[Tool] TpacTool - An unofficial asset explorer [0.4.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

eh really? i forgot whether i got the model of the mod from the resources folder directly or from the package folder with tpac.. but some mod can be explored with tpac, such as eagle rising.. though they have the package folder..
AFAIK modders can chose to publish their EmAssetPackages folder or just their AssetPackages folder. If a modder only publishes their AssetPackages folder TPac tool can export meshes from that but not compiled textures.

AFAIK modders can chose to publish their EmAssetPackages folder or just their AssetPackages folder. If a modder only publishes their AssetPackages folder TPac tool can export meshes from that but not compiled textures.
oh i see.. oot, the modding kit is planned to be able to export assets too right? when will it's gonna be implemented? or will it ever be?

Yeah, the tool is capable of opening assets from other mods, not just native files. But it must be either AssetPackages or EmAssetPackages.
Raw Assets folder will not work. So if the mod you are trying to open assets from does not have a published AssetPackages folder then you are out of luck sadly :sad:

Hi, i want to ask.. in tool model viewer, in the info, there is a line that say "SecMat :".. what is it? where do i found it in the modding kit?
Looks like it may just mean secondary material. However, I'm puzzled by this example:
ltqGY.jpg
According to the editor's mesh inspector this stone heap only uses one material the one in the SecMat slot in TpacTool. Doesn't use the material in TpacTool's material slot. However, the SecMat used is derived from the Material - just removes its heightmap and parallax settings. _np probably means no parallax.

Looks like it may just mean secondary material. However, I'm puzzled by this example:
ltqGY.jpg
According to the editor's mesh inspector this stone heap only uses one material the one in the SecMat slot in TpacTool. Doesn't use the material in TpacTool's material slot. However, the SecMat used is derived from the Material - just removes its heightmap and parallax settings. _np probably means no parallax.
hmmm.. ok.. when i explore other mods, sometimes they only have SecMat but empty on Material slot.. and when i try to copy the asset and recreate it on my tinkered mods, sometimes it's messy..

Would it be possible to implement features like renaming meshes? Right now the editor tool does not have that function and it is a real hassle to do.
No, that is not realistically feasible. It is not something you should be doing. What is your use case? Data consistency and integrity plays a large part of modding and there have to be controls in place to ensure that. Creating meshes should only ever be done by importing via the modding kit itself.

No, that is not realistically feasible. It is not something you should be doing. What is your use case? Data consistency and integrity plays a large part of modding and there have to be controls in place to ensure that. Creating meshes should only ever be done by importing via the modding kit itself.
Two mods using the same mesh name..... and a mod replacing a vanilla mesh that I want to keep to use for a new item. It's just personal uses.

Anyways, I have found a jury-rigged solution that works for me.

Back
Top Bottom