Tools for modifying this mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

skyfaller

Recruit
Windy,

I do not have a clue about programming so I do not know if this is something that would be too time consuming but I would like to ask you if it possible for you to release 'tools' for your mod? Be them stand-alone tools or in-game tools.

If there are any existing mod tools out there that do any of the below which would work to modify your mod with, kindly let me know their name and link if possible. :smile:

Wishlist of Tools: 

1- Troop Editor that allows people to edit troop names, levels, equipment, skills and changing/expanding troop trees,etc.

2- Equipment editor that allows people to change stats/price/where its made, etc.

3- Commodity editor. Same as above but for horses and trade goods.

4- Character creation editor. A tool that allows people to change the bonuses/stats granted per category of character creation (father was, your youth was.. etc) as well as add new entries.

5- NPC editor tool that allows people to change the names/age/gender (or add/remove NPCs) for companions, nobles and townspeople.

Every time i tried Morgh's python version with the source the troop editor always froze and never loaded.

Notepad ++ is also really helpful for barebones editing

In some cases you can edit the .txt files directly, but I wouldn't recommend that until you know what you're doing.

Your best bet is, as Windy said, to start with Morgh's editor.  And ignore the python editing parts until you get good with the standard .txt file editing parts.  Once you feel like a pro with that, you can do almost anything you want.  Then if you want to move on to more advanced stuff you'll have a better idea of what you need.

how you add abilities to troops? just started modding with Morgh's editor and would like to add lady knights to the players faction with some kick ass abilities to purge the land of evil doers  :twisted:

OK, in there is a folder named "Combat Enhancements". There is a file., "combat_constants.py" It contains constants for abilities. In folder "Centre Management" there is a file "hub_scripts.py". It has scripts that assign abilities etc to troops. Check it out and I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how abilities are assigned. You'll just need to copy some troop, i.e. Praven Knight and replace troop IDs and ability constants.
Note that you'll need to create troops in python files, too.
And of course compile the whole thing.

Ok found and open combat_constants.py and hub_scripts.py with notepad++

the combat_constants.py list off all the combat enhancement and abilities very useful for picking what abilities to use

hub_scripts.py covers a lot of stuff mostly troops and how they get recruited going to keep back-ups just in case I mess up
anyway found praven knights just not sure what do with it

## C7 - Praven Knight (Unique)
(call_script, "script_ce_wipe_troop_prerequisies_and_abilities", "trp_r_praven_knight"), # combat_scripts.py
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_praven_knight", slot_troop_unique_location, "p_town_6"),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight", PREREQ_UNIQUE_LOCATION, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight", PREREQ_ALLY, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight", PREREQ_AFFILIATED, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight", BONUS_INSPIRING, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight", BONUS_DISCIPLINED, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight", BONUS_FORTITUDE, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_praven_knight", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),
(troop_set_class, "trp_r_praven_knight", CLASS_CAVALRY),
# +1 tier
(call_script, "script_ce_wipe_troop_prerequisies_and_abilities", "trp_r_praven_knight_1"), # combat_scripts.py
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_praven_knight_1", slot_troop_unique_location, "p_town_6"),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight_1", PREREQ_UNIQUE_LOCATION_UPGRADE, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight_1", PREREQ_ALLY, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight_1", PREREQ_AFFILIATED, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight_1", BONUS_INSPIRING, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight_1", BONUS_DISCIPLINED, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight_1", BONUS_FORTITUDE, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_praven_knight_1", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),
(troop_set_class, "trp_r_praven_knight_1", CLASS_CAVALRY),
# +2 tier
(call_script, "script_ce_wipe_troop_prerequisies_and_abilities", "trp_r_praven_knight_2"), # combat_scripts.py
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_praven_knight_2", slot_troop_unique_location, "p_town_6"),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight_2", PREREQ_UNIQUE_LOCATION_UPGRADE, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight_2", PREREQ_ALLY, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_requirement", "trp_r_praven_knight_2", PREREQ_AFFILIATED, PREREQ_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight_2", BONUS_INSPIRING, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight_2", BONUS_DISCIPLINED, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_praven_knight_2", BONUS_FORTITUDE, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_praven_knight_2", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),
(troop_set_class, "trp_r_praven_knight_2", CLASS_CAVALRY),

think in the end it will look something like this:

## C7 - Lady Knight (Unique)
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight", BONUS_HARDY, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight", BONUS_DISCIPLINED, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight", BONUS_LOYAL, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_Lady_knight", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),
(troop_set_class, "trp_r_Lady_knight", CLASS_CAVALRY),
# +1 tier
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight_1", BONUS_HARDY, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight_1", BONUS_DISCIPLINED, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight_1", BONUS_LOYAL, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_Lady_knight_1", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),
(troop_set_class, "trp_r_Lady_knight_1", CLASS_CAVALRY),
# +2 tier
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight_2", BONUS_HARDY, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight_2", BONUS_DISCIPLINED, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(call_script, "script_ce_assign_troop_ability", "trp_r_Lady_knight_2", BONUS_LOYAL, BONUS_UNASSIGNED),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_r_Lady_knight_2", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),
(troop_set_class, "trp_r_Lady_knight_2", CLASS_CAVALRY),

^ does that look okay? if not can you tell me how to fix it?

next challenge is were to put it, found the player faction but I'm not positive if that's the right place

######################################################
#####              PLAYER FACTION              #####
######################################################
(troop_set_slot, "trp_player_tier_5_mounted", slot_troop_recruit_type, STRT_NOBLEMAN),

its kinda blank on the troops Ive seen in game so I'm wondering if it's the right place plant the lady knights

not sure how to create troops in python or compile, will Morghs editor do that for me while I work on the stats and items of lady knights?

thank you Leifdin for pointing me into the right direction now I just need I little bit more :grin:

Would you know how to go about adding an additional "gender" onto the slider for character creation? I'm looking to play as a character that uses non-standard skeletal meshes, pulled from a now-dead mod, but the usual steps for adding a third race as a character creation choice in non-WSE mods doesn't seem to apply here.

It shouldn't be any different.  A new entry into module_skins.py is needed below the current ones for male and female.  Are you referring to that pretty faces mod by corpus that PoP uses?

No, it's a race from a fantasy mod that I saved files from, but can't remember the name of. When you say module_skins.py, do you mean the module.ini text file or the skins.txt file? Because I don't see any .py files in the folders. For that matter, I've never worked with python files when doing my modifications, it's been purely Morgh's and changing lines in the .txt documents for me.

Well, it's the best time to start with it then :grin: Seriously, I strongly recommend modding .py files instead of .txt ones. It's much easier in my opinion.

It is much easier once you get past the initial setting up python to compile bit.  There's not much I can do to help point someone in the right direction for text modding, but I can generally tell you where to look for things in the source files.  It also means that when a new version of the mod comes out and its source gets released that you can just merge in your changes with the new source using WinMerge (free) or Beyond Compare (trial) instead of having to redo everything.

Since we're talking about python, could I get some help with this? I'm stuck trying to get it working, this is what build_module gives me.
python: can't open file 'process_init.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_global_variables.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process_strings.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_skills.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_music.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_animations.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_meshes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_sounds.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_skins.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_map_icons.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direct
ory
python: can't open file 'process_factions.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directo
ry
python: can't open file 'process_items.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_scenes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_troops.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_particle_sys.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dir
ectory
python: can't open file 'process_scene_props.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dire
ctory
python: can't open file 'process_tableau_materials.py': [Errno 2] No such file o
r directory
python: can't open file 'process_presentations.py': [Errno 2] No such file or di
rectory
python: can't open file 'process_party_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_parties.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_quests.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_info_pages.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_scripts.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_mission_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dir
ectory
python: can't open file 'process_game_menus.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_simple_triggers.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process_dialogs.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_global_variables_unused.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_postfx.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Access is denied.
Could Not Find C:\windows\system32\*.pyc
Could Not Find C:\windows\system32\*.py
C:\windows\system32\Process_Log.txt
Access is denied.

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .
I've followed http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?632577-Guide-How-to-set-up-the-Module-System to the end

Where is your path set to in module_info.py? (Main Source folder if you're using Silverstag's source).  Are you sure it is aimed at where you store your module files and not where I store mine?

#export_dir = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Silverstag/" I renamed the folder from Floris Workshop to Silverstag because it bugged me. Could that be messing with it?

Back
Top Bottom