[Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

For now, TpacTool only supports viewing and exporting of models, materials, textures, skeletons1 and vertex animations2.

1. Include in the rigged model. Individual exporting is unsupported.
  2. A.k.a. morph. Include in the model.
Oh.. I gotta wait then. Thanks for your answer.

This seems to have stopped working or V 1.4.2 of bannerlord, whenever I try and open the assetpackages it just crashes the tpac program.

Read the GitHub instructions or this thread. TpacTool needs .Net Framework 4.6.2. If you download Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 that should install it for you.

I have the network framework, I even re downloaded both that and the tpac, Ive been using tpactool for a while now, but after the recent update to V 1.4.2 of bannerlord it no longer works for me.
I was literally using it hours before the bannerlord update, now tpac just crashes when I try and use it again to open the asset packages.

Last edited:
I have the network framework, I even re downloaded both that and the tpac, Ive been using tpactool for a while now, but after the recent update to V 1.4.2 of bannerlord it no longer works for me.
I was literally using it hours before the bannerlord update, now tpac just crashes when I try and use it again to open the asset packages.

Same here.

Ok. Sorry about that. I haven’t updated yet. You can roll back to a previous version of Bannerlord in the Steam beta tab, if you wish to continue working with TpacTool. Hopefully, @szszss will update her tool at some stage in the future.

PS If I’m using an older version, I load games from the desktop icon rather than Steam so it doesn’t change the version I’m using.

As TpacTool has been broken by the latest update, the best approach for Steam users to continue using it is as follows:

1. Without activating Steam, reename your ...\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder to say \Documents\Current_Mount and Blade II Bannerlord then rename your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Current_Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
2. Activate Steam, go to Bannerlord in your library, right click on it and select properties, then on the betas tab from the drop down list select e1.4.1_e1.4.1
As you renamed your local folders in 1 above Steam will install a full version of e1.4.1 without affecting them.
3. After the old version has downloaded, switch off Steam then rename the newly installed ...\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder to say \Documents\Old_Mount and Blade II Bannerlord then rename your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Old_Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Redirect TpacTool to load C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Old_Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\AssetPackages
4. Without activating Steam, reename your ...\Documents\Current_Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder back to \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord then rename your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Current_Mount & Blade II Bannerlord folder back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord

This allows you to play the current game loaded from your desktop icon and keep an old version locally for TpacTool to access AssetPackages. You will not be able to access any new armours etc., but I believe very little has changed even though the whole AssetPackages folder was updated due to the nature of TW's optimised compression.

Next time you switch on Steam reset the beta tab to the current game or it will try to overwrite your current version with the older one you downloaded for TpacTool access.

Hopefully, that approach will help until @szszss updates her wonderful tool. :smile:

PS if you have limited disk space, you could experiment with deleting other folders unlikely to be required by AssetPackages in your old archive version. I haven't tried this, but doubt TpacTool needs much more than the AssetPackages and TileSets folders. Rather than deleting other folders rename them with an x in front intially to see if TpacTool works without them. Please let us know what can be culled without affecting TpacTool.

Last edited:
Clearly, I should have been paying more attention.
oK3D-.jpg

Thanks @szszss for updating your tool's master file, hopefully you'll update the release as well so we can use it. :smile:

In the meantime, you can try this, which I believe I've built correctly from @szszss 's github master file http://www.mediafire.com/file/m04btwky92qcxvu/TpacTool.zip/file

Last edited:
I am still crashing on the 081020 version and I tried all the prior links as well. None of it seems to work for me. It sees the folder and brings it up, but as soon as I try to click on anything it just crashes. It doesn't seem to matter which tab I try to click down on. I am pulling out of the EMAssetPackages folder.

I am still crashing on the 081020 version and I tried all the prior links as well. None of it seems to work for me. It sees the folder and brings it up, but as soon as I try to click on anything it just crashes. It doesn't seem to matter which tab I try to click down on. I am pulling out of the EMAssetPackages folder.
I've only used TpacTool with AssetPackages. I'd be surprised if it worked with EMAssetPackages as these weren't available for szszss to reverse engineer when she built TpacTool.
Are you sure you have .Net Framework 4.6.2. on your pc? TpacTool depends upon it.

Back
Top Bottom