"Too Complex" and "Soon"

Currently viewing this thread:

These words are enshrined in the halls of Taleworlds. Many a times have we heard these words being used to disregard any criticism of the game or holding off on any worthy news. For example: "As such, we decided that we would discuss some of the future plans for the game in a follow-up post in the near future". This was posted on April 2nd.....

Our Taleworld overlords no longer give us any info on the forums. @Callum has disappeared almost entirely from the Forums only to post about new patch notes and with the loss of NewMexxico it can only get worse, and with the rumor of Taleworlds making a sci-fi game this leaves me to believe that this game will be in EA until the end of 2022.

Yep, instead of making new features we get a radial command menu for little jimmy and his x-box,(the new bar pc one is worse than the prior) and an inability to control troops after the enemy routes. I am more concerned about how TWs will make the game worse in this EA, not excitement over new features.

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
That's why I m stuck in 1.5.8, at least I have all the mods I want and I'm enjoying it. I beg they don't add more new "stuff" like that.

They removed the level penalty to skill learning.
They removed automatic ransoming of enemies.
Sometime it's not what you put in but what you take out that's most important.
Now they just gotta take out the extra lag :razz:

vonbalt

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&B
(the new bar pc one is worse than the prior)
that's being generous, they completely ****ed up positioning and facing direction of troops changing something not a single soul complained about, the fix they released later still didn't solved the problem they created themselves messing with one of the things that worked great before..

that's being generous, they completely ****ed up positioning and facing direction of troops changing something not a single soul complained about, the fix they released later still didn't solved the problem they created themselves messing with one of the things that worked great before..
Was there any statement actually explaining the reasoning for this. It's very confusing to think that they poured time and resources to not only regress the UI, but then double down when the community criticized and instead of reverting, simply made it messier.

And here we still have bots unable to climb ladders...

vonbalt

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&B
Was there any statement actually explaining the reasoning for this. It's very confusing to think that they poured time and resources to not only regress the UI, but then double down when the community criticized and instead of reverting, simply made it messier.

none that i saw, people gave a lot of feedback on the change and how it really messed things, i believe it was Terco that even made an indepth analysis of the command bars, compared to warband ones and made very good suggestions on how to improve it but as always it fell into deaf ears.

Then we got the "fix" that didn't fixed anything only added some unneeded shortcuts to the first command menu and vague promises that the team is looking into it never to talk about it again.

Maybe they were waiting for the "storm" to calm down and people get used to the new command structure but it isn't a matter of getting used to it, the changes are just terrible and they can't seem to accept that.

Last edited:

Any praising this game right now has no concept of the progression or regression of his EA.

Apocal

Master Knight
Because the bar menu didn't work well with gamepads. MRay (the UI dev) said so in the patch notes when it was released.

Edit:
Here
The order UI has been changed and now has radial buttons. This is implemented mostly for gamepad usability since previously, that UI implementation was unusable with gamepads. Because of this, some orders had to be moved. F1 and F2 orders are unaffected but F3-F7 orders are now under a list, F3 (like F1 and F2). We're open to feedback about this change. So let us know what you think!

Last edited:
They removed the level penalty to skill learning.
They removed automatic ransoming of enemies.
Sometime it's not what you put in but what you take out that's most important.
Now they just gotta take out the extra lag :razz:

I cant mod but I believe I could mod that. And those were the highlights of the last patch.

Dextrus

Sergeant
These words are enshrined in the halls of Taleworlds. Many a times have we heard these words being used to disregard any criticism of the game or holding off on any worthy news. For example: "As such, we decided that we would discuss some of the future plans for the game in a follow-up post in the near future". This was posted on April 2nd.....

Our Taleworld overlords no longer give us any info on the forums. @Callum has disappeared almost entirely from the Forums only to post about new patch notes and with the loss of NewMexxico it can only get worse, and with the rumor of Taleworlds making a sci-fi game this leaves me to believe that this game will be in EA until the end of 2022.
Welcome to the state of MP developemnt since 8 months.

You have the MPs' community deepest condolences. Hopefully they release all the server files and code soon in order for modders to finish and fix the game.

danEN

Banned
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
none that i saw, people gave a lot of feedback on the change and how it really messed things, i believe it was Terco that even made an indepth analysis of the command bars, compared to warband ones and made very good suggestions on how to improve it but as always it fell into deaf ears.

Then we got the "fix" that didn't fixed anything only added some unneeded shortcuts to the first command menu and vague promises that the team is looking into it never to talk about it again.

Maybe they were waiting for the "storm" to calm down and people get used to the new command structure but it isn't a matter of getting used to it, the changes are just terrible and they can't seem to accept that.
I feel bad for Terco, he's done so many indepth posts on things most people wouldn't even think of and it seems TW's just outright ignore most of them

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
I may have been more persistent than others, but not more valuable than others regarding feedbacking. I know that not all "ideas" are valid, but Taleworlds will certainly never can say that the Community, despite criticism, has never been devoted.

wUzu0.jpg

Just a shadow...

CaptainLee

Sergeant Knight
I may have been more persistent than others, but not more valuable than others regarding feedbacking. I know that not all "ideas" are valid, but Taleworlds will certainly never can say that the Community, despite criticism, has never been devoted.

wUzu0.jpg

Just a shadow...

Well there's another movie ruined for me forever.

Brocephus

Sergeant
As I said yesterday, "You didn't ask for it, so here it is." The radial menu is another example. I'll never use it and I don't see how gamepad support is a priority from the perspective of the player base.

Nodice83

Squire
WBWF&SNWVC
As I said yesterday, "You didn't ask for it, so here it is." The radial menu is another example. I'll never use it and I don't see how gamepad support is a priority from the perspective of the player base.
+1 hate the radial menu myself, guessed it deserves a separate thread to discuss..

Top Bottom