"Too complicated" to make

Users who are viewing this thread

It's been over a year since TW isn't even providing the basic features that the game should have just because it's too complex to create.

There is no politics, no diplomacy, no internal affairs.
Personalities and interactions between characters exist as much as a rat's tail, and yesterday I was plagued by cowards or brainless soldiers who did not try to climb the siege tower.

After all, using a siege hammer makes no sense. This is because the last man shouted "You shall not pass!" and got stuck in the cracks of the rock and hindered the victory.

Anyway, it's a magic word.

"It's too complicated."

With that alone, TW isn't implementing all sorts of features that should be present in the game.

If so, shouldn't the existing function work properly?

We've already paid, and TW doesn't care what the people who have already paid it are saying. They are shouting "too complicated" hoping they will be able to sell more games on the console.

Since I rely on Google Translator, there may be errors in sentences and words.

yes it's not too complicated for them, it's just too complicated for consoles
Oh please don't break my heart by writing things like that...

I was depressed enough thinking that there were primarily organizational failures behind the game's dysfunction... don't get me thinking that mechanical limitations are a major factor.

Oh please don't break my heart by writing things like that...

I was depressed enough thinking that there were primarily organizational failures behind the game's dysfunction... don't get me thinking that mechanical limitations are a major factor.
There isn't, it's all bad calls from the upper management, the devs themselves are more than capable enough to implement indepth features but they can't without authorization and they also lack a strict project guideline from start to finish, they are developing as the management seem fit, scraping and adding content on their whim instead of having a clear project from the start with everything the game would contain.

we've been talking with the devs here about the development of the game for more than a year now, many took our suggestions serious and even agreed with some and took them to their internal discussions only for the management to shut them down again and again to the point Mexxico said something on the lines of "look guys i could code that in a week but they will reject anything too complex, i can only do small tweaks here and there."

He even talked about them wanting to dumb down ai calculations to improve consoles performance and a few months ago he also said they wanted him to move on to work on the consoles port while he was discussing with the community how to improve the snowballing problem.

Remember that kickass castle-building feature that was shown in the dev blogs and later scrapped? his design aswell that was shutdown and replaced when it started getting too complicated for the ai to handle (aka they didn't wanted to "waste time" improving the campaign AI and reverted to a system even simpler than warband's one)

Last edited:
There isn't, it's all bad calls from the upper management, the devs themselves are more than capable enough to implement indepth features but they can't without authorization and they also lack a strict project guideline from start to finish, they are developing as the management seem fit, scraping and adding content on their whim instead of having a clear project from the start with everything the game would contain.

we've been talking with the devs here about the development of the game for more than a year now, many took our suggestions serious and even agreed with some and took them to their internal discussions only for the management to shut them down again and again to the point Mexxico said something on the lines of "look guys i could code that in a week but they will reject anything too complex, i can only do small tweaks here and there."

He even talked about them wanting to dumb down ai calculations to improve consoles performance and a few months ago he also said they wanted him to move on to work on the consoles port while he was discussing with the community how to improve the snowballing problem.

Remember that kickass castle-building feature that was shown in the dev blogs and later scrapped? his design aswell that was shutdown and replaced when it started getting too complicated for the ai to handle (aka they didn't wanted to "waste time" improving the campaign AI and reverted to a system even simpler than warband's one)
This is frustrating for me.

TW wants to make more and more casual and shallow games, which means that many of the features we've been promoted in advance, the ones we've been making purchases, won't come back.

In fact, TW has already received many suggestions and requests, but rarely responds.

In rare cases of response, the words "not a priority", "too complicated", and "not pleasant to the player" are repeatedly printed like a broken printer.

Remember Bannerlord's early mounted archer AI?
At that time, the mounted archer did not charge the enemy directly, but went round and round and shooting.
There's no movement like that now, and I think this means simplifying AI.

Anyway, you can't get money from someone who's already paid.
It's a reasonable business in the short term.
But in the long run, it's the same as CDPR.

I pre-purchased Cyberpunk 2077 and was disappointed like everyone else.
Of course, there are people who claim Bannerlord is worth it. As some argue that Cyberpunk 2077 is interesting enough.
In my book, the problem is that the advertised element does not exist.

CDPR has obviously made a fortune, and Bannerlord has.
The difference is that CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 is a full release and Bannerlord is Early Access, so there is a slight grace period.
However, if TW does not act on period, it is meaningless.
Eventually, even if CDPR's products come out in the future, people won't buy them. TW can be treated the same way.

Even if they release DLCs, including Nordic invasions or naval battles, to selectively sell "too complicated elements" that fall into the game, I wouldn't buy.

Once again, the sentence may be a little awkward because I am using a translator. I am rechecking but my English ability is not reliable.

I remember the economic system of 1.0.
I miss it so much.

Of course, 1.0 was fraught with errors in the bug, but the economic system reacted violently to what I was doing.
So I was able to immediately notice the impact of my actions and was excited to think that I was interacting with the world.
Even in Warband, when caravans and villagers were attacked, it had an economic impact on my city or village.

I was delighted to see that this was more in full swing. Even though I thought it would be more meaningful to wipe out bandits, Bannerlord's bandits now seem to appear endlessly in certain places to maintain a certain number.

One of the expectations for Bannerlord was the recruitment system.

I liked the idea that the lord no longer receives troops in the air like Warband, but competes with players by conscripting himself from the village.

The lord now shows up with 60 troops from nowhere like Warband, and at least in Warband, it took longer to gather and grow troops.

The recruitment system is much different from what I expected.

The number of troops provided by the recruiting officer is very small, but I expected a country with a lot of undestroyed villages to have a stronger power as a kind of Manpower concept was implemented.

As a result, I wanted to feel strongly that the player's looting behavior had an impact on the world and interacted with it.

The developers would have judged that this was related to the snowball problem.

The snowball problem is essentially caused by the lack of a proper diplomatic system in Bannerlord.

Because the concept of manpower can unilaterally make a large country stronger, wars must have Warpoint and justification systems, thereby limiting the benefits of a single war.

Also, in Warband, when a country grows unilaterally, neighboring countries attack it and reject peace agreements. It was also a system in vanilla.

This simply prevented the snowball problem.
Of course, detailed adjustments will be needed, but TW does not seem to have inherited past lessons or experiences.

I remember the economic system of 1.0.
I miss it so much.

Of course, 1.0 was fraught with errors in the bug, but the economic system reacted violently to what I was doing.
So I was able to immediately notice the impact of my actions and was excited to think that I was interacting with the world.
Even in Warband, when caravans and villagers were attacked, it had an economic impact on my city or village.

I was delighted to see that this was more in full swing. Even though I thought it would be more meaningful to wipe out bandits, Bannerlord's bandits now seem to appear endlessly in certain places to maintain a certain number.

One of the expectations for Bannerlord was the recruitment system.

I liked the idea that the lord no longer receives troops in the air like Warband, but competes with players by conscripting himself from the village.

The lord now shows up with 60 troops from nowhere like Warband, and at least in Warband, it took longer to gather and grow troops.

The recruitment system is much different from what I expected.

The number of troops provided by the recruiting officer is very small, but I expected a country with a lot of undestroyed villages to have a stronger power as a kind of Manpower concept was implemented.

As a result, I wanted to feel strongly that the player's looting behavior had an impact on the world and interacted with it.

The developers would have judged that this was related to the snowball problem.

The snowball problem is essentially caused by the lack of a proper diplomatic system in Bannerlord.

Because the concept of manpower can unilaterally make a large country stronger, wars must have Warpoint and justification systems, thereby limiting the benefits of a single war.

Also, in Warband, when a country grows unilaterally, neighboring countries attack it and reject peace agreements. It was also a system in vanilla.

This simply prevented the snowball problem.
Of course, detailed adjustments will be needed, but TW does not seem to have inherited past lessons or experiences.
yup, no amount of tweaking will satisfactorily solve snowballing when it's mainly caused by lack of diplomacy and any manpower system.

Bannerlord's diplomacy can be described precisely as: enemy weak we attack, enemy strong we sue for peace, that's it for real, no casus belli, no strategy, no personal agendas nothing, only blind expansion or defense.

Same with the lack of manpower feature, fiefs are just generating recruits out of thin air instead of tying it to population that would make a war-wreaked kingdom know they can't muster many troops for a time until they recover their population from a grindy/disastrous war and need to keep on the defensive.

Banditry also spawns out of thin air with no connection to security or loyalty levels, it's the same barebones system of warband where it's linked to player level (wtf) so if you are weak bandits are weak, if you are strong bandits are strong and if you cheat to max level bandits get out of control lmao

there was an old mod now tha unfortunately got abandoned that implemented a manpower feature and it was brilliant, thankfully for diplomacy we have the spiritual successor of warband's diplomacy in active development that has alliances, non-aggresion pacts, war-exhaustion etc and their next update will even add proper civil wars, really can't wait for it (once again we are relying on mods for basic core features)

There is no way to interact with minor faction.

They exist only to be hired as mercenaries, and the various background settings introduced in the development blog become meaningless.
I thought it was inspired by mod like the Prophesy of Pender.
In Prophesy of Pender, I raised my friendship with the minor faction and enjoyed fighting with them.

Before Bannerlord came out as Early Access, I was dreaming of a future where I could interact with minor faction.
Overall - there are fewer ways to interact with the world and the game is mechanical.

RPG can be divided into two main components: RP and G.
TW is currently focusing on G and this is a regular part of items, combat calculations, formulas, etc.

However, without RP, RPG is not established. RP elements are inefficient, sometimes unnecessary and disturbing.
But with RP, we interact with the world in the game and feel immersed.

A suspicious man attacked me in a bar in Warband to kill me.
This is a "hostile" factor for the player, but it appears when I have a bad relationship with the lord who owns the city.
It's an interesting concept, such as when you kill someone in Skyrim, his family or friend sends an assassin or shows up for revenge with a knife himself.

Bannerlord lacks many RP elements. G alone can never establish a game.

yes it's not too complicated for them, it's just too complicated for consoles
In past with the exception of the lack of mouse console games were the same. They had complex games like Romance of three Kingdoms and even RTS like Dune 2 and Red Albert. Now just "Ooooga boooga" two buttons mashing.

In past with the exception of the lack of mouse console games were the same. They had compex games like Romance of three Kingdoms and even RTS like Dune 2 and Red Albert. Now just "Ooooga boooga" two buttons mashing.
yes i have no idea what these games are but I assume they weren't designed to occupy fornite kids for a few hours which BL was

I find it comical that this game is releasing on console and PC on the same day, and yet people can't draw the correlation between simplified features and a console release. It's quite lucid that the market demographic TW is looking at is not interested in deeper features. If they were, they'd be making them, but they are not. When a siege battle is lasting 5-8 minutes, there's 0 diplomacy, no camp menu, no management of villages or towns except another menu tab, that is not strategy, this is mash up arcade little Jimmy x-box fun. This is the game we are getting, and no amount of polite cries will change this. This game sucks, the DEVS who like better depth know it, it's so funny. Short of some miracle knockout features in Quarter 4 2021, I will be moving on from this game and this company.

I find it comical that this game is releasing on console and PC on the same day, and yet people can't draw the correlation between simplified features and a console release. It's quite lucid that the market demographic TW is looking at is not interested in deeper features. If they were, they'd be making them, but they are not. When a siege battle is lasting 5-8 minutes, there's 0 diplomacy, no camp menu, no management of villages or towns except another menu tab, that is not strategy, this is mash up arcade little Jimmy x-box fun. This is the game we are getting, and no amount of polite cries will change this. This game sucks, the DEVS who like better depth know it, it's so funny. Short of some miracle knockout features in Quarter 4 2021, I will be moving on from this game and this company.
hear hear

I mean... consoles can have some great games - The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Read Dead Redemption 2, Assassins Creed series, etc.

However they are not strategy games... because the strategy genre is not well suited for console play. I don't really understand why TW is pushing for console release with a genre that is best enjoyed on PC. Even from an economical perspective, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to port the game to console and the sacrifices made to game design.

yes i have no idea what these games are but I assume they weren't designed to occupy fornite kids for a few hours which BL was
Hahaa they're old people games, the latter two of which lend themselves better to mouse and keyboard than console.

This would be a really ****ty console game.
Fact. BL is comparable to Morrowind, minus all the things people liked about Morrowind.

I mean... consoles can have some great games - The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Read Dead Redemption 2, Assassins Creed series, etc.

However they are not strategy games... because the strategy genre is not well suited for console play. I don't really understand why TW is pushing for console release with a genre that is best enjoyed on PC. Even from an economical perspective, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to port the game to console and the sacrifices made to game design.
Just turn the combat commands into a radial wheel and it's basically done. Never played Playstation, but don't they have a set of pointless directional keys you could use for block/attack direction too?

Also money. Hella hella money. A successful console port would mean hundreds of millions of dollars minimum. It also takes a lot less money and time and effort to s*** out a console port than actually finish making a satisfying immersive RPG.

+1

Wanna know what the most saddening thing for me is about the sorry state of the game right now - it's constantly hearing community members come up with great ideas about features and solutions to help TWs remedy the ever increasing void of emptiness eating into the game, only to instantly realise that at such a low point in development none of those ideas will likely see the light of day. Speaking outside of the modding community of course.

True, and the fix would be rather simple. Just put in a "Threat" system. If X realm has taken X fiefs in the span of the last X months or has X% more cities and castles than its neighbors, then the neighbors should form an alliance to bring it down.

True, and the fix would be rather simple. Just put in a "Threat" system. If X realm has taken X fiefs in the span of the last X months or has X% more cities and castles than its neighbors, then the neighbors should form an alliance to bring it down.
Another feature from warband that seems too complicated and scary now.

This feature was one of the main reasons we didn't had snowballing problems in warband unless the player was involved to shift the balance of power, no AI kingdom could stand fighting 3-4 others at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom