SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, look forward to the release. Does this have freelancer? It would be even more fantastic if it did. By the way, the dedication you have for the mod is wonderful. I love seeing people actually working on mods and keeping them alive.  Anyway. I really hope that if it doesn't have freelancer. Hopefully one day you will implement it. Cheers

fladin said:
Thank you !

Upload attemp #3  :facepalm: :
puwbeVi.png

I can unfortunately understand the struggle of slow/unreliable internet.  :cry:

I gave up  :dead:
I'll re-try after tomorrow (a friend who had a better connection), an opportunity to eliminate some bugs ...

trooper0077 said:
Hey, look forward to the release. Does this have freelancer? It would be even more fantastic if it did. By the way, the dedication you have for the mod is wonderful. I love seeing people actually working on mods and keeping them alive.  Anyway. I really hope that if it doesn't have freelancer. Hopefully one day you will implement it. Cheers

No freelancer at the moment and  I don't think that'll add it  in the future (at least not as is, but I will take inspiration from it  to do something similar, like a quest ...)

I admit that I haven't even tried  :oops: , I wanted to add 2 or 3 things before uploading (like improving troop trees presentation :wink: or  to change some unrealistic "leather" armors -in player's troops-  ...)
PKJWM8h.png
And if I find some time, I'll try to create a  "calculation of appearance" script  : AI can  react to your appearance (cloths, wearing a faction's armor in wrong place or circumstance ...)

edit : just finished player's troops "normal" armors
wj6LHqk.png

Wow the armor, it just fits in perfectly. I'm curious tho.
What about the armor rating between the leather only, with mail, with shoulder, and with the breastplate?
Realism is fun, at least for me :lol:

Why leather  when you can obtain  better protection (padded cloth) with a slightly cheaper material (leather is more expensive than linen or wool)

These armors look gorgeous, as always. I don't mind at all now that you do not release soon the new version as I'm out for holidays and I would not be able to play it anyway, so keep this great work up  :mrgreen:

Been playing a wee bit. Have some screenshots of my character Bartolomeo, Imifir mercenary whose family (father, who was a former soldier) came from the old Kaliskos nation state.

Will get a better picture of him sooner or later, but here's some screenshots of just walking through some different towns.

This bottom one was when Bartolomeo was on a few errands for various merchant houses in the Imifir confederacy, to go south and root out some problems and rescue a few family members taken hostage by the steppe bandits. Its unfortunately a common problem for the Imifir merchant families to lose their loved ones to vicious brigands on the steppes, but the trading deals provided by the Khanate are lucrative enough to risk the dangers.

451AFA0751A42599BAFCE36496031CBC5CBA4F37

A08E039E27B54A9D24580BD1B22EE9FEC020CA79

And here we are in Pravar- the Kingdom of Pravar is not a very old one, as it had been founded just recently when its king decided to split from the crumbling Dirim empire decades ago. The kingdom of Pravar is founded upon the wants of the aristrocracy and their relative want for more power and rights- rights the Empress and her dynasty were not willing to give necessarily due to the rather centralized rule of the Dirim's government structure. Still, even after all these years the influence of the Dirim empire's legacy is still felt on their cities, Pravar itself having a lot of the old structures reminiscent of the urban lifestyle of Dirim's metropolitan society. Their merchants none the less are welcoming enough to men of Imifir... although there is a certain hostility in the air whenever Kaliskos is mentioned- after all, it wasn't long ago when the Kaliskos army fought Pravar and others on the field of battle, and lost the war for their independence. The resistance is still relatively fresh in a lot of minds. Bartolomeo doesn't forget his heritage- or the sacrifices of his father, the man having lost a leg to infection, but he knows when not to speak to preserve his own hide. Business must be carried out if he's to pay his troops.

C477330430BF24C3552704C7B01F98C20745176C

And here we are in the Hadvog territories... forested, damp, cold lands inhabited by resilient northerners. The Hadvog had ventured across the seas centuries ago, and their people's had split in beliefs ever since then- the Hadvog settling down with local strongmen, forming their own kingdom, while the Galnar kept to their old beliefs, preferring not to grow soft off of lording over lands and preferring to raid and pillage as their forefathers had. While the Hadvog are certainly not peaceful by any means, they are definitely welcoming to traders with many good commodities to be sold, and their fair share of problems. Bartolomeo keeps rather neutral in these lands however as he does not want to embroil himself in the inter tribal conflicts of Galnar chieftains and Hadvog lords, nor does he want to get involved in the rampant warfare of the Borovid princes and boyars that often feud with their Hadvog neighbours, his company is simply not large enough to handle such threats yet.

A6925CDF5F9564CAE60D3F9C4816735A6CFBA49F

Mercenaries walk the streets in many towns, but few really have many ambitions beyond fighting to earn their coin and growing their purses fat with spoils, and their beds warm with women (and sometimes men if its a very drunk night. Or if you have an abundance of very strange Afirid soldiers, or so Bartolomeo's heard many nights in the tavern.) but Bartolomeo has a dream. To reclaim the Kingdom of Kaliskos, and reforge the nation into something great- and not only that, a place where all mercenaries and man at arms can find a home, a place where soldiers can truly thrive, as well as the industries that support them. Never again will his homeland fall to the predations of outsiders, and nor will it be subject to the whims of external kings. Her merchants and people will thrive... but this long term goal will have to wait. The Kaliskos river and the great city will call to him in his dreams, but for now, he must bide his time. Build up funds and relations... for a non noble son, the only way to secure power will be through social relations with the merchant families of Imifir and other nations, and through strength of arms- both of which will need to be greased by coin.

