Today I let the AI f6 a siege out of spite and disgust for the lack of being able to jus.... well ANYTHING

Users who are viewing this thread

I took razih of the Aserai faction, beautiful town, fully upgraded, 5k something prosperity, install full security garrison and a golden boy governor, continue irrigation, you know the pro plan to stabilize the town, nothing special. On to the next one. Everything's fine at first..... then it just isn't feeding it's self.... just needs too much ****ing food.... alright I bring in some food, sometimes that happens at firsts. But it's not just at first this time...... it all the time, the town just wants too much food and there's nothing left to do about it. I wish I could ask the old owner how he managed to feed it for 1k days.... he's in my prisoners with rest of his faction.... but can't to him... to complex. SO I keep trying drop of some food loads as I go through, but it's never enough, it just always needs more and the loyalty and security just keep tanking when it hits zero. I got babies to make, wives to take hunting and like 30 more town to take over. I'm busy.
SO *** it, I take out my Garrison dump the extra into clan parties (whatever)and let the rebels pop and swat em in the spot. I'm hungry and I'm mad about having to do this, so I just go afk and let the AI siege on f6 while I tab out and go eat, I did have to out them on lose formation 1st, but then I park my char in the corner and Tab'd out.

Come back to this

Eh it's okay, lost few nobles but I have enough saved elsewhere and this is just whatever garrison junk party, don't know why it shows the militia on my side. But something up, there 3 left and no action going on outside. SO up the ladders I gotta go.

WTF they just don't go downstairs now? I guess they DID get up the ladders anyways... baby steps. SO I gotta go find that guy stuck in a corner or whatever.

Luckily killing this jerk routed whatever else was stuck and the battles over.

Now I got high loyalty again and about 300 food left over form the rebels (it'll be gone in 2 days...). Some how the rebels spawn and actually fill the grainer to max, they had 700 and ate over half of it while I built the siege camp. Something might just be bugged or something, I'm gonna keep an eye on it but it feels like just too much food for 5k+.

I almost devastated out of spite, but then I showed mercy. But it made me think, is the solution to just repeatedly devastate the town and let rebels pop until the prosperity is nice and low so I can stuff troops in it? I don't need the notables or the tax, I just want the AI to not have it and to store troops.

Yeah, faced the same issue immediately after I took a Khuzait city the last playthrough I did. Didn't have the problem for long though.
Eventually lost it against 1000 Empire besiegers since my archers were too retarded to actually not just stand there and soak arrows.
350 mostly top tier troops lost against 1000 mid-to-garbage tier because the AI is absolutely braindead, and I did 69 (yeah, nice meme there) kills with the funny bombs myself.
The game is broken on so many fundamental levels that (no offense intended, mind you) I think those of us who still play are either masochists or have some kind of Stockholm Syndrome going on.

Everything's fine at first..... then it just isn't feeding it's self.... just needs too much ****ing food.... alright I bring in some food, sometimes that happens at firsts. But it's not just at first this time...... it all the time, the town just wants too much food and there's nothing left to do about it. I wish I could ask the old owner how he managed to feed it for 1k days.... he's in my prisoners with rest of his faction.... but can't to him... to complex. SO I keep trying drop of some food loads as I go through, but it's never enough, it just always needs more and the loyalty and security just keep tanking when it hits zero.
You didn't take the outlying settlements, did you? Because Razih specifically requires the grain from Sahel village, bound to Sahel Castle, to feed itself at high prosperity. Sahel is linked to Razih for trade purposes and the town has no other sources of grain otherwise but that link can be broken if different factions hold the settlements.

To a lesser but still significant extent, high prosperity towns like Razih (no grain/fish villages) also depend on caravans to keep the staple foods coming in and obviously waging war against the Sultan war disrupts the caravan trade with Aserai (who have tons and tons of fish and grain) so there's that too, although it shouldn't matter as much at only ~5000 prosperity. But if you already own Sahel and still have issues with food, that's probably the problem.

You didn't take the outlying settlements, did you? Because Razih specifically requires the grain from Sahel village, bound to Sahel Castle, to feed itself at high prosperity. Sahel is linked to Razih for trade purposes and the town has no other sources of grain otherwise but that link can be broken if different factions hold the settlements.

To a lesser but still significant extent, high prosperity towns like Razih (no grain/fish villages) also depend on caravans to keep the staple foods coming in and obviously waging war against the Sultan war disrupts the caravan trade with Aserai (who have tons and tons of fish and grain) so there's that too, although it shouldn't matter as much at only ~5000 prosperity. But if you already own Sahel and still have issues with food, that's probably the problem.
I haven't taken the castles yet! I use them to harvest the noble troops until they start to dry up ?
You're right about the caravans too, it's very clear they just aren't coming into the central area there. I had an easy time in khuzait land because no matter what they had multiple paths of traffic, but on the inner Aserai there's just not much without the other Aserai caravans. Guess I gotta pick up the pace or just fight the rebels every couple seasons.

I'm also curious though, if I just let the rebels chill for 30 days, I assume they join the aserai as clan, then I can capture them and repeat.... could I make the aserai a massive super faction with many more clans this way? The dump this massive homeless faction onto the world!

You gotta make your own fun in bannerlord sometimes..

I'm also curious though, if I just let the rebels chill for 30 days, I assume they join the aserai as clan, then I can capture them and repeat.... could I make the aserai a massive super faction with many more clans this way? The dump this massive homeless faction onto the world!
Probably, but it would take forever and they'd start bouncing around to different factions after awhile.

This was really good advice! Indeed after taking that castle the food situation improved a lot. I also went ahead and let the Aserai go and made peace so thier caravans will help me again.

Back
Top Bottom