[SaveEditor] WarBender - savegame editor [released/1.0.4]

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright i know this thread's been quiet for a few months but I tried all night to get this to recognize the module.ini , I tried both versions, steam and moddb, and for whatever reason it will not read the file properly for the AWOIAF mod. I'm trying to see if there is a way to alter the save file to allow me to recruit both the giants and direwolf since they have separate racial requirements Any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you check if it's specific to AWOIAF mod, or does it happen with any mod ?
It's working great for me on native and PoP.

Does this work with Warsword Conquest? And is one of the features of this editor allowing you to manually select which lords go which faction?

That one is a new bug, haven't seen it before. Can you share the save?

Also, for bug reports, it's best to file them directly on GitHub. That way I have a TODO list I can easily follow. :smile:

Which module is the savegame from? And are you using the correct module.ini for it?

FWIW, I can repro the error if I try to load that save using module.ini from Native. However, I could load it by making a copy of that .ini file, and changing dont_load_regular_troop_inventories = 1 to 0, and then using that. This particular setting determines whether the (non-hero) troop inventories are a part of the savegame, or are always reloaded from module data, so it affects how the savegame is loaded - and, unfortunately, that flag isn't reflected in the save file itself, so module.ini must match.

yes im using module.ini from native and if i change dont_load_regular_troop_inventories = 1 to 0 to original module.ini(not copying one) and edit the save game from the redux does it mean is working ? or will cause some error ?

I haven't really tested it beyond observing that the save loads correctly, and the data isn't garbage. That said, the app verifies itself when you open the save by "saving" it again to temporary storage, and comparing the result to what it loaded from disk - if even a single byte changes, it'll warn you that the save might be corrupted by editing. So, if you aren't seeing that warning, it should be fine.

Rather than editing module.ini from Native, I would recommend just using module.ini from Redux. Note that if you leave the change you've made, you won't be able to load any saves from Native in the game!

decided to change dont_load_regular_troop_inventories = 1 to 0 from native and use module from there and it works like charm!, well i don't play native anymore so if my load game from native didn't work it's fine by me

currently just changing faction relation and now im seeing what's this warbender can really change to my savegame.
anyway thanks for the quick response dude, really appreciate it!

btw, does this warbender can edit amount of item ? like edit amount of bread or change sword thrust and damage ?

These are two different things.

Sword trust and damage is not a part of your save - it's a part of the module definition. As such, it's out of scope for a savegame editor. But, you should be able to edit item_kinds1.txt for the module directly, and observe the changes next time you load your game. Or, better yet, get the source for the module system for your module, make the necessary changes there, and rebuild the module.

Inventory is a bunch of slots, basically; and each of those slots can be empty, or contain some item. So e.g. adding bread would mean that some previously empty inventory slot is set to contain bread instead. And yes, you can totally do that - look at Troops -> Player in the tree (or whatever other character you want to edit, e.g. your companions). In the property grid, it'll be under "inventory" - "equpped_items" is the stuff you're wearing, and "inventory_items" is everything else. Pick any empty slot - it'll have item_kind_id=-1 - and change it to point to whatever item kind you want there. In a similar vein, you can set hit_points (which for food is the remaining amount), and add modifiers like masterwork to weapons and armor, or spirited to horses.

Sword trust and damage is not a part of your save - it's a part of the module definition. As such, it's out of scope for a savegame editor. But, you should be able to edit item_kinds1.txt for the module directly, and observe the changes next time you load your game. Or, better yet, get the source for the module system for your module, make the necessary changes there, and rebuild the module.
well that's i can use with morgh's editor to change any items or make troops, but when i want to change damage )ex: bow) later while im already have savegame, i can't use it until i start a new game to order that to work, kinda annoying but it's fine then.

Alright ill do that, im kinda confused yesterday can't find slots for bread on items in warbender instead i find how to change bonus morale booster for food.

There are no slots for bread; just slots. Each slot can contain any item. First, find some slot that is empty:

l0SyqIl.png

Then, open the drop-down for item_kind_id, and find e.g. Bread there (the drop-down has a search field at the bottom to do it quicker). And set hit_points to the quantity that you want:

jZO91bp.png

Hello i recently bought MnB warband and tried to edit some of my saves, but after editing many saves i ended up getting this failure:

it's in portuguese but i don't think any info would be "lost in the translation" since the code itself remains in english.
(i'm running Nova Aetas and basically just use the editor to change item modifiers and change the stats of my character and companions)

Hello, thank so much for this tool.

I have a question. I am playing NativeSP (Native Simple Plus) mode and I have bug in my save.
It doesn't matter how many soldiers I have, bandits are attacking me. Always. For example 4 bandits follow my 100 party everywhere and trying to attack me. I have 100/100 soldiers able to go into battle, no one else is around (only my party and party of 4 bandits).

I looked into the .sav file and found that "bandit_attraction" in my party is set on 0.99 while other parties have it at 0.
I tried to change it, but every time I did it rewrote to 0.99 after I continued playing with this file.

Do you or anyone know, why is this happening? Is there another "parent" which can rewrite numbers?

P.S. this mode doesn't have this problem from the beggining.

Thank you.

Does this problem appear after using the SaveEditor or just so in that mod? If latter, did you use any cheats? They could have caused the problem too (influencing some triggers which affect the bandits).
It happened before I used SaveEditor. I was trying to "fix it" with SaveEditor.
I didn't used any cheats.

Maybe it's mod bug, but why it happened after 180 days of normal playing? It's weird...

I would guess that it's a mod bug, getting triggered either by a specific day or skill level of yours. Check the mod page for comments reporting about a similar problem and/or ask the mod author if he has encountered this problem already.

Back
Top Bottom