[Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

A couple of days ago I started using this tool again and I don't know if you are having the same problem I am having right now.

Well, after upgrading to e1.6.2 I've been having inconsistences when exporting materials and previewing models in the tool (I'm using the 0.3.2.1 version of hunharibo because the szszss version crashes). It's very weird, there are models that have a correct preview and export and others that have a faulty one... I mean, this did not used to happen with versions prior to 1.6.2.

PEsxo.jpg

Here are two models of armour, one working well and the other faulty. These inconsistencies apply to a long list of assets.

What could this be @hunharibo ? thanks in advance.

A couple of days ago I started using this tool again and I don't know if you are having the same problem I am having right now.

Well, after upgrading to e1.6.2 I've been having inconsistences when exporting materials and previewing models in the tool (I'm using the 0.3.2.1 version of hunharibo because the szszss version crashes). It's very weird, there are models that have a correct preview and export and others that have a faulty one... I mean, this did not used to happen with versions prior to 1.6.2.

PEsxo.jpg

Here are two models of armour, one working well and the other faulty. These inconsistencies apply to a long list of assets.

What could this be @hunharibo ? thanks in advance.
I am really sorry, but the inner workings of the tool, especially the (correct) loading of assets is completely beyond my knowledge. My previous fix just circumvented a simple nullreference error to keep the tool running :sad: We desperately need the original author back! :smile:

I am really sorry, but the inner workings of the tool, especially the (correct) loading of assets is completely beyond my knowledge. My previous fix just circumvented a simple nullreference error to keep the tool running :sad: We desperately need the original author back! :smile:
Oh! nothing to be sorry about mate, thanks for the work done anyway ?(y) . Hopefully szszss would be kind enough to update this great tool as soon as he gets the chance.

Looks like its broken again for 1.7.0 @hunharibo 's fork in no longer doing the trick

Can't say as how to fix for sure ...

But buy running the code locally and putting a break in on line 96 of the AssestDependence.cs in the TpacTool.Lib project
I was able to manually skip over the "throw new ResolveFailedException<T>(this);" Once clear of that exception I was able to grab the two new
empire armors I was after and export them... however none of the rigging, materials came along for the ride. Damnit

public T GetItem(IDependenceResolver resolver) { if (Item != null && !Item.Invalid) return Item; if (resolver.Resolve(Guid, Name, out T res)) { Name = res.Name; Item = res; return res; } throw new ResolveFailedException<T>(this); }

Last edited:
Make sure you select the whole EmAssetPackages folder.
hi, i got the same problem.. i'm not trying to import from native though.. but just tweaking some mods to my liking.. the mod doesn't have AssetPackages folder.. only Assets folder.. it works in game, but i can't open the Asset folder with tpac tool all version.. even trying from 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 versions..

hi, i got the same problem.. i'm not trying to import from native though.. but just tweaking some mods to my liking.. the mod doesn't have AssetPackages folder.. only Assets folder.. it works in game, but i can't open the Asset folder with tpac tool all version.. even trying from 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 versions..
I don't think TpacTool can export tpacs of other mods, only the vanilla ones.

Back
Top Bottom