TO THE DEV TEAM: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK OVER THE PAST DECADE. To the people ****posting ▽

Users who are viewing this thread

Moheemo

Recruit
I am disgusted with the amount of entitlement and anger towards the dev team for the state of single player campaign.

1. If you presume to tell a dev team how long it should take to make a game from scratch, kick rocks.
2. If you feel like you spent too much for an EA title, that's on you for not knowing what you were buying, not the devs.
3. THE DEVS SAID THAT IF YOU WEREN'T OKAY WITH BUYING AN UNFINISHED GAME, DO NOT BUY
4. YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE WHAT "UNFINISHED" SHOULD MEAN. Who buys something with a "BUY AT OWN RISK" warning and then complains???
5. Just from playing it I can tell this game has HUGE potential and shoving dirt down its mouth because it doesn't give you the instant gratification you have been waiting for is immature and disappointing to say the least

Thank you SO MUCH Taleworlds! Having already released the first patch and a hotfix I can tell this game is going to get the attention it deserves and needs

Please remember this dev team started as a passion project out of a dorm room and is not a AAA dev team with millions of dollars and private funding. Can we not agree to help the devs make this game better through support and appreciation? The bottom line is anyone posting anger, disappointment, etc. etc. is in the wrong and is not needed here. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING post to improve it not to kick it while it's down smh. Call me a white knight but the truth is anger is an ugly emotion that stems from things like insecurity, ego, and entitlement.

Support or refund and leave us to enjoy the game. I can't even read posts about the game content and answering people's honest questions because of all this filth

Tough luck. That's part of the industry, you can't deal with the **** posting and criticism then maybe this isn't the place for you or them.

Not to mention, this game is absolutely massive, in a brand new engine, with features planned that are game changing in the field, and at a 20% discount in many cases.... I am just considering this a donation on my part and get to enjoy watching the devs improve it.

Tough luck. That's part of the industry, you can't deal with the **** posting and criticism then maybe this isn't the place for you or them.
Everything you just said is false. Now we're just admitting to and defending the filth...why are you even here? To rub your ego with other people who's instant gratification and expectations weren't met to a T? With all due respect that's sad yo

Not to mention, this game is absolutely massive, in a brand new engine, with features planned that are game changing in the field, and at a 20% discount in many cases.... I am just considering this a donation on my part and get to enjoy watching the devs improve it.
I feel the same. Anything I can do to help the devs along. $50-40 is such a small price to pay for this

It is about spreading the message of love and supporting our devs. This way they stay motivated and will love what they do. (Not just the money)
People forget that behind the desks, there are HUMANS sitting.

Everything you just said is false. Now we're just admitting to and defending the filth...why are you even here? To rub your ego with other people who's instant gratification and expectations weren't met to a T? With all due respect that's sad yo

No it's not false. **** posting and criticism is part any industry that produces and sells any goods. Actually it's part of anything not just a industry. So why am I here? To say that this thread is practically pointless as it's not going to change anyone's mind really. People who like the game will like it, people hate the game hates it. Nothing is really going to change their minds. Especially in such a way the thread was created.

It is about spreading the message of love and supporting our devs. This way they stay motivated and will love what they do. (Not just the money)
People forget that behind the desks, there are HUMANS sitting.

This is corporate simping in its final form. Taleworlds is not a cottage workshop making cute pottery. They are a corporation with a PR wing. You owe them nothing. "love" and "passion" also mean nothing when you read employee glassdoor reviews and realise that they suffer from crunch times, worker exploitation and egoistic management just like any other company.

If you don't know how to drive, don't be a backseat driver. That's a factual argument

I am actually a game developer, and I watched another game developer stream Bannerlord. Both of us were astounded at how bad everything was.

I'm sure the devs are swell folks. Criticism is unfortunately part of this industry. We can all sit here and sing Kumbaya or we can have a heart to heart with the dev team to let them know what works and what doesn't. As consumers it is not our job to sell the game for the developers...their product should do that on its own merits.

No it's not false. **** posting and criticism is part any industry that produces and sells any goods. Actually it's part of anything not just a industry. So why am I here? To say that this thread is practically pointless as it's not going to change anyone's mind really. People who like the game will like it, people hate the game hates it. Nothing is really going to change their minds. Especially in such a way the thread was created.
I don't think he is trying to change anyone's mind though.
As Rainz alluded to, I didn't make this thread for you. I made this thread to let Talewords know there are some of us who appreciate their time and effort. Not everyone here has the need to have their ego rubbed. How about we support the devs so they finish the game instead of ruining their motivation through ****posts?

That fury infused caps lock keyboard doesn't prove you any more right than those who criticize the game.
They ask money for it? Then we can criticize it. Stop smelling your own farts and behave like the developers are sitting in some holier than thou form.

Welcome to the industry. Sunshine and rainbows never created good games.
Rust was plagued by people complaining to the developers about everything and in the end it turned out great because the developers picked the good feedback no matter how much **** was thrown around. This isn't some "safe space" either.

This is corporate simping in its final form. Taleworlds is not a cottage workshop making cute pottery. They are a corporation with a PR wing. You owe them nothing. "love" and "passion" also mean nothing when you read employee glassdoor reviews and realise that they suffer from crunch times, worker exploitation and egoistic management just like any other company.

I am actually a game developer, and I watched another game developer stream Bannerlord. Both of us were astounded at how bad everything was.
Welcome to the chat room. I remember replying to Patrykus but sure we can assume I was talking to you. Have a link to that stream? Or anything concrete to support this? What you're bringing up is another discussion, which I would love to have. The people I were referring to are making posts out of anger and entitlement and all I'm asking for is real conversation with real points supported by real facts not emotion

If we don't let developers know about what is broken in the game, there's high chance that it won't be fixed. Many people who criticize the game/ devs don't do it because they hate them but because they want Bannerlord to be better.Myself included.

What his is channel please ? thanks.

PS: i love your comments:wink:

If we don't let developers know about what is broken in the game, there's high chance that it won't be fixed. Many people who criticize the game/ devs don't do it because they hate them but because they want Bannerlord to be better.Myself included.
There's a difference between letting the devs know what's broken and angrily venting your emotions. If you actually are trying to help the game as you claim then help create bug lists, real discussion regarding faults, supports the devs and find ways to help instead of childishly keyboard vomiting

Back
Top Bottom