SP - General Too many messages

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Extreme amount of uninteresting messages flood us during the campaign. Births, deaths, marriages, whatever. 99% of these messages are completely useless for the player. I think we should get only these messages:
-Any king dies
-Name of the new king, probably 1-2 hours later. These messages are rather for the immersion, but they are rare, so it can be interesting to know.
-Our settlements are under siege or someone started looting our villages.
-Our faction started to siege a settlement. It's unimportant when they loot villages.
-Building finished.
-Births, pregnancies and deaths, tournament winnings in our clan
-Changes related to selected entries in the encyclopedia: clans, cities, persons. In detail:
A trader could find it important if a selected city is under siege, because of the possible profits after the siege.
When we select possible spouses, it is important if he/she marries someone else. Or dies.

Btw thanks for removing the skill gain messages from the feed.

What do you think fellow players? Are you interested in this many messages?

Last edited:
Spam is spam. Someone important needs to sit down and gameplan a hierarchy of importance for world events and then add nice and varied audio and a new level of detailed messaging presented in interesting ways. Like a pleasant medieval horn for something major yet festive, a forboding sound for incoming War (only works if Wars are treated as serious things not flippant daily decisuions) etc etc

The text is only "meaningless" because there is little to no gameplay behind it.

I would still prefer they keep it though, it gives a semblance of life in Calradia and at this point I'll take anything I can get.

I don't understand how they could improve the mood. These aren't flavor texts at all. The spam flood makes me ignore all of such messages including interesting ones.

Back
Top Bottom