Top cavalry units for your army

Users who are viewing this thread

As more of a bow guy, I quite enjoy circling the enemy and picking them off from a distance atop my quick and trusty steed. But to get this privilege, I need my own army to stay engaged with the enemy and hold their own. Cavalry are a great way to do this, so I usually load up on horse riders for my group.

Of course, there's the question of which cavalry units are the best to have. I've tried to answer that very question in this top ten cavalry list. I tried to find a good balance of combat stats and price, although in general it's clear that more expensive troops = better (ignoring mercenaries).

What are your favorite mounted troops? Did I miss any good ones?

Vlandian knights and empire cataphracts are a backbone of my Battanian merry band of brothers 😄

I want to play Battania but everyone says their cavalry is the worst.....I thought I might try to use the Druznik (sp) for the Rus (I forget the factions name...). Anyway, is that a good option or not? I have, in the past modded my bubbas to be much better and with different equipment, mixinng the Celtic and Rus armor to make a great force but i don't want to do that again.

I want to play Battania but everyone says their cavalry is the worst.....I thought I might try to use the Druznik (sp) for the Rus (I forget the factions name...). Anyway, is that a good option or not? I have, in the past modded my bubbas to be much better and with different equipment, mixinng the Celtic and Rus armor to make a great force but i don't want to do that again.
There is no real problem using Battanian Mounted Skirmishers. Ignore their melee and you should be fine.

Anything without Khan's Guard at #1 is just not dealing with reality lol.
There is no real problem using Battanian Mounted Skirmishers. Ignore their melee and you should be fine.
They only have 1 stack of javs is the trouble. You have to heavily micro them or they'll often waste those quickly. Then they're a cav unit with only a 1 handed sword/axe and board loadout and mediocre armor. Set 1 is way better than set 2(Cav sword > bearded axe by far for a cav unit), but ultimately you still have a good chance of ending up with a unit that dies before it kills anything still.

They'd be a good unit if they had two stacks.

Back
Top Bottom