To the developers about NFT usage

Users who are viewing this thread

I wanted to ask the developers if they were interested in map/scene creation NFTs. I love using the TaleWorlds custom engine because It creates the vistas that I imagined.

It does take me many hours to fully set up each map to not only look pretty but to be playable.

The question is would I be able to mint one of my scene files and display it on a market place.

Banner lord online/single player especially has soo much potential to make the game So much more interactive. Like a real evolving world.
Just show your scene bro

By buying your NFTs they would gain the right to use your map in their game?
Are there any games that have implemented this map NFT system before?
what's the difference between using NFTs and just paying the map makers like CSGO?

I'm trying to learn something new today

By buying your NFTs they would gain the right to use your map in their game?
Are there any games that have implemented this map NFT system before?
what's the difference between using NFTs and just paying the map makers like CSGO?

I'm trying to learn something new today
Actually he wants the Copyright of TW to create a NFT based on Calradia, but yeah, could be possible.. Some guys already use this system for cosmetics, weapons, gears for online games

Ignoring the debate about any merits or validity NFTs might have, I can give @inter17 a definitive answer on the core premise of their proposal: TW has chosen not to crowd-source scenes for inclusion in Bannerlord, and even made it clear that winning entries of their Bannerlord scening contest would not be included in the game but were purely to demonstrate the creativity & ability of those who participated.

I would not hold my breath waiting for this position to change.

I'm not sure what purpose this thread now serves, but if you want to keep discussing NFTs then go for it. Just keep the hostility in check.

I wanted to ask the developers if they were interested in map/scene creation NFTs. I love using the TaleWorlds custom engine because It creates the vistas that I imagined.

It does take me many hours to fully set up each map to not only look pretty but to be playable.

The question is would I be able to mint one of my scene files and display it on a market place.

Banner lord online/single player especially has soo much potential to make the game So much more interactive. Like a real evolving world.

This wont work. And it's really bad.

TW has chosen not to crowd-source scenes for inclusion in Bannerlord, and even made it clear that winning entries of their Bannerlord scening contest would not be included in the game but were purely to demonstrate the creativity & ability of those who participated.

I would not hold my breath waiting for this position to change.
Damn, didn't think I'd be doing this so soon again..

why-asking.gif

The problem with all crypto-related stuff is it's decentralized and therefore unregulated. While individual countries can limit and ban stuff, that won't really prevent users from carrying out transactions.
So it will always be open to scams and lack of consumer protection. Its strength in the eyes of its somewhat cultist users is its biggest weakness.

It's the digital equivalent of libertarian anarchy, which some think of as some kind of ultimate utopia of freedom, and us sceptics think it's Wild West dystopia (or a quick tutorial on why you need real government).
I hope you enjoyed my moderately informed rant, if not there are other rants to read and be depressed about.
Calm down guys, this guy is a scene maker, a valuable asset to the modding community.
Scenemaking doesn't give you a license to be dumb or, worse, to bait innocent forumites. Some of the best modders are probably war criminals or at least very unpleasant people, and you don't see us being calm about it.

Last edited:
The problem with all crypto-related stuff is it's decentralized and therefore unregulated. While individual countries can limit and ban stuff, that won't really prevent users from carrying out transactions.
So it will always be open to scams and lack of consumer protection. Its strength in the eyes of its somewhat cultist users is its biggest weakness.

It's the digital equivalent of libertarian anarchy, which some think of as some kind of ultimate utopia of freedom, and us sceptics think it's Wild West dystopia (or a quick tutorial on why you need real government).
I hope you enjoyed my moderately informed rant, if not there are other rants to read and be depressed about.
+1
A wide open door for money laundering, tax avoidance (not sure about that one though) and uncontrollable speculation...
One person's freedom ends where another's begins...

Totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom