TONS of graphic issues

Users who are viewing this thread

joustingjay

Banned
In the first game, I had peoples hair not showing up. On Warband, not only am I having a lack of hair appearing, the ground graphics are completely missing, as if I am riding around in the air, helmets are all corrupted....this sucks.

Can you post your system spec's joust? And what settings are you playing with in-game? Are you using DX7 or DX9?

Usually graphical issues are a result of hardware, not software. Could just be a driver issue too.

Thanks for the response. I am play on DX9. here are my specs:

* 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 Dual-Core Processor (with Centrino 2 technology)
    * 4 GB RAM (8 GB max)
    * 320 GB Hard Drive, Blu-ray read/write drive (plus DVD/CD burner)
    * Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1, 64-bit)
    * Extra-wide 16.4-inch screen, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 graphics (2280 MB total)

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

* Hardware Platform: PC
    * Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo
    * System Bus Speed: 1066
    * Number of Processors: 2
    * RAM: 4000 MB
    * RAM Type: DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Drive

* Size: 320 GB
    * Manufacturer: Standard
    * Type: Serial ATA

Graphics and Display

* Graphics RAM: 512 MB

I had this since the last two patches of Beta Warband.

As a test, to isolate the problem: Try selecting DirectX7 at the launching screen.

Do all the textures appear now?

If not, the issue could be something else; in which case uninstall the game (go to the folder an make sure no files are remaining), and then re-install.

Hmm, it could be an issue with the laptop's card. a 3650 should be able to run Warband, but I'm not sure if the card handles the game engine correctly. Do you have the latest drivers installed?

Some other things to try:

-Run in DX7 mode
-Turn of all shadowns and make sure HDR lighting isn't on.
-Make sure Antiailiasing and Anistropic filtering are off.

I just did a quick skirmish battle on DX7, and it looks good (so far!) Thanks for the help. I'll post again shortly after putting in some more time on it.
My drivers are up to date, btw

Fiddle around with the settings. I had the missing ground bug, because I turned something on in video settings. Instancing, maybe? What does that even do, anyway?

I have no clue what 'instancing' does, I was wondering the same thing. However, running DX7 solved my graphic dropout bug.

Bearhugger said:
I, on the other hand refuse to play on dx 7.
I'm waiting for a patch i suppose...

I too dislike dx 7, as it basicly makes it look worse than the original mount and blade on lowest settings (it also ran in dx9 fine like a good boy). As someone mentioned earlier, it ran fine for me 2 patches ago but now if I even run it in dx9 on the lowest of the low settings, it glitches up. I can only pray when steam releases the full game update at long last (it's about 2 hours late) it fixes these issues. Or a future patch.

Daelin said:
Bearhugger said:
I, on the other hand refuse to play on dx 7.
I'm waiting for a patch i suppose...

I too dislike dx 7, as it basicly makes it look worse than the original mount and blade on lowest settings (it also ran in dx9 fine like a good boy). As someone mentioned earlier, it ran fine for me 2 patches ago but now if I even run it in dx9 on the lowest of the low settings, it glitches up. I can only pray when steam releases the full game update at long last (it's about 2 hours late) it fixes these issues. Or a future patch.

Yes I just noticed how horrible the characters now look like... my khergit Lady Ajris is Miss Munster!!!  :cry:

And no its not Vista, I have XP and same problems

Nahh, its not vista, same problem with xp, with ati radeon 3200. Switched to dx7- problem gone. But after witnessing the beauty of dx9 warband I'm loathe to put up with the ugliness of dx7... Someone make a patch, or I'll seriously cry...

The newest one. I'll wager its simple incompatibility with the integrated chipset, which sucks, becouse it prolly wont be fixed anytime soon.

Gosh. First it's the Dll issue and when I finally find the newer version that gets the game going it's these graphic problems. It's so irritating to be forced to play on M&B's graphics standard when I have waited for a real upgrade for this game

I'd say seems like ATI-only problem but I do have some glitches with clothes, skins and hairs of all types. Obviously something with lighting not sure what.

I'm on a GF6600GT though pretty old but still ran M&B perfectly

Back
Top Bottom