Top Rangers Of Europe [CURRENT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're doing a current list, especially if it's 2019 only, you should just stick with that. "[T]rying to be courteous to players who have been good in the past thus have the potential to become really good again" is a bit absurd. That's just imagining how they'd play today, when it really might not be the case, and it's rewarding them for being inactive. Even if you're basing it on how well they've done in the past, it's still fictitious. I'm sure any player wouldn't be offended being left off the list if they haven't actually played, or being ranked lower if they haven't played as well as in previous years. And even if they are offended, it's just an opinion.

In any case, it's nice to see more lists coming out and making this board a bit more active.

jon01 said:
If you're doing a current list, especially if it's 2019 only, you should just stick with that. "[T]rying to be courteous to players who have been good in the past thus have the potential to become really good again" is a bit absurd. That's just imagining how they'd play today, when it really might not be the case, and it's rewarding them for being inactive. Even if you're basing it on how well they've done in the past, it's still fictitious. I'm sure any player wouldn't be offended being left off the list if they haven't actually played, or being ranked lower if they haven't played as well as in previous years. And even if they are offended, it's just an opinion.

In any case, it's nice to see more lists coming out and making this board a bit more active.

You are very right, however the warband competitive community is a cult mentality. If you mess with someone they like they are sort of vultures so putting older players who are inactive but still have the potential to be good on the list keeps them happy. Most of the inactive players on the list such as LeRoux, Razer, Menethil & Rayden all deserve to be there no matter the era regardless of the cult mentality. My approach to reason with that is silly, but that was just my opening statement it has now changed but I just forgot to edit it since I was busy with other stuff. Thanks for your nice comment.

yourNotAlone said:
Kiano, Pepper and OGL are overrated af
Hear_No_Evil_Monkey_Emoji_large.png

I really appreciate the courtesy and respect I still get on these lists, but I don't think I belong in the top ten in a 2019 list.
Just with a quick glance at the players listed below me I think (atleast) Anubis, Matt, Rayden, yona, Caius, Kane, Kiano, OGL & Kazupa should be above me. The players I didn't mention possibly also deserve to be above me, I just haven't seen them play alot, probably because I haven't been playing myself.

It's not necessarily because they're alot better than me, if I ever had the motivation to actively play again I would definetly try to compete for the top spot again, but simply because I only did WNL this year and even that was half-assed because I couldn't be bothered. The players I mentioned put in alot more effort and outclass me by a mile on 2019 lists. I don't doubt they'd all comfortably beat me atm.

Yeah if your making a list for the scene at the moment (probably the most valid kind of list as it's fun but impossible to properly compare players who played in different eras) then you should ignore past performance or "potential" as its immeasurable and irrelevant. So what if some people get upset.

I'll edit the list up abit lads, thanks for the support really means a lot will try make it more valid, factual and provide more stats at the bottom which are decided by all the people who have been helping me out rather than just doing it on my own at 5am haha.

Edit: I will make players who arent really active or are just playing some tournaments and not playing most of them in an honorable mention section so when and if they become active again I can add them back into the list.

Honorable mention section will be players who are not very active, changed class or played in the last year.

Habrak said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Bendetto at his prime was one of the scariest archers imo, as you say you're rating not just on 2019 tourneys but at their full potential.

Yes, he was great at his prime, but he never got back, therefore I would understand his lower rating simply because he is not known for coming back with form easily (I hope this makes sense)

I agree, I am far from my best form. But it would be where to return, the warband is dead. If necessary, I will return the form, but it seems to me that nothing will force me to return, unless if all the great players in the history of the warband return, this is the only thing that can bring me back  :smile:
I will single out 2 archers by which I see the top level (Maximou and Apollo). When I have time I back BP, and for sure this 2 guys be tier 1 archers

PS: sorry for my english, its a google translate xD

Bendetto said:
Habrak said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Bendetto at his prime was one of the scariest archers imo, as you say you're rating not just on 2019 tourneys but at their full potential.

Yes, he was great at his prime, but he never got back, therefore I would understand his lower rating simply because he is not known for coming back with form easily (I hope this makes sense)

I agree, I am far from my best form. But it would be where to return, the warband is dead. If necessary, I will return the form, but it seems to me that nothing will force me to return, unless if all the great players in the history of the warband return, this is the only thing that can bring me back  :smile:

I definitely agree with this sentiment and have been feeling the same way for quite some time, google translate or not

Maximou said:
Tbh i should be 99 in terms of melee and proficiences in 1vsX im way better than all archers over me (without any disrespect to the others).
I can also play all three classes which noone of them can at very high level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr4BDDa382M

Ego list when ? I guess you can get 100 ez on this one maxi  :fruity:

Will start working on the individual top 5's tomorrow. Anyone who has any opinions can post it here and I will take them all into consideration!  :shifty:

bb8f98750f9e61d0b635709540a4b030.png

We will not allow users to create dupes in order to post lists.

If you want to post a list, do so from your primary profile and be accountable for what you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom