TO THE DEV TEAM: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK OVER THE PAST DECADE. To the people ****posting ▽

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's maybe a massive hit of nostalgia (I pretty much giggled like my old teenaged self when it came up in my ssuggested purchases.). But I love the game.
But things can still be improved and people shouldn't be gasped at and bothered for thinking that. Especially when it's priced more expensivley than some of the most fawned over sub AAA games like the paradox mains. :neutral:

I feel the same. Anything I can do to help the devs along. $50-40 is such a small price to pay for this

4. YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE WHAT "UNFINISHED" SHOULD MEAN. Who buys something with a "BUY AT OWN RISK" warning and then

Electronic Arts would love to have you on their Public Relations Team.

It is about spreading the message of love and supporting our devs. This way they stay motivated and will love what they do. (Not just the money)
People forget that behind the desks, there are HUMANS sitting.

Yeah, sitting for 8 years might cause back issues, but I am sure they need to get feedback, including ****posting, without pressure there is no movement
I appreciate the devs to but there is a fine line between appreciating, and shilling or sucking them off just because they are developers

If you don't know how to drive, don't be a backseat driver. That's a factual argument
Your logic is so skewed and narrow in this sentence because that means I can't criticize the driver for being bad or good just because I am not the one driving.
Or that I can't criticize art because I am not the artist.
Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I think I had enough of this Reddit brain tumors. I only see half assed arguments in defense of the game, nothing else properly worth engaging with in a discussion.

I don't think he is trying to change anyone's mind though.

No they are, read their last 2 paragraphs.

As Rainz alluded to, I didn't make this thread for you. I made this thread to let Talewords know there are some of us who appreciate their time and effort. Not everyone here has the need to have their ego rubbed. How about we support the devs so they finish the game instead of ruining their motivation through ****posts?

"Please remember this dev team started as a passion project out of a dorm room and is not a AAA dev team with millions of dollars and private funding. Can we not agree to help the devs make this game better through support and appreciation? The bottom line is anyone posting anger, disappointment, etc. etc. is in the wrong and is not needed here. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING post to improve it not to kick it while it's down smh. Call me a white knight but the truth is anger is an ugly emotion that stems from things like insecurity, ego, and entitlement.

Support or refund and leave us to enjoy the game. I can't even read posts about the game content and answering people's honest questions because of all this filth"

Telling people they're wrong, telling them to refund the game, ect... You didn't make this thread for the dev team. Not to mention hypocritically you say this: "anger is an ugly emotion" while getting angry at those who are criticizing the game.

I'm happy that you are enjoying the game but you have to understand the other side.

For people like me the game doesn't even start.

I cannot reach the freaking main menu and Ive spent more than 12 hours trying different fixes and reinstalling it over and over again.

I'm fine with spending 45 EUR on an unfinished, bugged product.

But I'm not fine with spending 45 EUR on a game that doesn't start - so something that doesn't work at all.
The product that I've received could as well be a rock or dust or a turd. It has the same use to me as the current version of the game.

So I'd really like the devs to stop fixing unimportant ****ty issues like merchant prices and fix the CRITICAL game breaking bugs that prevents lots of us from reaching the main menu and playing the buggy, unfinished game.

Hope even a fanboy can understand that.

About the mutiplayer, ahhh its really unbalanced, blocking needs to be faster, (we been saying this for months now), we need siege servers on the custom server list, we need characters, it lags about every 3 secounds for most people even though we have way above the recommended in some cases.

There's a difference between letting the devs know what's broken and angrily venting your emotions. If you actually are trying to help the game as you claim then help create bug lists, real discussion regarding faults, supports the devs and find ways to help instead of childishly keyboard vomiting
You did exactly that in this thread just in the defense of the developers, you aren't any better than us, but ok.

You did exactly that in this thread just in the defense of the developers, you aren't any better than us, but ok.

Yes, but there are many of us who ARE better then you. Also...reaction does not equal action. If I punch you, I'm a bad person. If I punch you after you punch me...I'm merely being logical. Reacting to the insanity is not the same thing as starting the insanity.

Yes, but there are many of us who ARE better then you. Also...reaction does not equal action. If I punch you, I'm a bad person. If I punch you after you punch me...I'm merely being logical. Reacting to the insanity is not the same thing as starting the insanity.

The law won't see it the same way.

@Nikolai Ludovik I feel the same mate.
I really don't understand what these people were expecting. This is quite the price for something that isn't just missing "a few" features, but a lof of them. Ofcourse there will be a ton of ****posting + complaining and bug reporting, it's just how things go in these situations.
Also, the developers already have, or should have some thick skin, because this is the internet, we aren't speaking face to face, we are a lot more rude than usual. Human interaction is surprisingly a lot better IRL than on some forums. To ask the forum people to be overly polite and indulgent would be like me going on 4chan and asking people not to swear for an hour. It ain't happening.

