To TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

Zcrouse08

Recruit
I believe it's important that somebody speak up around here. Despite the constant all-capsing of a few very upset and entitled MEMEMEs, everyone I have spoken to IRL and through Discord LOVES Bannerlord. We all know the obvious, this is EA, some features are missing. Custom servers would be nice, possibly a hardcore mode with team damage if full custom is not available, etc.

Anyway, I've seen the constant screaming about MP, almost always accompanied by "NO ONE WANTS THIS" and "THE MAJORITY" . I think it's important that you know that everyone I have spoken to outside of this forum do not behave or think like the few who constantly scream and swear and make demands here. It appears to me that the vast majority of players are having a great time with what is on offer, and wish to see more of it. 100,000+ concurrent players, and 20 of them come here and insist that they are the majority and should be allowed to personally instruct the Dev team.

The combat in Bannerlord has a satisfying weight to it that Warband could not offer. It simply FEELS great. There is nothing quite like the satisfying connection between blade and skull. Excellent.

The new class system, excellent choice! Freedom of selection in the Warband system is an illusion as far as optimization is concerned. No matter how many options are available, there will always be a fastest two hander, a strongest shield, a largest quiver. Organizing these EXACT SAME THINGS into a class system does not limit real choice, but instead offers the same choice in a format that is easier to understand on the fly and is also easier to balance on your end. Reading the stats of 7 shields is not necessary if the end choice is always the biggest, or the strongest. You've allowed me to choose exactly that and much quicker. Now I actually play different loadouts. Very good choice, and most people seem to enjoy it, even if those people don't all come to this forum everyday to say so.

I can't speak for everyone, I can only say that everyone that I personally know, from the guy who introduced Mount and Blade to me more than a decade ago, to my friend who had never heard of it until a week before EA, LOVES the multiplayer. Please don't make big sweeping changes at the behest of the angry minority.

Sincerely,
A Longtime Fan

It's polltime! we will see who's the majority.

Good luck polling every person who purchased the game, and that's my point. I can poll everyone I know, and it will be a unanimous positive response, and that was my point. There's nothing wrong with or invalid about your opinions, but you shouldn't declare them fact, and it is unfair to suppose that you are the majority when you only represent a very specific few. I can only offer anecdotal evidence, but I don't encounter negativity surrounding the multiplayer outside of this forum.

Good luck polling every person who purchased the game, and that's my point. I can poll everyone I know, and it will be a unanimous positive response, and that was my point. There's nothing wrong with or invalid about your opinions, but you shouldn't declare them fact, and it is unfair to suppose that you are the majority when you only represent a very specific few. I can only offer anecdotal evidence, but I don't encounter negativity surrounding the multiplayer outside of this forum.

He's trolling. The forum is so long representative for him, as he feels like he'll get more ppl to vote his way of the folks seeing that thread.

I believe it's important that somebody speak up around here. Despite the constant all-capsing of a few very upset and entitled MEMEMEs, everyone I have spoken to IRL and through Discord LOVES Bannerlord. We all know the obvious, this is EA, some features are missing. Custom servers would be nice, possibly a hardcore mode with team damage if full custom is not available, etc.

It started with reasonable feedback, and that feedback was overwhelmingly one way. The first alpha testers were the best players from Warband and those who made popular mods for Warband. The majority of them said the same thing. If they(Taleworlds) did not even intend to listen to them then why did they invite them?

Anyway, I've seen the constant screaming about MP, almost always accompanied by "NO ONE WANTS THIS" and "THE MAJORITY" . I think it's important that you know that everyone I have spoken to outside of this forum do not behave or think like the few who constantly scream and swear and make demands here. It appears to me that the vast majority of players are having a great time with what is on offer, and wish to see more of it. 100,000+ concurrent players, and 20 of them come here and insist that they are the majority and should be allowed to personally instruct the Dev team.

And what? The few friends I managed to get to try Bannerlord for the first time share my feelings so how do we decide who's opinion is better. You can't, there are some who are over dramatic but to just discount any criticism of the multiplayer as a select few is a bit cheap. 100 thousand concurrent players are playing single player and I don't blame them because the multiplayer got old about 300 hours ago for me, I just play in the hopes it will get better.

The combat in Bannerlord has a satisfying weight to it that Warband could not offer. It simply FEELS great. There is nothing quite like the satisfying connection between blade and skull. Excellent.

No one is arguing that Bannerlord doesn't have the potential to feel better, but right now certain things feel sluggish or non-responsive or over convuluted. I'm sure everyone was tired of the silly things that happened in Warband after 10 years of it and want something new.

The new class system, excellent choice! Freedom of selection in the Warband system is an illusion as far as optimization is concerned. No matter how many options are available, there will always be a fastest two hander, a strongest shield, a largest quiver. Organizing these EXACT SAME THINGS into a class system does not limit real choice, but instead offers the same choice in a format that is easier to understand on the fly and is also easier to balance on your end. Reading the stats of 7 shields is not necessary if the end choice is always the biggest, or the strongest. You've allowed me to choose exactly that and much quicker. Now I actually play different loadouts. Very good choice, and most people seem to enjoy it, even if those people don't all come to this forum everyday to say so.

Yes, now it's the best infantry, best archer(which is usually the best infantry too), the best cavalry class. The illusion of choice is now shorter. Instead of working with the community to balance the selection we had in Warband they just chopped it all up and made something new for us to balance instead. You example for 7 (there was only ever 4 shields to choose from but I get it, exaggeration) shields, what if they were different sizes, speeds to block, resistances. Things would be more interesting than having one shield that you can choose to have or not have. There has been numerous ideas brought forward on how to implement a faster way to select equipment via the brand new armoury screen akin to custom classes like Call of Duty has, or introducing tutorials to help new players understand it much like how they have a singleplayer tutorial to guide them through the basics of it. Whatever enjoyment your getting out of the class system I can guarantee it would be more with the ability to customise your playstyle.

I can't speak for everyone, I can only say that everyone that I personally know, from the guy who introduced Mount and Blade to me more than a decade ago, to my friend who had never heard of it until a week before EA, LOVES the multiplayer. Please don't make big sweeping changes at the behest of the angry minority.

Sincerely,
A Longtime Fan

Oh you have no worries about that anyways, Taleworlds has stuck fast to their own bullheaded approach of just smashing everything that made Mount&Blade good and going with the generic **** that every other melee slasher game has now.

He's trolling. The forum is so long representative for him, as he feels like he'll get more ppl to vote his way of the folks seeing that thread.

It's simple then, put a steam poll or add a poll to the home screen for people to vote, so even those who don't visit the forums can have their say. I'd shut up forever if that was the case but the only people I see happy with what they've got is 1st timers to mount and blade and they don't know what they are missing out on.

Mabons, I'm about to have a meeting, so I can't respond to everything, but I will. I just wanted to clarify. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's opinion. I actually agree that it would be nice to have custom servers that meet your expectations, or a TDM that is less restricted, simply because I want everyone to feel satisfied. My only point was that it is not fair to declare your opinion the majority opinion, especially when it doesn't seem to be the majority opinion outside of this seemingly closed loop. My intention is not to dismiss, offend, or condescend to anyone. I only think that TaleWorlds should hear the other side without all of the "filthy casual" talk, because some of us who have played tons of Warband like the new Bannerlord system as well or better. That's all, no offense meant.

No, sir. It's maybe the account of your cognitive dissonance about you being the only ones knowing what the masses want and enjoy. I give +1 to OP and agree 100%
Its pretty obvious the majority are not really happy with current state of the game. You really need to take a break, the last few days have been very exhausting indeed..

Game has had 150,000+ players on it everyday, when 50 people come on the forums to complain that they don't like it, it can feel like the majority don't like it. However, there's thousands who do and are understanding of the fact that this isn't even a complete game yet. The game is good and has a bright future.

Game has had 150,000+ players on it everyday, when 50 people come on the forums to complain that they don't like it, it can feel like the majority don't like it. However, there's thousands who do and are understanding of the fact that this isn't even a complete game yet. The game is good and has a bright future.

I think you should read the other threads my friend, there are not 150,000 players on multiplayer.

You're also imagining it, there is no right or wrong in this.

No one knows who likes the game for a majority.

Some people like the game, some don't, but what's better for a rough indication? The few people coming to complain or the thousands of people who post positive reviews on the Steam page?

tN1SVh1.png

If we asked the question "Do more players like the game than hate it?", the answer is fairly clear based on reviews.

Some people like the game, some don't, but what's better for a rough indication? The few people coming to complain or the thousands of people who post positive reviews on the Steam page?

tN1SVh1.png

If we asked the question "Do more players like the game than hate it?", the answer is fairly clear based on reviews.
We're talking about multiplayer not singleplayer. As stated before the bannerlord multiplayer represents roughly 5% of the population. I'm pretty sure no one here claims the singleplayer is bad, since this is the multiplayer part of the game, not singleplayer.

We're talking about multiplayer not singleplayer. As stated before the bannerlord multiplayer represents roughly 5% of the population. I'm pretty sure no one here claims the singleplayer is bad, since this is the multiplayer part of the game, not singleplayer.

I don't think the multiplayer is bad at all, does it need improvement? Sure. Will community ran dedicated servers be great? Damn right. I don't think it's fair to say the multiplayer is bad. There's a lot of missing content for sure, but whenever I play multiplayer I enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom