs fietta where i use my toes to dominate him in starcraft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZbYcXSCXs

It's even harder with this list to be honest, more than the others its guided by personal preference. For example does somebody think being a top team for 1 year is more impressive than being a good team for 5 years. That in the end comes down to personal opinions, which is why I think this thread has people being very defensive.

To be honest I'd probably agree with Gibby personally, IMO being a really good team for a long time is a slightly superior achievement than being a top team for a short time. You can make arguments for either though. I feel like its a good list, one perhaps slightly more tilted towards the era Gibby played in but I think any list would have the same.

Back
Top Bottom