I really don't understand what these people were expecting. This is quite the price for something that isn't just missing "a few" features, but a lof of them. Ofcourse there will be a ton of ****posting + complaining and bug reporting, it's just how things go in these situations.
See what you have not what you don't have. Personally, I have no regrets in paying the price I paid. It's worth it to relive some very old memories and play the game. I'm airing on the side of being happy we have another MB title at all rather than just Warband. Not to mention once the mods come out...I cannot wait. Might even learn to make a mod myself to shut some of you up if the features that are missing are so obvious and easy to include as some of you are claiming

Welcome to the chat room. I remember replying to Patrykus but sure we can assume I was talking to you. Have a link to that stream? Or anything concrete to support this? What you're bringing up is another discussion, which I would love to have. The people I were referring to are making posts out of anger and entitlement and all I'm asking for is real conversation with real points supported by real facts not emotion

Facts and emotion are not mutually exclusive. People are angry for a reason, but it's up to you whether to agree with those reasons.

The stream was 5 hours long, I watched it with some discord friends. Here are some of the issues:

> Broken lighting all across the game. This has been a problem for years, and is probably why they didn't show much of the lighting in the 2018 gamescom.
> Awful art direction. The game looks like it was made by 10 different people who never communicated with each other. Individually some things look okay, but the overall picture is extremely ugly. To say I could do a better job isn't even an exaggeration. I have done a better job just in my own game:
ELoHBEbXYAAJsyK
> The weapons look terrible and many of them have broken models that werent exported properly, or are glitched in other ways.
> Formations are useless. Cavalry smashes through everything like a bowling ball.
> Archers do better against cavalry than pikemen and elite spearmen.
> The sound design is all over the place, and the engine refuses to prioritise nearby / player sounds. This has been an issue in the game for over a year.
> Many of the textures are horribly misplaced.

This is the tip of the enormous iceberg. I could go on and on and on, but you get the picture. It's a chaotic mess which really should have been QA tested before exposing it to 500,000 people.

Mount and blade for me is like a graphic novel providing options for you to write your own story, living a life in the mideval time and it does just that. I understand that how people come to play the game with a standard and wish it could deliver some AAA graphic and combat mechanism etc etc but this never was what this game was intented to be.
Beside when you have a crap load of game that gives you hack n slash experience, more that deliver next gen graphics why count on teleworld to make another witcher/ total war.

Facts and emotion are not mutually exclusive. People are angry for a reason, but it's up to you whether to agree with those reasons.

The stream was 5 hours long, I watched it with some discord friends. Here are some of the issues:

> Broken lighting all across the game. This has been a problem for years, and is probably why they didn't show much of the lighting in the 2018 gamescom.
> Awful art direction. The game looks like it was made by 10 different people who never communicated with each other. Individually some things look okay, but the overall picture is extremely ugly. To say I could do a better job isn't even an exaggeration. I have done a better job just in my own game:
ELoHBEbXYAAJsyK
> The weapons look terrible and many of them have broken models that werent exported properly, or are glitched in other ways.
> Formations are useless. Cavalry smashes through everything like a bowling ball.
> Archers do better against cavalry than pikemen and elite spearmen.
> The sound design is all over the place, and the engine refuses to prioritise nearby / player sounds. This has been an issue in the game for over a year.
> Many of the textures are horribly misplaced.

This is the tip of the enormous iceberg. I could go on and on and on, but you get the picture. It's a chaotic mess which really should have been QA tested before exposing it to 500,000 people.

Hey, sorry for a little offtopic, but @Kentucky James VII do you have a more info about your game or when i can read about it? I really like to know.

Cheers.

EDIT
Ah, nevermind, found it Iron Chieftain

Ah yes unchecked emotion in a thread. Blissful transition @Moheemo

You couldn't prove the game's value so you made an all caps praise call-to-arms.

And somehow...

We're circle jerking?

"reaction does not equal action. If I punch you, I'm a bad person. If I punch you after you punch me...I'm merely being logical. Reacting to the insanity is not the same thing as starting the insanity" as stated above

.... You made a post just to dickride the devs? Lol chill man and enjoy the game, shut up with the cringeposting simp

Damn straight and I'll do it again. In a sea of hate it does no harm to offer a hand. As far as being a cringeposting simp, you sound like you're trying to be a mini Kentucky James. Try and be more original? If you can?

A bit generous with the all caps, but I agree. The game is still unfinished (as the devs have told us multiple times) and I get the frustration - but dammit I think it looks very promising.

Things are progressing fast already! Hope TW will keep up the great work :smile:

Just wanna reiterate how much I appreciate TW's work so far. The EA is fantastic, SO many new features, the game is awesomely beautiful and complex...I can't imagine when the modding will kick in.
I can only hope that the overly toxic comments won't dishearten you guys...of course there are many issues to be ironed out and it's fine to criticize...but some topics are just :facepalm:
I for one consider it a privilege to be able to play, give feedback and know that the devs are hearing you. Thank you kindly TW!

Back
Top Bottom