[Tool] Localization Parser

Users who are viewing this thread

This tool allows to extract every hardcoded localization string (e.g. `{=TauRjAud}{NAME} of the {FACTION}`) from the game's libraries or from a module's libraries to a .csv file.

Link to the GitHub repository.

Using as a dotnet Tool
Installation
1. Install the latest .NET 5.0 Runtime.
2. Run `dotnet tool install --global Bannerlord.LocalizationParser` to install the tool.

Usage
To run, use `bllocparser --game-folder "H:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" --output LocalizationStrings.csv`.
You can also just run the executable without arguments to run it in interactive mode!

Using as a Standalone Executable
Installation
1. Download the latest release.
2. If a non `self-contained` executable is downloaded, install the latest .NET 5.0 Runtime.
3. Extract the file somewhere.

Usage
To run, use `Bannerlord.LocalizationParser.exe --game-folder "H:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" --output LocalizationStrings.csv`.
You can also just run the executable without arguments to run it in interactive mode!

Output
It will output a .csv file with the following format:
Assembly​
Text​
TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll{=TauRjAud}{NAME} of the {FACTION}
TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll{=vvCwVo7i}{DAMAGE} {DAMAGE_TYPE}
TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll{=0M6ApEr2}Surely you know that {FIRST_NAME} is {RELATIONSHIP} as well as my liege, and will always be able to count on my loyalty.

Examples
The tool has two run modes - you either pass to the too a path to a valid installation of M&B2: Bannerlord, where it extracts every vanilla game string, or you pass a path to a directory that contains some .dll's, all of them will be parsed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom