To the developers about NFT usage

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't have an issue with NFTs but selling assets to the dev made with their own tools just seems rather stupind.
I mean sure if TW agrees to and actually buys stuff I guess that's great for him. But I don't see that happen. At all. Ever.
There are actually games where players are paid for content they made that is integrated into the game. I know Planetside 2 has done so, for example. I don't see an issue with that.
What I have an issue with is people trying to push their NFT bs into games. As I said, companies have managed to pay players for content they made before - what value do NFTs add to that transaction? None.
Post like this one are why I can't take people like you serious. Trying to push blockchain this, blockchain that, NFT thisnthat into anything and everything.

No NFTs for anyone, in any way, please.
I don't understand their popularity. They seem to be a get rich quick from dummies scheme. No regulation, no laws. I am against crypto currency too, but only because it has a climate impact due to all miners.
(And also because you can't find a graphics card these days.)

There are actually games where players are paid for content they made that is integrated into the game. I know Planetside 2 has done so, for example. I don't see an issue with that.
What I have an issue with is people trying to push their NFT bs into games. As I said, companies have managed to pay players for content they made before - what value do NFTs add to that transaction? None.
Post like this one are why I can't take people like you serious. Trying to push blockchain this, blockchain that, NFT thisnthat into anything and everything.
It's kind of like those crypto guru's preaching about metaverse despite the fact it has existed for years and web3 despite it being made up by one of the ethereum co founder and completely unrelated to the author who made web1 and web2 in the first place.

NFT's offer no value in videogames, give me one good example OP.

Companies going into NFT's are currently doing this simply to milk the cows who hold unto 8000ETH and are willing to dump their money into it the same way FIFA has been funded for years now by big whales.
JFC this is such a brilliant hot take into the NFT debacle I'm extremely suprised I haven't heard it before. It makes so much sense!

Hats off to you good sir.

And for the OP, look, I found an emoji made after you!
?

Inappropriate language
**** off with this NFT bull**** go to EA and ubisoft. I stop caring about their games Years ago anyway

To the all people attacking me, your all closed minded. It’s a way to make sure a creator gets to create and for their work whether it be a scene or a custom asset to be appreciated by the developer. It would literally make the campaign so much more immersive. I would be highly against putting the charge onto players BUT WHY WOULD THEY… they would be saving money on labour and time costs… I don’t understand what’s so hard about it. Everyone wins, developers save money and time, players get a highly immersive game where possibly every town they visit is some place made by some creator, and creators maybe able to earn something for the extremely long hours they put into their mods/scenes/assets and so forth.

I do the exact same crap when friends irl bring up NFT's
Having crowd sourced creators getting appreciation from developers via any type monetary gain is not a bad thing. It’s not coming out of your pocket or shouldn’t come out of any players pocket other than buying the game itself. Can’t you imagine the campaign map just filled with creator cities and towns, how amazing it would be. Creators spend 100s of hours producing their mods, if they can get some money for it than they can produce even better work or maybe make their dream of doing it full time come true.

You’re all closed minded, think outside the box. The money is NOT coming from the player side…

No NFTs for anyone, in any way, please.
NFT is just a barcode for a creators product. The player wouldn’t need to pay for anything. It’s meant for the developer in this case, to provide the most value to its customers via immersive game created by talented modders. There is Literally nothing to lose as a player

It’s a way to make sure a creator gets to create and for their work whether it be a scene or a custom asset to be appreciated by the developer.
They might as well pay creators with exposure.

People hate NFT because it's ultimately pointless, and all this hype is tricking people into wasting their money to buy said pointless thing, which is frustrating to see for people with even a little bit of sympathy. People are dumping on you because you're promoting this nonsense trend. It's the same frustration as seeing someone spreading a scam.

NFT is just a barcode for a creators product. The player wouldn’t need to pay for anything. It’s meant for the developer in this case, to provide the most value to its customers via immersive game created by talented modders. There is Literally nothing to lose as a player
If you are trying to sell something to the developer, having a NFT is pointless, just negotiate a contract with the developers and SELL YOUR STUFF like normal people. They are not going to resell the RIGHTS to a scene as it is useless for anyone else.

Discussion between users are welcome, offences are not
Yet again another fellow Sicilian humiliates me whit their sh*t opinions

Vattene, logga fuori e non tornare più

If you are trying to sell something to the developer, having a NFT is pointless, just negotiate a contract with the developers and SELL YOUR STUFF like normal people. They are not going to resell the RIGHTS to a scene as it is useless for anyone else.
But the same product could be used across different engines. It’s literally why places like Amazon exist…. It’s a market place. Wtf is wrong with all you people thinking there will be micro transactions. This is literally content that would be bought from the creator and released with the FULL GAME…

Back
Top Bottom