Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

Fun Poll #3: Who would win in an all time best of EU versus a best of NA match?

• Europeans

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • North Americans

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling these polls will be heavily influenced by TMW members since they stalk the forums so much.

As a side note, what are people's thoughts on adding EU's that contributed heavily to the NA scene and were basically NA players in a sense?

Roberta_Baratheon said:
I have a feeling these polls will be heavily influenced by TMW members since they stalk the forums so much.

How did you not see this coming (clock is the only person on that poll that still plays this game)... the poll won't the work the way you wanted it to. You have old names up there when most of the people that will be voting now have never even heard of or played with any of these people before... I mean ... even I have never actually seen or played with Kitten before.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
lol? if you didn't want me to vote you shouldn't have steam spammed me. it's the only reason i'm here

Roberta Baratheon: and personal skill is the last of the list of requirements
Jake.: LOL
Roberta Baratheon: idk we decided he was
Jake.: that makes no sense
Jake.: why is jordan in hall of fame
Jake.: ?
Jake.: cause hes good
Jake.: hahaha
Jake.: smh
Roberta Baratheon: im on a busienss call one sec

Oodle said:

Jake.: kk
Roberta Baratheon: okay so the requirements in order are: contribution to community, character, leadership quality, achievements, then skill
Roberta Baratheon: only players in the top 5 of their class are going to get nomianted on skill alone
Jake.: ok
Roberta Baratheon: so eventually they all will be
Roberta Baratheon: just not off the bat here

The obvious first adds to any NA Hall of Fame:

Rhade, Deafening, Kitten, Calamity, Clockwise, Mad Dawg

Rhade: Huge influence all around in dueling and competitive scene. Started first of the 4 longstanding, highly competitive clans. (bks, wk, balion, tmw)
Deafening: Huge supporter of early dueling scene and the man behind streaming the NA scene
Kitten: The godfather of the NA competitive scene.
Calamity: Co-leader of the second/third of the 4 longstanding, highly competitive clans in NA scene. Major advocate and supporter of UNAC. One of the top 3 admins in the NA scene.
Clockwise: Longtime caller and founding member of one of NA's longstanding, highly competitive clans.
Mad Dawg: Founder and caller of one of NA's longstanding, highly competitive clans. Also an influential and polarizing personality when it came to rule making within the NA competitive scene.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Oodle said:

Jake.: kk
Roberta Baratheon: okay so the requirements in order are: contribution to community, character, leadership quality, achievements, then skill
Roberta Baratheon: only players in the top 5 of their class are going to get nomianted on skill alone
Jake.: ok
Roberta Baratheon: so eventually they all will be
Roberta Baratheon: just not off the bat here
k boss keep up the great work.

Why not only count votes from people who list reasons here? Otherwise it's just you spamming random people to come vote and then a meme circle jerk commences.

Also, one wK on a hall of fame poll. I realize it's once every week but it seems a little lopsided already.  :facepalm:

Tardet said:
Calamity or nothing.

Sup.

Thanks friend.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
As a side note, what are people's thoughts on adding EU's that contributed heavily to the NA scene and were basically NA players in a sense?
Such as?

I honestly couldn't name an EU player that would be added to the list short of some EU mapmaker.

Calamity said:
Also, one wK on a hall of fame poll. I realize it's once every week but it seems a little lopsided already.  :facepalm:

Okay so I only added players as I thought of them since it will be a weekly thing, and Wily was going to be on this first one but when I finished I realized I had forgot to put his name down. So yeah he will be on next one. It is supposed to be a fun way of picking people that leaves it out of my hands since half the community thinks I am an idiot with lists. This way I am in no way involved with the picking besides the 3 votes that I made.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:

Not through a poll. You literally just saw that these polls aren't going to work, you want evidence? 

The person that has contributed nearly the least to the community is winning your "contribution to community" poll... if that doesn't tell you that it's just a popularity contest when you use people in polls, then I don't know what will.

Now think... who's going to win a popularity contest on a poll on a forums that doesn't restrict the voters to actual NA people? The larger population on the forums, and what population is that? Oh right, EU... herpa derpis.

Players should be voted on their contribution to the community, overall skill and ability, leadership abilities, strength of character, and achievements.

Meaning that you can be picked for any one of those things, it is not a vote on who is the best of something; its just players you believe have helped the community or done something outstanding. I am sure if I put a lot of people on the list they would get zero votes.

It would be nice if people posted who they voted for but it is not required.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Players should be voted on their contribution to the community, overall skill and ability, leadership abilities, strength of character, and achievements.

Meaning that you can be picked for any one of those things, it is not a vote on who is the best of something; its just players you believe have helped the community or done something outstanding. I am sure if I put a lot of people on the list they would get zero votes.

It would be nice if people posted who they voted for but it is not required.

Scar said:
Calamity, Marnid, Rhade, Mad Dawg, Clockwise, Deafening.

Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom