[Tool] xLord - xml editor

Users who are viewing this thread

My-Project-1.png

The test version of xLord.exe is now available as a .rar file and makes use of the .NET runtime available from Microsoft.

If you don't have the runtime, you can download it using the link provided and following the image below.

Runtime.png

This is a very limited version as of now, a lot of UI stuff isn't even working yet, including hotkeys.

I have included 1.4.1 source files from Bannerlord in the .rar file, these files are currently supported/required for editing. You don't even need the game installed to create a lord overhaul with the .rar file provided. The Tools/Options window allows you to set the path to this 1.4.1 file folder, by default the path is pointed at the default installation path of Steam and Bannerlord.

Using these separate source files is actually a good idea so you can replace the files in the game without causing any import issues in the process (you can import edited source files as source files).

You should expect the possibility of crippling bugs and potentially losing all of your work because of an update. I don't recommend making mods with this tool yet because of that. However, I have printed a very simple lord overhaul using the tool and project saving seems to be working fine, so this version should be stable enough to assist with lord editing if you wish to use it that way.

Where is my project file?

xLord creates an "xLord" folder in your documents folder on your user path that stores new project files.

The xLord folder also contains the output folder for exported .xml files.

Known quirks and bugs
  • You can do anything, easily create .xml's with this tool that will not work, for example: making a character's age equal "bananas"
  • There are blank fields on minor characters, special use cases not addressed during import, editing should still work for export
  • The app exports 4 files but only 2 contain useful data, you only need lords.xml and heroes.xml, clan editing and kingdom not done
  • The app can crash silently because of very little exception handling on my part

Last edited:
Work continues on xLord.

I hit a snag which has taken some time to fix. Refactoring the code was necessary and it resulted in reworking the whole object view much sooner than expected. Now the object view can be configured much better than before. More importantly, the saving/loading system is finally underway and the project can be saved to the disk successfully.

I started working on a simple Paint file that represents the layout with any future editors I can think of, so far I have troops, companions, crafting, settlements, and dialogue listed.

Any other ideas?

Lyceria is right but I also just noticed I uploaded the wrong source files/folder.

The folder "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord - 1.4.1 files" should've contained "Modules/SandBox/ModuleData" to mimic the game's directory.

The link now contains the correct folder structure. You can also add these folders yourself.

Can I ask how did you do this? I really want a xml editor but looks like nobodys making one right now.Maybe if I see the source code of this editor I can make completed one.I'm not sure tho but I'll try to understand how to do it.

Last edited:
I can't decompile this editor I tried everything.I just need to see the code you wrote to maybe able to make a completed one.Ofc if you want to show the code. I just want a xml editor to make things eaiser.

Is decompiling ever a good option? :lol:

There's no tutorial for this and the source files aren't available. If you are competent with the tech then it shouldn't take too long to recreate my app or something similar. I took about a month or two to create this and that was my first time with WPF. It would probably be more work to dig through what I did honestly but you are welcome to ask for help either here or in a PM.

At this point, xLord is the private foundation for my own game's tool (in the future).

How. did. I. Miss. This.

Thank you!

Any way to expand this to troops/items and other xml types in the future based on the XMLSchemas provided? Would honestly make my life a billion times easier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom