Top Teams of All Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Winning all the group stage games is great and all I think winning the tournament counts for a lot more. I'm just here waiting for IG roster because I will finally be on a list alongside like 100 people from IG :grin: good luck compiling those rosters ^^

I would also make a case for IR and castlebois changing places, I think wnl  success should weigh more that a 5v5 lan with participation limitations

Seems WNL6 finals is only what people remembers and not the run through the tour + BCM WSC1 and WSC2 and the teams we had to face in all those comps

33pgcrd.jpg

My personal top three would be AE, KURWA and then FT. Freelancers also excellent team obviously, but personally I feel FT was more dominant and harder to play against than Freelancers. KURWA 2nd because they were the toughest opponent I personally fought at a moment in Warband history when the competition was fierce.
Although I love the RNGD guys, I think you're putting RNGD too high. They were very good and innovative in how they approached infantry teamplay but they didn't win alot and they didn't play for that long compared to other teams on this list. I'd also put Unity higher. They've been around for a long time and have always been a strong team. Over the last few years I feel they've had legitimate chances of winning every tournament they entered, it often just didn't happen in the end. Imo they deserve more in an all time list than 7.
And then IG... It's a tough one, they were around for so long and in their prime they dominated just like the other top teams did in their respective eras. Granted the scene was still very much so developing but they pushed the scene forward alot in terms of regular scrims and internal trainings.

Nice list mate, good effort!

My nitpick is the Frontline Tactics team being at number 2 though. Having only won a couple of summer tournaments and the random bladecast one, they never actually faced off against the big teams and won a tournament - in WSC AE were knocked out in the semis and FT didn’t have to fight them. I think they came along after the competition had died down and don’t think they can be considered the second best team this game has had.

If you’d asked me before reading this list, I doubt I’d have been able to tell you who even played on the FT team. But then again that might just be because I’ve been out of it all since late 2015.

BlackTide said:
My nitpick is the Frontline Tactics team being at number 2 though. Having only won a couple of summer tournaments and the random bladecast one, they never actually faced off against the big teams and won a tournament - in WSC AE were knocked out in the semis and FT didn’t have to fight them. I think they came along after the competition had died down and don’t think they can be considered the second best team this game has had.

If you’d asked me before reading this list, I doubt I’d have been able to tell you who even played on the FT team. But then again that might just be because I’ve been out of it all since late 2015.

To say FT haven't faced strong opposition isn't true; they didn't face the same opposition as teams in 2013 - 2015, because most of the teams from that era had either disbanded or changed into something else. Also seems like a very cheap tactic to try and dismiss FT's wins as only being in "random" tournaments, as though they don't count at major tournaments in some way. A cheap tactic that I wouldn't expect from you BlackTide!

I understand that you aren't familiar with FT and the teams they've faced / beaten in the tournaments they've been in, so here's a convenient recap for you:

Castellans, defeated in Semis by FT 12 - 0

924bc8a6b2fb3b4ca8f47eca4f90ccd3.png

Unity, defeated in finals by FT 17 - 6

7064986554e7a5d0bd747021cae7d690.png

GR, defeated in Semis by FT 9 - 6

176adcd8cf232c449925e3bde282324f.png

Aequalitas, defeated in finals by FT 12 - 6

bdda9e67cdab0e3e994405409483f06d.png

Aequalitas, defeated in Semis by FT 12 - 1

0d8083c7bdd0803eebc988285a60fd54.png

KROWA, defeated in finals by FT 8 - 7

57508e0e5a21205bd225e8acf4f3d795.png

The above are just from the tournaments FT won, but FT has had impressive results in the tournaments it came 2nd in as well:

From the group stage:

ff5a4020c2a88057986dd280206811d7.png

4e16dba0615b2674f10c5e670c5c6697.png

b07282b0769d2077bb242a2ef73d5d4d.png

78e8589f0914d65d54920c8cf6039c63.png

1e972afd70c5587e1a0a72f3fbaece9c.png
e2ff5999a474f17cf768d1c3745d396a.png
104a7e341f8e818f30b061fcbd3daec9.png

I agree that the most intense and competitive period was when AE, KURWA and Freelancers were all tournament contenders, and when there was a substantial number of challenger teams (Unity, Castellan, IR, Wonwokie), but nobody should pretend that FT hasn't faced tough opposition in its time as well. Beyond that, the exact positions are a matter of opinion but there are a few swaps I plan to make later this evening when I have time.

reckon prolly ae, kurwa, freelancers, IG, FT for me

most players have let warband fall to the background, don't think latter achievements in warband make as much of as an impact as when the scene was thriving

Back
Top Bottom