SP - General Tons of suggestion + feedbacks for Skills & Clan role Mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

Emonium

Recruit
I have gathered a lot of suggestion along my play-trough. I have made identical post on steam forum but I would like to share it here since this is the only place that the dev would read

Firstly this is my thought of skill gain

Levels too fast
>Steward
>Medic
>Smithing

Okay Ratio but maybe gets too slow at higher level
>Weapon Skills
>Cunning Skills
>Engineering
>Trade

Levels too slow
>Charm
>Leadership
>Riding & Athletics
>Any skill above 100

Suggestion on skill (I think this should be more considered than the rest of non-essential ones)
>Remove skill ceiling goddamnit. Whats the point of +1 stuff every 250 skill if skill doesn't even naturally go over 200?
>Exp requirement scaling is DISGUSTING. It should only double after reaching 250 point
>Leveling should be based on raw xp gain instead of SP. This should be balanced and fair since SP based leveling is apathetic on whether you're leveling throwing from 5 to 6 or leveling bow from 200 to 201. I should not be forced to train skill I don't need just to level up

Additional skill suggestion
>Perk point should be gained every 50 SP globally, but you can pick any perk you want from any skill and there shouldn't be any skill that lock you from picking the other counterpart.
>Perks are only locked by Hero Level and Attribute/Focus points instead of the skill level
>Attribute should give flat stat bonus instead of skill gain like more parties or more damage
>Skills have to learning limit anymore. Focus point gives flat skill gain multiplier up to 6x
>Bring back books and reading. Also maybe add schematic book for smithing. Additionally I wish for books to be randomly generated in large number so it can be used to train skills that you don't want to grind for.
>Companion should have attribute and focus appropriately assigned to their type, that way they can still levels up that specific skill
>Smithing gain need to be nerfed but significantly Increase if you discover new schematics. Refining should not give xp
>Smithing in general ruins economy. Material and refining system should be removed, Smithing stamina should be eradicated.
>Smelting should give nothing but contribute more toward unlocking schematics. Also schematics should show unlock percentage so you know how much more junk you need to smelt to unlock it
>In conjunction, Designing weapon should be free and instead the designed weapon will cause cities of your clans and smithy workshop you own to start producing that weapon from the design and you can then buy it from the smiths. Also replace smiting perk to instead unlock several blueprints within a tier or type
>Steward should be useless to player and only levels up for governors. Steward skill should purely affect actual governing statistics like loyalty and food + some of the perk it has like +companion should be moved to charm and leadership.
>Steward skill should also not affect troop size and instead make troop size personally affected by leadership and charisma attributes
>Medic skill only raise when troop are recovering, also recovery rate bonus should bea flat number instead
>Leadership should increase slowly even when you are not with army. Also should affect wages by small percentage as a clan leader
>Appropriate skills should be gained during persuasion, your personality should also be changed while persuading
>Persuasion should be available as option on virtually any situation that demands paying to allow you to skip paying such as when paying for dowry or when paying for safe passage
>Charm leveling is broken and too infrequent. You currently can farm it just by bartering nothing at all with lords. There should be a persuasion mode for simple socializing that gives charm xp
>Riding and Athletics skill should increase troop movement a bit, also scouting skill need to give flat speed bonus too.
>Engineering skill should affect only build difficulty. Engineering speed should be tied to the army size of the garrisoned and attackers.
>Building siege engine as attacker is useless. You should instead be able to build siege weapon from the start. Instead you simply cannot begin sending troops to the siege or building siege ram/tower until the camp is finished
>Trade skill need minor gain from selling loot. Also should passively reveal trade prices when waiting on cities based on infos you normally get from talking to townspeople

Changes to Clan roles (basically close to CK council but I keep it m&b related)
>FIRSTLY! Clan roles should affect activities outside of the being in a party instead of omnipresently buffing your army
>Remove these roles: Scout, Surgeon, and Engineer. All above's skill should affect to parties the heroes are on
>Quartermaster should actually affect food usage within city a garrison, and increase average garrison limit
>Marshal (leadership): Clan member are allowed to build army and spend influences on their behalf
>Spymaster (roguery): Report on location of lord and armies on the encyclopedia. Warn you if armies are planning to besiege a city within a kingdom
>Trainer (any skill/can have multiple): Trains governors and young clan member
>Diplomat (charm): Increase rep with other faction and passively attempt to recruit clans
>Emissary (charm): Allow declaring wars and suing for peace (charm affect chance of success)
>Cook (none): Allow organizing feasts and parties
>Architech (Engineer): Reduce material cost for clan fief's projects
>Crafter (Smithing): Allow ordering this clan member to make specific weapon or armor or passively research new schematics
>Stablemaster (Horses): Unlock horse budget which this clan member will use to buy horses and warhorses for your clan, also allow ordering specific breed of mount since you rarely get them from tournament anymore
>Accountant (Trade): Reduce a percentage of fee on daily budget
>Tax Collector (Trade): Increase the amount of tax gained by a percentage
>Taskmaster (Trade): Increase the amount of profit gained by workshops by a percentage
>Caravan Master(Trade): Increase the amount of profit gained by trade caravans by a percentage
>With the above economic clan role, do re-introduce mismanagement penalties from having too many fief, workshop, parties, and/or caravans. Keep the ceiling to still be based on clan level but still allow getting those above the limit

Party Roles (uses clan role slot but this one is specific to parties)
>Heroes that have a party role will automatically rebuild their parties when possible after being emancipated
>Warband (leadership/party role): Party of this clan member focus on attacking enemies and joining other armies if possible
>Adventurer (charm/party role): Party of this clan member focus on raising rep with notables and other clans
>Trader (trade/party role): Party of this clan focus on trading between cities to make money
>Additionally i would like to suggest the removal of party limit and instead make it limit the parties from clans that are allowed to join armies. These army limit should be increased by 1 per 2 clan levels

I'm not sure if I agree on every aspect concerning skillsn (I for example think stewart should be usefull for player). But +1 anyway, since I agree with most of your point!

Back
Top Bottom