To those who have been steamrolled:

Users who are viewing this thread

Khuzits are just unstopple. Their units are OP. Their leather armor somehow is better than chainmails and they take over the map so fast. I tried to fix this. Joined them. Then raided every remaining faction and betrayed them. They still defeated every single faction!!! Now all those factions are fighting one another and completely ignoring the threat of the Khuzits. There must be some aggressive expansion penalty.

I dont really think they are OP , the khuzaits. Ive been playing as their vassal and on 1:1 ratio our lancers ALWAYS get crushed by Empires lancers, especially their cataprachts and elite cataprachts, those things are tanks and a massive pain in the butt. I get it how khazuits can be a pain also, but maybe its because of their horse archers which indeed are very effective tool, especially since the horse archer ai is a lot better then warband and HAs will run in a pretty uniform circle around your infantry. That i conceed is very dangareous if you have infantry based army.
What id suggest if you have trouble dealing with khuzaits is to avoid open fields, its pretty logical. For a while i used exclusively horse archer (60%) and lancers (40%) in my party and i couldnt win any battle which wasnt open field. In the woods i could outnumber eneymy 2+:1 and still loose.
If open field is unavoidable, just focus on the empire cavalry and keep th infantry at minimum. As i said empire lancer are superior to khuzaits in my experiance and theyll do a fine job dispersing the horse archers

I dont really think they are OP , the khuzaits. Ive been playing as their vassal and on 1:1 ratio our lancers ALWAYS get crushed by Empires lancers, especially their cataprachts and elite cataprachts, those things are tanks and a massive pain in the butt. I get it how khazuits can be a pain also, but maybe its because of their horse archers which indeed are very effective tool, especially since the horse archer ai is a lot better then warband and HAs will run in a pretty uniform circle around your infantry. That i conceed is very dangareous if you have infantry based army.
What id suggest if you have trouble dealing with khuzaits is to avoid open fields, its pretty logical. For a while i used exclusively horse archer (60%) and lancers (40%) in my party and i couldnt win any battle which wasnt open field. In the woods i could outnumber eneymy 2+:1 and still loose.
If open field is unavoidable, just focus on the empire cavalry and keep th infantry at minimum. As i said empire lancer are superior to khuzaits in my experiance and theyll do a fine job dispersing the horse archers

More and more it sounds like bias against the player. Whichever side you are on, will fail miserably, and your enemies will be unstoppable. Which doesn't feel realistic, IMO. Why do these Lords seem hell bent on destroying a relative nobody, like yourself?

i don't know, maybe it is bias against the player. we were getting crushed by both batannians, and later by the southern empire.
In my campaign the southern empire was the steamrolling faction and at the start of the war they were at 12k strength we were at 6k. Within few weeks they took half our territory, rose to 15k strength, we fell to 3-4k. we could barely keep up, struggling to recapture what we lost, trying not to loose it all. At that point i changed my tactic.
I completely stopped with the capturing and defending, ignored allied lords armies, didn't join any of their campaigns. Instead, i built a my party so that it consisted of around 60 horse archers and 40 lancers, and just started soloing around map, looking for estranged, isolated enemy lords, stalking their large armies waiting for them to disband and then strike each lord individually, capturing them and executing them. I killed their lords left and right, no discrimination, no matter the diplomatic penalty. It worked.

At the pinnacle of Southern Empire, they were at 15k strenght and had 104 lords. Now they are around 4-5k strenght and down to around 25-30 lords and lost half of their territory to us.

Now this alone does not prove 100% that we turned the tides because i killed their lords but all things considered I think its safe to say that it helped.

They started snowballing in my campaign around 1090 along with vlandia, but I was able to stop both of them raising huge armies myself and executing every lord I could

obvious thing is that both Vlandia and Khuzaits have only one direction to defend so it is easy for them to attack. Even the Southern Empire which seems pretty strong has a problem if they are fighting Aserai and then have war declared upon to the North or West because their armies are not there. And they are the most anchored of the non border factions. Battanians, Northern and Western Empire can get piled on from multiple directions.

Does not quite explain Sturgians getting shafted, but I'd guess cavalry

Back
Top Bottom