2CB7CD613B38CA9294E67331B746AF3A08868E50

And here's some soldiers in general, town guards.

A27CAE508A13A53980716DDD4279369DD3E750D8

A Praetorian from Dirim, with his mask standing watch over the ancient, splendorous yet weary capitol of the Dirim empire.

2E1B10337CE7CA7C3B47986905E3989602F757E0

And here's some Hadvog guards. This particular one is stretching, while others have some rather stern stares about them. Likely wars with the Borovid Principalities have made them rather hardened, bleak men.

70FB20D012A5A5EB85C75B3396ECAA7EBF25CD25

ACD7D1B77F5568102BAC79F0D1934865DF4F78C5

And here's an old Guhulay soldier. He looks kind of bored.
D5CF364B433E5B481323DCFF4F055D229190221F

And that's all for now. I'll tune you guys in on some cool stuff later on.

Thank you 

A great story from Bartolomeo  :grin:, eager to see more, and some inspiring ideas from Comrade Crimson  :

1- Kalisos (or Kaliskos) history : was the 4th city-state, but failed to join the Confederacy and finally conquered by Pravar (not it fault : betrayed/abandoned by the other cites in exchange of peace treaty | it's it fault : didn't want join the combined Imifir army)
Interesting idea for an Imifir joining quest  :wink: (the goal is to reconquer kaliksos...)

2- and More dangerous war parties in the steppes  :twisted:

There's a micro patch to fix some little flaws : http://www.moddb.com/mods/tohlobaria/downloads/tohlobaria-052-micro-patch

fladin said:
Thank you 

A great story from Bartolomeo  :grin:, eager to see more, and some inspiring ideas from Comrade Crimson  :

1- Kalisos (or Kaliskos) history : was the 4th city-state, but failed to join the Confederacy and finally conquered by Pravar (not it fault : betrayed/abandoned by the other cites in exchange of peace treaty | it's it fault : didn't want join the combined Imifir army)
Interesting idea for an Imifir joining quest  :wink: (the goal is to reconquer kaliksos...)

2- and More dangerous war parties in the steppes  :twisted:

There's a micro patch to fix some little flaws : http://www.moddb.com/mods/tohlobaria/downloads/tohlobaria-052-micro-patch

Yeah, I remember Kalisos was its own city state at one point. My goal this campaign is to liberate Kalisos city, and rule it as an independent city state once again; and conquer Pravar territories, and eventually Imifir territories itself- or convince their lords to join me.

I'll likely help out the Dirim empire to obtain an ally; but we shall see. I have done the quest where you help them out and all that, won't say the outcomes as to not spoil it- I'll probably test other elements as well.

Combat is pretty fun overall, I really enjoy how soldiers will boot each other down from time to time in a fight, it keeps it interesting. The AI is a lot more smart in general I find combat wise. I still completely murder them because I tend to bait the enemy and lead my troops right at the front, and mostly because im a cheap bastard. Still, its refreshing to fight enemies that are a bit more tricksy in combat. I really hope you do implement BrainyBots AI in future updates.

Also since this mod does indeed have the new spear animations and nifty stuff- while there is certainly cool weapons for all paths, many cool two handed weapons, one handed and other stuff (the weapon diversity of this mod, and armour is very fantastic. The even better thing is all of the armour looks relatively realistic too, I'll probably take screenshots covering that aspect more.)

- Bartolomeo uses a spear and shield, and he's searching for a good crossbow as well. He'll likely also use gunpowder when he gets the chance, because Bartolomeo personality wise I would surmise as this:

He's a very resourceful man who has a gregarious, friendly personality, he's slightly boorish and he tends to have a lot of machismo when dealing with fellow soldiers: and he's not above a crude joke. He's also somewhat underhanded, and not above more brutish tactics to achieve his goals- he will however not stoop to pillaging villages, mostly because doing so will villanize him in the eyes of peasants and sour relations with lords. But capturing lords or killing merchant caravans who do not ally themselves with him is just business. He's very mafia like in a sense.

On the battlefield he likes fighting right in the lines with his men, using his spear to stab enemies on the flanks of the line or through gaps in his soldier's formations, and he will get right in there to help his soldiers out- sometimes doing wily tactics of distracting the enemy with a captured horse to distract the enemy and allow his incoming army to cleave them as he disorganizes them.

His tactics revolve around utilizing a mixed line of infantry and archers, the two supporting each other in a single body, with the infantry crushing the opponents organization and the archers then killing the scattered soldiers as they get driven apart by the wedge the soldiers make. If cavalry are present, Bartolomeo will often call them in to flank a group of enemies, using them as a surgical striking tool.

Bartolomeo dreams of his fortress city state of Kalisos being free. He will stoicly fight for its independence from Pravar, and guard it against all enemies. For now, he builds up relations, wealth and fame in order to retake it- of which out of character wise, I simply aim to conquer it before joining any faction, gadding about as a mercenary for a while to build up a relatively large army and then sieging it.

Edit:

I imagine a good quest would either be to liberate Kalisos on its own and support the rebel movements, something that the companion Ignatius could be part of for his quest, and the other alternative would be where Imifir wishes to conquer it from Pravar, and then suppress the rebels. Multiple points to betray each side is given, and approaches perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom