To the modding team: a request for use of your weapons and armour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Aenima

Sergeant
Hi guys. A few months ago I came up with the idea of making a mod depicting the barbarian invasions of the Roman Empire. The team is just yours truly, and as a result progress is slow - it's been made slower by me not being able to devote much time to it as well, but it's something that I intend to eventually finish (albeit hopefully with help!)

You can read about it in the mod thread here. The concept is simple; replace the 6 factions of native WB with relevant factions, re-structure the native troops trees with historically accurate soldiers and set it all up on an accurate map of Europe and Asia to let the game play out. In theory, it's a simple plan, a way to break into the modding world.

In practice, it's pretty difficult, and that's where I'm hoping you'll help me. While I've found some odd-bits that I plan to use (such as the cataphract helmet I was able to buy from a city in Italy) your mods main attraction for me is the Roman weapons and armour, specifically the spatha, auxiliary shield and perhaps even the chain mail armour, if I can get it to look good on Roman soldiers of the 4th/5th century. Your models look great, and I was hoping that if I told you what I want to use and what for, you'd let me add it into my mod (although I admit that, being a total newb, I have no idea when I'll even manage to add it to my own mod, let alone release it)

Would be great to hear back from you guys, and also good luck with your own modding - looks great!

Back
Top Bottom