Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

Fun Poll #3: Who would win in an all time best of EU versus a best of NA match?

• Europeans

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • North Americans

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can's face when nevino:

TwhmJts.jpg

Throw Letholdus on the inf list. If we're going by pure skill, not accomplishments, then that guy could dance with the best.

Hero maybe a little lower because sword cav (Hero struggled on open map play and not the best with a lance). If we were going by closed map effectiveness yes he'd be top 5.

Vinny ahead of Cal? Controversial. I like both players but Cal in his prime was unstoppable.

Can hit his stride recently, but doesn't quite make top 10 for me.

AngusBurger could do with a spot on the cav list. Dude was a beast.

Wily should be higher. There's a reason wK dominated open maps for so long. (not just b/c of wily)  :wink:

That's my nitpicking about the cav list. Non of these lists are perfect, and probably never will be. There are so many reasons why they won't be accurate, but hey, they're fun.

Hey thank you very much for including me! I'm not sure if I belong on this list but if Reapy isn't on that list I have no right to be. 'Warband Education' is really what got me into multiplayer, i'd gladly trade my spot on this list for a reapy spot.

edit

also many of these players were in the xVIPERS clan!

Ordyn should be higher on the duelist list, he's far more accomplished (two tourney wins, could be more) then the people you have above him.

I like how after my post I went to 25th on the list from 7th lol. Mission accomplished jimmies rustled I am back boys get ready to get ****ed.

Peasant and Harn were the most effective and consistent archers in NA of all time (were consistent and vital to Team NA on multiple occasions as well), Lagstro and Achilles are new school stars (who shined not only because of their skill but because wK is and was dominant). But then again the person making the list : Date Registered: 13-03-2015, 13:57:47 he wouldn't know anything about actually all time players.

Balion Zero said:
But then again the person making the list : Date Registered: 13-03-2015, 13:57:47 he wouldn't know anything about actually all time players.

I believe I said I am not the only person making these lists. It's hard to take your posts seriously considering you said Achilles should not even be ranked. My own experience is limited to just UNAC 1, anything beforehand I had help with.

I still think numbering is a ****ty idea for something like this. How are you going to compare players at their peaks when their peaks were years apart, in completely different metas? It's one thing to recognize players as the best of their time, but to stack up players from one era against another is unfair to everyone. How is an all-star from 2011 better or worse than an all-star from 2014? The top is the top, and if you're there that means you're better than everyone else at the time. Arbitrary rankings do these players no justice.

Balion Zero said:
I like how after my post I went to 25th on the list from 7th lol. Mission accomplished jimmies rustled I am back boys get ready to get ****ed.

Peasant and Harn were the most effective and consistent archers in NA of all time (were consistent and vital to Team NA on multiple occasions as well), Lagstro and Achilles are new school stars (who shined not only because of their skill but because wK is and was dominant). But then again the person making the list : Date Registered: 13-03-2015, 13:57:47 he wouldn't know anything about actually all time players.

As Littleguy already mentioned, the time when Harn and Peasant were at their peaks, there weren't as many good archers as today. Yea they were game changers for their respective teams at the time (thus deserve a spot on the list), but many of today's archers can certainly keep up with them as well. Also, I think you got it backwards. One of the biggest reasons wK shines is because of Lag/Achilles and one of the reasons for their dominance. Hell, I think one of the reasons wK lost to KoA in UNAC 3(?) was because Lag wasn't present for that match. 

Bubs said:
Duelists: Tito should be above Manry. Moric should be above Jim. Manry should be above Jim.

Well I did beat him in that tourney :party:

But seriously, when we both dueled every day we were roughly 50/50. I think that was before you, not sure tbh

List is poop. Should make similar like smard points maybe oltac points?  Oodle, lagstro, tito,  achilles,  can?? Roberta dont know warband yet he makes 20 lists per month  :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom